We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
VG VaporGenie: How to use, where to get, advantages, etc Options

SunRise
#41 Posted : 4/9/2010 1:02:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How do Y'alls torch lighters work? This Space Cowboy I know got gifted a very well used and well loved creme brulee torch, however the bugger wont turn off unless you flip a switch....becuase of this he can't let himself get too deep while inhaling or he's afraid of setting hesself on fire...Laughing
Spice Tavelin
Space Cowboy

Just know that when you finally realize what type of place the Nexus is, and how many lives it has touched, know that you have helped each one of them and I hope you continue doing so and never lose your way in life-Steely

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#42 Posted : 4/9/2010 1:04:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

personally I just use a normal lighter... a torch lighter that doesnt turn off sounds scary indeed :o

Madcap
#43 Posted : 4/9/2010 1:08:16 AM

illudium Q-36

My torch is just about like this one. I totally agree that your torch sounds rather unsafe / distracting for this purpose. I don't like to have anything I "need to remember" as I set off.

This lighter below is pretty damn similar to mine.

I don't time out my torching. I do however take a small toke first...hardly any at all. I watch it melt and then as soon as I am sure its vaporizing I exhale and start my "real" tokes.

take as many as you can... I don't think its possible to take too many. seriously.... I become incapable of taking more tokes. I really wish the VG had a built in heat source that turned off automatically. Its gets too hard to aim the torch after 1-2 tokes. I can get in 4 if someone holds the tools for me.
Madcap attached the following image(s):
lt776j.jpg (23kb) downloaded 1,524 time(s).
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

gibran2
#44 Posted : 4/9/2010 1:33:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I heat up the ceramic diffuser with a torch lighter for a few seconds before I begin inhaling. I then inhale very gently and slowly with the lighter over the diffuser the entire time. I’m always able to inhale a full dose (25-30mg) in one inhalation (I avoid multiple tokes because I don’t like trying to smoke when I can’t tell which of the 3 pairs of hands I see belong to me!* Shocked )

Never, ever use a lighter that won’t turn off if dropped/released. Much too dangerous.

*This actually happened once.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

BGTM236
#45 Posted : 4/10/2010 12:44:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
I heat up the ceramic diffuser with a torch lighter for a few seconds before I begin inhaling. I then inhale very gently and slowly with the lighter over the diffuser the entire time. I’m always able to inhale a full dose (25-30mg) in one inhalation (I avoid multiple tokes because I don’t like trying to smoke when I can’t tell which of the 3 pairs of hands I see belong to me!* Shocked )

Never, ever use a lighter that won’t turn off if dropped/released. Much too dangerous.

*This actually happened once.

This is certainly the way to use the vaporgenie. it does take a little practice, but once you get your technique down you can clear up to and maybe even more than 100mg.

And what ever you do, dont use a torch that doesnt turn off. I would imagine that that type of torch is a work torch and has a setting if needed for a constant flame, just dont turn it on.

Buster
#46 Posted : 4/10/2010 11:17:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have the exact lighter in the picture Madcapv2 is displaying its a turbo flame arc torch lighter.
i bought mine when i got my gvg, i have only smoked weed through it so far but i find this torch lighter
to be to hot,and "alot of the time it wont go totally out when the gas is let go".jst a heads up

peaceCool
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

Zig
#47 Posted : 6/7/2010 6:08:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently received a GVG. I have used it several times with varying results.

First of all I have a few shot glasses with different stuff in them. I have some 1:1 Jungle:mullein (Very powerful stuff) I have a bunch of DMT-oxide (obtained by evaporating naptha) I have pure spice (No parenthesizes notation needed =)) and i have some brown gooey jungle (I have yet to experiment with it).

I vaped the Jungle enhanced leaf with little effect the first time and I was very disappointed. A friend vaped about 40mg straight spice on top of a little mullein and he said it was good but definitely sub breakthrough. Another friend tried it and said he felt nothing.

