We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV353637
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

meino
#721 Posted : 9/5/2023 6:51:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Woolmer wrote:
I'm still having issues with this method. I have tried fitting so many different meshes, but they all just seem to burn way too hot.

Just so I understand correctly you also have a Solo 1? Have you found a solution?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

bIRD_
#722 Posted : 9/5/2023 7:50:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im having great success using power mode. i have some 100 mesh and use 24-26W. the temperature is controlled by how fast you drag. push the buton, start to drag at your own comfort. one hit all gone everytime. with thin mesh strips id try around 12-16W.

meino
#723 Posted : 9/6/2023 3:10:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I was able to source:
Aegis Solo 100W V1 (very lucky find)
Vandy Vape M RDA V1
Vandy Vape SS316L 150mesh (maybe to big?)

this should be a good setup, right?

pantostao
#724 Posted : 9/6/2023 9:05:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It should be a good setup. I'm waiting for my Aegis Solo V1 to arrive today, it was a lucky find as well Smile

I've been using that RDA (a knockoff, not the original) and the same mesh with a different (much worse) modbox, and It worked pretty well anyways.

pantostao
#725 Posted : 9/10/2023 10:41:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been trying and adjusting this thing, and at first it didn't work well. The TC mode used a way too low temperature no matter what.

The TC mode works by measuring tiny tiny resistance increments, so it needs a clean point of contact, both with the atomizer and with the mesh itself.

So I tried cleaning the contacts of the mod and the atomizer with alcohol, and trying again, and it works perfectly now. PERFECTLY.

200ºC (I'll try switching this around)
40W (could be way less, it uses around 17W during the toke)
TCR 105 (SS316)

meino
#726 Posted : 9/12/2023 1:39:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

may I ask you what modbox you using? Because it turned out the Solo 1 that I ordered was not in stock.

pantostao
#727 Posted : 9/12/2023 2:18:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm using the new Solo mk1 that I got last week, it was the last one in stock in the store Laughing. But, before this I was using a Vaporesso Swag 2, and I bet most mods will work. (I wouldn't particularly recommend this Vaporesso one)

In Wattage mode, they all will do the job at around 13-18W. Temperature Control mode is the one that requires a mod that does it well. While this is cool, of course, it's not necessary for a good (even perfect) e-mesh vaping experience, it's just an extra safety measure in order to never ever burn spice, but either way you probably won't burn it in wattage mode if set up correctly.

If you want the easiest solution, just get any mod with a 510 pin that's compatible with your RDA. It should be able to supply at least 30W of potency just to be absolutely sure, but less will do fine. The cheaper, the better, I don't think you're gonna get much of an improvement if you're only using wattage mode.

If you want to try TC mode too, then there are some mod recommendations in Minty Love's website, updated to June 2023.

meino
#728 Posted : 9/16/2023 12:22:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

luckily I was also able to obtain another Solo 1 (kinda pricy though)

What would be the cheapest good option for mesh?
is there anything on aliexpress?

Propello
#729 Posted : 10/5/2023 2:24:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

meino wrote:
luckily I was also able to obtain another Solo 1 (kinda pricy though)

What would be the cheapest good option for mesh?
is there anything on aliexpress?

The vandyvape 150 micron SS316 mesh rolls are pretty cheap all around. See Vandy Vape SS316L Mesh 150

The geekvape Solo mod is getting a bit old. I would recommend the Geekvape M100 Mod with built in battery at the moment. Should be easy to find.

Blessings

meino
#730 Posted : 10/28/2023 7:38:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hmm, I can not order the mesh right now. Will the SS Mesh that came with the vandy RDA work for one session?

meino
#731 Posted : 11/3/2023 6:27:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

what is a good affordable battery for it?

Homo Trypens
#732 Posted : 11/3/2023 10:21:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

meino wrote:
hmm, I can not order the mesh right now. Will the SS Mesh that came with the vandy RDA work for one session?

I think it should work for many sessions. If you manage to dial things in without "destroying" it

Propello
#733 Posted : 11/7/2023 1:06:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

meino wrote:

Depends how big the holes are (micron).
You want 100-150 micron to avoid the crystals falling through the holes.

Propello
#734 Posted : 11/7/2023 1:09:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

meino wrote:
what is a good affordable battery for it?

If you are buying battery for the geekvape solo, you want a recharbable 18650 battery without button and with a high amp rating.

LG, Samsung, Sony, Molicell all produce quality batteries. If you buy one from a vape shop, you should be safe.

Satyr604
#735 Posted : 11/11/2023 9:58:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone!

Long time reader, back from an even longer hiatus. Just went through this entire thread.

Thing is, I've been having a rough period in life and hadn't had the pleasure of ingesting spice or any other psychedelic in quite some time. It was, due to a very difficult set of external circumstances, just not the time.

I'm happy to report that after about six or seven years, I've been so lucky again to have the time, space and general amelioration in life that I worked on a nice extraction. Roughly 2g of fluffy, off-white crystals. 0.5g of it turned into changa, part of it will remain straight freebase.

I used to use a very jerry rigged version of The Machine back then. Reading about this method and already having a powerful modbox and batteries, I knew I had to try this.

I ordered a Wish-clone of a Wotofo Profile, a drip tip and some VandyVape stainless steel 200 mesh.

The whole setup looks like this:
-Vaporesso Gen S
-Profile RDA
-Vandyvape SS 200 mesh
-Driptip

Mod is set to:
-TCR-SS
-35w correction
-200 Celsius

The setup is not completely ideal since the slots in the Knock-Off-O Profile are slimmer than the already pretty slim VV Mesh. The gas tank of the rocket ship, so to speak, gets pretty tiny that way.

