We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Clandestine chemistry book Options

Smoker root
#1 Posted : 4/29/2019 9:46:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi SWIM is going to write a clandestine novel, he is worried that he might get his ass swated. Is that posible? SWIM does not have anything in his houese that could incriminate him(eg: Meth destilation apparatus) Anyboody knows a lawayer good for this?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Th Entity
#2 Posted : 4/29/2019 10:23:07 AM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

The possibility of you getting raided depends on where you live.
When Shulgin wrote Pikhal (which he had to publish with his wife, because noone wanted to back then) he got the government puppets attention after they found his book in clandestine labs, and he got raided and later fined 25K i think, he had to pay the money and/or he had to give his DEA license or book license or something like that im not 100% sure, however the puppets said they didnt raid him because of Pihkal but because of his work in his lab in Lafayette, California. They cant raid and put you in jail because of writing a book, because that would be an attack against free speech and literature, even the puppets cant do this, however it depends on where you live and the level of corruption and interest. I'd bet in our times you'll be fine.

Smoker root
#3 Posted : 4/29/2019 10:55:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM lifes in Spain. There there is not many problem. Here we have a long lasting tradition of drug narcs, but we are quite virgin in the sense of clandestine chemistry. We are quite afraid of this. But no one has yet done a book like Fester in Spain, that is why SWIM wants to. Do you think consulting a lawayeer would be a good idea?

blue.magic
#4 Posted : 4/30/2019 1:54:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can publish anonymously as some authors do (e.g. "SWIM's Psychedelic Cookbook", "The Psilocybin Mushroom Bible"Pleased.

You can also self-publish electronically or get someone as a "cover". The person can sign a "non-disclosure agreement" and since there is no criminal activity behind your book, I don't think it's an issue. It depends on your country of course, so definitely consult a lawyer who specializes in copyright law and intellectial ownership and freedom of information (or however they call it).

I am currently writing a photo book about illicit drug manufacture (just finishing a chapter abou amphetamines now), so I also worry about anonymity a lot.

Smoker root
#5 Posted : 5/6/2019 12:22:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow I would defenetly want to read yours, thanks a lot SWIM is really thankfull of you annd says he will share it on this page

blue.magic
#6 Posted : 5/6/2019 10:04:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Smoker root wrote:
Wow I would defenetly want to read yours, thanks a lot SWIM is really thankfull of you annd says he will share it on this page

How much of your novel do you plan to share? If you plan to make it completely free, a kind of "public domain", then you don't need to hassle with lawyers and just share it on, say, BitTorrent network, or upload here.

I think the problem comes when you want to sell it.

I love sharing information and believe knowledge should be free, but my work is not a new knowledge, rather a well formatted and illustrated, entertaining "cookbook". It already took so much effort and pulled hair to compile everything I hesitate to share it for free. I will probably share portions electronically (HTML) - probably containing just extractions - and officially publish a printed version (paperback) - containing the syntheses as well.

Smoker root
#7 Posted : 5/6/2019 11:51:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just want to publish, maybe I publish somethings to tease you a bit. Anyway what is going to be included in your book? It would be nice to pass back and forth information to enrich both of our books