Last night I went to vape some regular herb out of the VG just to try it out. I don't know why i didn't realize at the time that it was a bad idea to use herb and DMT in the same smoking device, but anyway I hit it a few times and realized that i was definitely on my way off the planet

I embraced the experience and suddenly i was filled with excitement. It was coming on, and quite fast. I have rather wimpy lungs for a variety of reasons so it takes me a few more hits then everybody else to really get out there, but i just kept hitting it, Hyperspace was calling and why am I to say no to HER.

I broke through like never before. It defied explanation. It was absolutely amazing...maybe i will write up a trip report, but now I'm still blown away by the experience. Definitely the strongest of 100+ trips

I was hoping somebody could give me a tip or 2. I believe i know how to use the VG, quite effectively, so why have I failed to launch on multiple occasions and then had the most intense breakthrough of my spice smoking career when i DIDN'T EVEN LOAD ANY SPICE INTO THE BOWL.

There was a wide variety of active alkaloads inside the fibers of the 7 screens of my VG bowl so its hard to say what exactly I was vaping. I just cant see a reason why the effect would be so much greater when vaping leftovers rather then a fully loaded bowl

rOm
#48 Posted : 6/7/2010 6:14:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How do look the leftover ? are they brown or not ?
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Zig
#49 Posted : 6/7/2010 6:28:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When vaping enhanced leaf, yes it is quite brown after, but I have only used the enhanced leaf twice in the VG, mostly I put some pure spice, or straight jungle in there. After vaping there is -nothing- left in the bowl, its empty. I have always assumed that it melted into the screens. The whole thing is baffling to me, the inconsistency.

Maybe my loading technique is flawed? is it better to put a bed of leaf AND a bunch of screens? Maybe I should try some regular DMT changa in the VG?

It just doesnt make sense to me that if i load a bunch of spice I get little effect, but once its already melted into the screens from multiple failed smoking attempts only then does it supply me with a full on breakthrough dose.

The Traveler
#50 Posted : 6/7/2010 6:47:35 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

When I use the GVG I always pre-melt the DMT into the mesh by heating it a little, because of this the spice spreads itself through the mesh ready too be vaporized en masse. Pleased

Then when I go for the real journey I heat the ceramic element with a torch lighter and slowly inhale, this always works for me.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

corpus callosum
#51 Posted : 6/7/2010 7:23:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

some weeks ago I had an exchange of views with the esteemed Nexian Endlessness regarding vaporisation techniques.Endlessness is a firm advocate of the GVG device and our exchange had me interested in checking out this device and its merits (or otherwise).I concluded its effective but there is a little inconsistency in the hit it delivered.Im sure with practise one could become very adept at using it.My own conclusion is solely a personal opinion but I maintain that smoking freebase off aluminium foil is cooler and much more consistent in delivering a breakthrough.

I know this opinion is not widely held here at the Nexus, particularly as some members have reservations regarding how physically hazardous this method may be.I am not seeking to force my opinion on anyone here but I personally have found this the smoothest most consistent method I have come across.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

gibran2
#52 Posted : 6/7/2010 7:44:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:
some weeks ago I had an exchange of views with the esteemed Nexian Endlessness regarding vaporisation techniques.Endlessness is a firm advocate of the GVG device and our exchange had me interested in checking out this device and its merits (or otherwise).I concluded its effective but there is a little inconsistency in the hit it delivered.Im sure with practise one could become very adept at using it.My own conclusion is solely a personal opinion but I maintain that smoking freebase off aluminium foil is cooler and much more consistent in delivering a breakthrough.

I know this opinion is not widely held here at the Nexus, particularly as some members have reservations regarding how physically hazardous this method may be.I am not seeking to force my opinion on anyone here but I personally have found this the smoothest most consistent method I have come across.

I’ve tried smoking DMT on aluminum foil after I read one of your other posts saying how great it is. (I’m not irrationally afraid of aluminum as some seem to be.) I have never inhaled vapors so harsh and unpleasant! I was very careful not to burn any, so it wasn’t harsh for that reason. Completely unsmokable.

On the other hand, vapors produced by pre-melting DMT onto a non-reactive metal mesh disc in a GVG are so smooth that it really feels like all I’m inhaling is warm air.