However. However however however.

That is mostly an issue for loading which, with a bit of care, is still very doable. It is definitely NOT a problem with the amount of spice you get to ingest! The amount I can fit on the mesh, especially with pre-melting at a 100 C, is plenty!

The experience is absolutely wonderful. The only taste I have is a slight aroma on the exhale. Not burnt, mind you, just mild spice-flavor. It is very efficient, no product wasted. It is easy as chips to pull off. No faffing with lighters or glassware. No dingy looking homemade contraptions.

I put about a 20mg dose on the mesh and pretty quickly I was gone for a moment. I don't mean 'gone' for a trip, I mean more like a general loss of consciousness through sheer astonishment.

What followed was a look at an incomprehensible machine of revolving, spinning and undulating geometric shapes in an enormous hallway made of those same shapes. The Jester too had a meeting planned with me, apparently. I did not see him. No, instead I felt his presence as the cheeky bugger wormed himself into my face and forced me to just smile until it hurt.

Coming to, I was crying, smiling, yawning, laughing. Amazing.

Utilizing the Direct E-Mesh method felt like stepping out of a donkey-drawn cart held together by duct-tape and sheer will, into a luxurious high-tech flying machine.

A massive thanks to users like Aum Shanti, Propello and Some One. Also to Minty Love and Adeptus Psychonautica. Either for developing the method, helping people out or spreading awareness about this revolutionary tek. Thumbs up

Satyr604
#736 Posted : 11/14/2023 12:00:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have dubbed my personal contraption as the Trippenheimer.

Today I've been experimenting some more. I tried a few times but unfortunately, without succes. I set it on TC-SS, 100 celsius to melt in the spice and 200 celsius to blast off. Even when there was quite a bit of material on the mesh, results were not as expected.

I saw a yellow condensation on the inside of my glass drip tip, so I figured it was getting 'stuck there' before the vapor could reach me. I foolishly took one of the short drip tips, you know, the ones that come standard with the RDA. Kids, don't do that. The taste was horrid and the vapor or maybe even smoke felt like it was stinging the inside of my mouth. I still feel tingling on the inside of my lips. All while having a (fortunately) mild trip. I was able to reach the sink and rinse my mouth, but the sink sure was doing funny stuff. It's clean, but while tripping, it looked very grimy. Not good.

I took the device to a dark room and sure enough, instead of keeping it nice and toasty for extended periods of time, the mesh flashed bright orange for a second and then no glow. It seemed like it was flash burning my DMT.

'Okay,' I thought. 'I've read about using power mode instead of temperature control. Let's give that a shot.' I looked up Mintylove's guide and set it to 17w.

17 watts, my friends, is definitely the key for this particular setup.

I loaded up a lot less spice than the previous attempts, but lord. I can safely say I broke through. Way through.

There was almost no build up. Just, inhale and gone in an instant.

And when I say gone, I mean all of it.

A friend of mine has asked me recently if he could try the DMT. I remembered that. But my entire concept of him was gone. My entire concept of self, of my girlfriend, it was all gone. It was like the outline that seperates entities, beings, persons.. It was gone and all of its contents were spilling over into eachother and blending into this maelstrom.

Visually, it was very intense. I saw what I could only describe as an alien city appearing. It wasn't really a city, but it's the closest thing I've got to compare it to. A grid of structures, organized. Lots of blue, purple and neon colors. Colors I can't remember. One of the structures kept getting larger and larger, until it became a giant spire with a sort of Buddha-like figure embedded in it.

After a while, all of it started folding in on itself, balling up and moving to the right with a mettalic, multi-colored sheen with lighting patterns. When it moved completely out of view, I was mostly back. Not completely baseline, but at least conscious of existence again.

I think it's safe to say a (relatively) small amount of DMT brought me to ego death. I was always a little scared of the concept, but having experienced it, it wasn't scary. It was confusing and bewildering but also peaceful, in a sense.

So uh, yeah. Lessons learned:

-Use a longer drip tip, always. Washing stinging DMT from your mouth while tripping isn't fun.
-17w is golden.
-The journey itself has given me a lot to think about.

Kmk6891
#737 Posted : 11/23/2023 5:44:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've still yet to dial in my E-mesh settings as of yet. Tried couple more attempts using TCR and Wattage mode... unfortunately I'm still just burning my spice, with little or no difference after lowering the temp. After those attempts, I ended up making some 1:1 ratio enhanced leaf "Electric Sheep" with great results. Will give the e-mesh another go next weekend and will focus more on trying to dial it in using wattage mode. [/quote]

Have you tried feathering the power button off and on fairly quick as to not let the mesh heat up so much? Not sure if this helps but it works for me and I only have 40. 60. 80 watts to choose from, no temp control or anything else.

The_Embalmer
#738 Posted : 1/13/2024 11:43:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is my set up with geekvape AEGIS X 200w using which is over kill but I love the display screen for it.
this thing has been working awesomely for me been using the 200 micron mesh from vandy vape.

The_Embalmer attached the following image(s):
20231217_193228.jpg (5,175kb) downloaded 34 time(s).
โ€œI must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.โ€

mongufru
#739 Posted : 1/20/2024 8:14:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am really struggling with direct mesh, I am getting a plastic burnt taste, even at 5W at 0.2ohm. I'm wondering if I just have bad spice because I don't understand how it can be burning at such a low setting.

Vape is also very harsh and I'm a long term vaper.

«PREV353637