CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Test Kit - Hofmann, inconclusive? Options

Psynatron
#1 Posted : 5/1/2019 7:45:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I decided to try testing some of the DMT I recently extracted. I used Erlich and Hofmann. Erlich quickly turned in to a nice pink color as it should. Hofmann kind of started of yellow/greenish and finally turned out "ugly" green. It should have turned light yellow. According to the test kit manual, as shown on the added picture green is 5-MeO-DMT. Can anyone explain this?
Psynatron attached the following image(s):
20190501_195458.jpg (2,216kb) downloaded 125 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MarduksHead
#2 Posted : 5/15/2019 10:24:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd say it looks nice a nice medium between DMT and 5-MeO-DMT..

What was your extraction method?

endlessness
#3 Posted : 5/15/2019 11:14:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT does turn green with hofmann, it just takes longer than 5-MeO. 5-MeO-DMT turns green fast.

You're fine !

What was the plant you extracted from?

Psynatron
#4 Posted : 5/18/2019 10:28:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replys! Smile

But shouldnt the color stay only yellow if its just DMT and not 5-MeO-DMT?
- I would say its a bit yellow the first 10 to 30 sec before it turns green.
- I recrystalized it twice after this picture. 1. I got rid of a little bit of plant gunk and second time I got some oil that I decided to keep and mix back in. When tested it still turned green but not near as dark.

I used MHRB, and an A/B tek with vinnegar, soda and naptha.

Also this will only be used for Analog Ayahuasca. I heard some stuff about oral consumption of 5-MeO-DMT with MAOI could be lethal? Should I be worried? Is it even possible to get 5-MeO-DMT from MHRB?? Im still a bit new here, so sorry if this is silly questions. Smile

I added a couple of photos.
1. Plant gunk seperated
2. Oil sperated (after a freeze)
Psynatron attached the following image(s):
20190502_005220.jpg (2,114kb) downloaded 65 time(s).
20190504_205058.jpg (2,269kb) downloaded 65 time(s).

endlessness
#5 Posted : 5/19/2019 11:43:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If it was extracted from MHRB, there is no chance there is any 5-MeO-DMT in there since it was never detected in that plant.

Also, yeah I am sure that DMT can turn greenish with PDMAB-TS (AKA hoffman reagent)

Here's a video comparing both (first with ehrlich then with hoffman reagent), it is made in TLC plate so not exactly the same but just so you get an idea of how they both change to green except 5-MeO-DMT is much darker/stronger change.

You shouldn't be worried at all, and neither should be worried about asking questions, we're happy if we can help, and we're glad people like you are doing their research before consuming these substances.

What dosage are you considering to consume in your analogue aya?

Good luck!

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 5/19/2019 7:00:30 PM

Comical egg spurt; Senile mumbler

Chemical expertSenior Member

Good question asking! +1

(Also your location Thumbs up )

Welcome to the Nexus
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be place under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality."
― Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Psynatron
#7 Posted : 5/21/2019 3:28:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I see.

Thanks alot!
As a person with no prior understanding of chemistry and english as a second language it has been a really hard and long journey trying to learn. Especially with all the strange words and abbreviations often used. Not to mention the lack of detailed (and newbie friendly) explanations in teks etc. I've come a long way, but there is still alot to learn and understand, so thank you for being nice and helpful. Smile

The dosage and MAOI will be handled by a "professional" trip sitter.
Last time I did it I got a small drink of what I think might have been syrian rue.
20 minutes later some lemon juice with the DMT in it.
a couple of hours later I redosed with a little more MAOI and then DMT again,
3. redose only DMT.

So i think it will be farely small doses, where I can decide how much further I wanna go.

Psynatron
#8 Posted : 5/21/2019 3:38:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Good question asking! +1

(Also your location Thumbs up )

Welcome to the Nexus

Thank you, glad to be here!

Nice to know there is some likeminded people around here! Smile