I can only comment on my personal experience – vaporizing off of aluminum foil is incredibly harsh and vaporizing with a GVG as described above (and by The Traveler) is smoother than smooth.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

SnozzleBerry
#53 Posted : 6/7/2010 8:04:08 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

gibran2 wrote:
I can only comment on my personal experience – vaporizing off of aluminum foil is incredibly harsh and vaporizing with a GVG as described above (and by The Traveler) is smoother than smooth.

Seconded...the first time I tried to smoke dmt it was with aluminum and failed miserably. I get nice smooth vapor every time using my glass 1cm-bulb pipe and my GVG, the bulb is a tad hotter, but that's cuz the glass is heated by the torch instead of a ceramic element. If foil is your go-to, I would advise adjusting your method, but ultimately, if you're happy with it, that's really all that matters.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

corpus callosum
#54 Posted : 6/7/2010 8:05:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Gibran2

I applaud you for giving it a try.I guess it really depends on how au fait one is with the technique.

This method is something Ive had alot of practise with and for me, its not a problem to vape the goodies and get it in with no harshness at all.My apprenticeship with the technique was served with papaver derivatives.

Was that your first attempt at this method?

Could I trouble you for a few details of how you went about it as it really isnt harsh at all if your heat source simply caresses the underside rather than heating it too hard.It never fails to surprise me how such little heat is required to zap it.

Your posts are excellent and you clearly know what works for you.It is simply my intention to highlight a method thats as good as any other if done right.

And apologies to all for deviating from the gist of the thread.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Zig
#55 Posted : 6/7/2010 8:56:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
When I use the GVG I always pre-melt the DMT into the mesh by heating it a little, because of this the spice spreads itself through the mesh ready too be vaporized en masse. Pleased

Then when I go for the real journey I heat the ceramic element with a torch lighter and slowly inhale, this always works for me.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Is the copper mesh substantially better then multiple screens?

I would be willing to give that strategy a try. How do you go about melting it? Just running the flame around the neck of the bowl like "The machine"?

gibran2
#56 Posted : 6/7/2010 9:42:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:
Gibran2

I applaud you for giving it a try.I guess it really depends on how au fait one is with the technique.

This method is something Ive had alot of practise with and for me, its not a problem to vape the goodies and get it in with no harshness at all.My apprenticeship with the technique was served with papaver derivatives.

Was that your first attempt at this method?

Could I trouble you for a few details of how you went about it as it really isnt harsh at all if your heat source simply caresses the underside rather than heating it too hard.It never fails to surprise me how such little heat is required to zap it.

Your posts are excellent and you clearly know what works for you.It is simply my intention to highlight a method thats as good as any other if done right.

And apologies to all for deviating from the gist of the thread.

I only tried this method once. It reminded me of the one time I tried to vaporize spice in a test tube: equally disappointing.

I made a “dimple” in a rectangle of aluminum foil to hold the spice, and an aluminum tube from which to inhale. I held the flame of an ordinary Bic lighter so that the top of the flame was about an inch from the foil. Foil in one hand, lighter in the other, and tube in mouth (could use 3 hands!)

The DMT quickly melted, and when it began to produce visible vapors, I inhaled them. Very harsh. I also wonder about how long it would take to vaporize a full dose. The risk of burning is significant with this method, so very gentle heat must be applied. With a GVG, I can vaporize a full dose in about 10 seconds. (This produces a very intense experience, even at relatively low dosages.)

@ Zig: I use copper mesh, some use stainless steel mesh. Use whatever you feel comfortable with. Mesh is much more effective than multiple screens. The surface area of a mesh disc is much greater than an equal volume of screens, so DMT is much less likely to run off. Also, as soon as the mesh reaches the right temperature, the DMT tends to vaporize all at once. This permits one to consume a full dose in a single quick inhalation.

