We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Synergies by receptor modulation. Options

dragonrider
#1 Posted : 4/28/2019 7:33:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A long time ago, i started a thread about synergistic effects i experienced, between some ergot-alkaloids, and 1P-LSD (the L-synergide thread).

At the time i didn't have any ideas on what kind of mechanism could have been behind these synergistic effects.
But i now believe that i have a good explanation for what i experienced at the time.

There are some ergot-alkaloids that can modulate the receptors that are being activated by LSD and other classic hallucinogens. Receptors can be modulated by these compounds, to be more or to be less "sensitive".

It is a very complex mechanism that is not very well-known, and for this reason there haven't been many experiments going on, with these kind of synergistic effects.

But it is possible that this type of modulation is also responsible for the synergy experienced between NMT and DMT.

The effects of receptor modulation can vary between very subtle or very powerfull.

It is a kind of synergy that can be as dramatic as the synergy between various MAOI's and DMT in pharmahuasca.

It can alter the effects of psychedelics dramatically and open up completely new dimensions of a psychedelic compound.

At the same time though, the effects are still somewhat unpredictable untill more experiments have been done. The effects can be extremely powerfull. Another question i have is, whether experimenting with receptor modulation is completely safe.

It is probably wise to be very carefull when combining substances like NMT and ergot-Alkaloids, with classic hallucinogens. And to look for the following things.

-do you experience a greater/longer lasting/faster build-up of tolerance, when you use a psychedelic in conjunction with a modulator (like NMT)?
-do you experience more or less physical effects when a modulator is being used? Especially vaso and bronchoconstriction are things to look out for.
-do you experience any aftereffects when modulators where used?

I will be growing some morning glories this year, so that i can do some more experiments myself by september/october, with fresh seeds.

Old morning glory seeds seem to have a negative, diminishing effect on LSD, while fresh seeds seem to have a positive, amplifying effect.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Th Entity
#2 Posted : 4/28/2019 11:03:33 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

I think you might find these 2 videos interesting:
The *NMT* Mystery!
Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Trip Report and information!

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 4/29/2019 10:00:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Th Entity wrote:
I think you might find these 2 videos interesting:
The *NMT* Mystery!
Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Trip Report and information!

Especially the video on NMT is interesting in relation to this subject.

I just realised that baeocystine and norbaeocystine are NMT analogues of psilocybin and psilocin. And just like with NMT, these substances do not seem to be very active by themselves. But most people who have taken shrooms that are high in these two compounds (like psilocybe azurescens) will say that the experiences they've had with them where of a significantly different nature than the experiences they've had with other psilocybe shrooms.

The modulating effects of NMT and NMT analogues are probably not as powerfull, or occurring on as many receptors, as the modulating effects of some of the ergot-alkaloids though.

It would be interesting if we would have a list of positive and negative allosteric modulators on the receptors, most significant for psychedelic effects. Especially 5-ht-2.