To melt, I heat the mesh a little bit first, then sprinkle spice onto it. It melts right in.
gibran2 attached the following image(s):
screen1.1.jpg (34kb) downloaded 1,594 time(s).

corpus callosum
#57 Posted : 6/8/2010 5:20:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Gibran2

Your technique is basically right but if you can see a plume of fumes billowing then the heat source is too vigorous.A bic or zippo flame does the job better if its 2-3 inches away-it really does take such little heat.Also ,I agree, if you go straight from the crystal phase to fumes it does seem harsher than if you allow it to melt,wait say 45 seconds for the liquid to begin to solidify before very very gently reheating with your flame.This does not need to be applied and held under the liquid-gently bringing it 'to and fro' so that it rhytmically comes close to then away from the foil allows vaporisation without burning.

What I love about the Nexus is how the members are prepared to listen to a point of view that may differ from their own if the view expressed is coherently made-and they will correct the poster gently if they are clearly wrong.In years gone by, I ended up using this technique 4 or 5 times daily for a period of nearly 5 years (bad scene, the poppy)-I reckon if you do anything that regularly and for that long, you will become good at it.Its from that background that I maintain that it works very well indeed.

Zig
#58 Posted : 6/8/2010 1:59:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
[quote=corpus callosum]Gibran2
@ Zig: I use copper mesh, some use stainless steel mesh. Use whatever you feel comfortable with. Mesh is much more effective than multiple screens. The surface area of a mesh disc is much greater than an equal volume of screens, so DMT is much less likely to run off. Also, as soon as the mesh reaches the right temperature, the DMT tends to vaporize all at once. This permits one to consume a full dose in a single quick inhalation.

To melt, I heat the mesh a little bit first, then sprinkle spice onto it. It melts right in.

Sorry to be so uneducated on the subject, but I have just a few more questions.

You heat the mesh before putting it in the GVG? this would be detrimental for multiple launches, or in a group setting because reloading a flaming hot mesh would be next to impossible without letting it cool first. I dont know about everybody else but my GVG gets HOT.

I haven't done a ton of searching but i saw some stainless steel meshs online for 18+ dollars? surely this is not what everybody is talking about. Where do you suggest i find one, and what pourpose do they normally serve, outside of DMT vaporization?

Thank you so much for all the help, i really do appreciate it

gibran2
#59 Posted : 6/8/2010 2:41:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:
Gibran2

Your technique is basically right but if you can see a plume of fumes billowing then the heat source is too vigorous.A bic or zippo flame does the job better if its 2-3 inches away-it really does take such little heat.Also ,I agree, if you go straight from the crystal phase to fumes it does seem harsher than if you allow it to melt,wait say 45 seconds for the liquid to begin to solidify before very very gently reheating with your flame.This does not need to be applied and held under the liquid-gently bringing it 'to and fro' so that it rhytmically comes close to then away from the foil allows vaporisation without burning.

How long does it take to vaporize a full dose this way? It seems that if you are heating it so gently as to produce only transparent vapor rather than opaque white smoke that it would take a relatively long time to vaporize a full dose.

(I would also assume that inhalation of transparent vapor IS quite smooth and gentle. When I first tried my GVG, I was heating it very gently and didn’t think I was inhaling anything – couldn’t see or feel anything – and only realized it was working when I started to feel effects!)

gibran2
#60 Posted : 6/8/2010 2:46:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Zig wrote:
gibran2 wrote:
[quote=corpus callosum]Gibran2

Sorry to be so uneducated on the subject, but I have just a few more questions.

You heat the mesh before putting it in the GVG? this would be detrimental for multiple launches, or in a group setting because reloading a flaming hot mesh would be next to impossible without letting it cool first. I dont know about everybody else but my GVG gets HOT.

I haven't done a ton of searching but i saw some stainless steel meshs online for 18+ dollars? surely this is not what everybody is talking about. Where do you suggest i find one, and what pourpose do they normally serve, outside of DMT vaporization?

Thank you so much for all the help, i really do appreciate it

Oh no. You heat the mesh in the GVG. You need a torch lighter to do this, so that the flame can be directed downward toward the mesh. And then you carefully pour in the spice, trying to avoid contact with the glass sidewalls.

”Chore Boy” is a brand of stainless steel pot scrubber. They are not very expensive – only a few dollars for two if I remember correctly.

PREV12345NEXT»