DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV343536
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

blue_velvet
#701 Posted : 9/24/2021 3:03:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@Th3_tRuTh
Word. I went with the DNA60 based off of your posts about the 75. The custom profiles are sweet. In escribe, I set up a separate one for loading - lower wattage at 20w, 100 C (lowest the mod goes). Then, I just cycle down to the toke profile which is currently set to 186 C, 33w. Finally, I cycle to the wattage mode profile to clean the mesh.

I'm beginning to see that the temp setting was less relevant to me burning it before. I ran it at 168 C and still managed to burn it. Airflow, rate of intake (and by extension repeated firing/melting/buildup) - these seem to be my issues. Finally figured out the airflow adjustment on the Wotofo and got a good couple of clean tokes off a 17 mg dose. Intense sub-bt. After, I exposed the mesh, firing on what was left while blowing on it. It was burned. I get the impression there is a gradual buildup of burned bullshit between tokes that snowballs into acridity. Is this par for the course? Despite being a long-time member here, I'm actually not that experienced with DMT. I've taken it a few dozen times and never broke through, though I'm confident I'll be there soon. This method is truly remarkable.

Trippy glass for trippy people.

blue_velvet
#702 Posted : 9/24/2021 3:10:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Question: If my assumptions about airflow, rate of intake, etc. are true, would I benefit from using a higher temp? My settings are a bit lower than others here, but maybe a more assertive inhale with a higher temp will deliver it quicker without burning?

Th3_tRuTh
#703 Posted : 9/24/2021 1:57:32 PM

YĆ«gen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

blue_velvet wrote:
@Th3_tRuTh
Word. I went with the DNA60 based off of your posts about the 75. The custom profiles are sweet. In escribe, I set up a separate one for loading - lower wattage at 20w, 100 C (lowest the mod goes). Then, I just cycle down to the toke profile which is currently set to 186 C, 33w. Finally, I cycle to the wattage mode profile to clean the mesh.

I'm beginning to see that the temp setting was less relevant to me burning it before. I ran it at 168 C and still managed to burn it. Airflow, rate of intake (and by extension repeated firing/melting/buildup) - these seem to be my issues. Finally figured out the airflow adjustment on the Wotofo and got a good couple of clean tokes off a 17 mg dose. Intense sub-bt. After, I exposed the mesh, firing on what was left while blowing on it. It was burned. I get the impression there is a gradual buildup of burned bullshit between tokes that snowballs into acridity. Is this par for the course? Despite being a long-time member here, I'm actually not that experienced with DMT. I've taken it a few dozen times and never broke through, though I'm confident I'll be there soon. This method is truly remarkable.

Question: If my assumptions about airflow, rate of intake, etc. are true, would I benefit from using a higher temp? My settings are a bit lower than others here, but maybe a more assertive inhale with a higher temp will deliver it quicker without burning?

I clean the mesh after every journey by dry firing in high wattage mode. It would take quite a long time to build enough residue to impede temp regulation so long as you keep the mesh clean. Otherwise, yes all of those things can effect performance. However, if the temp control is working well, then it shouldn't matter so long as you are not breathing so irregularly that the power is going up and down too much. I would love to hear other input as well. I am no expert, and available hardware has changed since this method was discovered so I would love to hear from others who are working with these new devices.

some one
#704 Posted : 10/2/2021 2:24:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I'm beginning to see that the temp setting was less relevant to me burning it before. I ran it at 168 C and still managed to burn it. Airflow, rate of intake (and by extension repeated firing/melting/buildup) - these seem to be my issues. Finally figured out the airflow adjustment on the Wotofo and got a good couple of clean tokes off a 17 mg dose. Intense sub-bt.

Yes open airflow is a must. Best to keep the hole either 100% or no less than 75% open. If the vapor becomes too dense just inhale faster. The temp should stay the same on a good modbox but fresh air helps.

Quote:

You settings may be lower if you use a TC template (for SS) instead of manual TCR as your modbox manufacturer could have inserted a specific TCR in the template.

Quote:
After, I exposed the mesh, firing on what was left while blowing on it. It was burned. I get the impression there is a gradual buildup of burned bullshit between tokes that snowballs into acridity. Is this par for the course?

It's important the spice is pure. The more oily it it, the more non DMT is in it, the more the DMT gets trapped by other substances with higher boiling points, the less well the DMT vapes. For changa oily DMT actually works better due to a buffer effect. But for high precision vaping the oils are a disadvantage. Consider doing a clean-up on your spice.

some is one - here is some - there is one

Tony6Strings
#705 Posted : 10/2/2021 1:19:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know the general consensus is purified crystal for emesh. But... Has anyone tried this roa using acacia wax?
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Tony6Strings
#706 Posted : 10/2/2021 5:34:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ground scored this the other day. Am considering using the mod for emesh. It is Kangertech.
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
IMG_20211002_092327_HDR.jpg (2,555kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

some one
#707 Posted : 10/2/2021 5:41:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have one of those. Mine doesnt have temp control. If yours doesn't either you'll need to play around in Wattage mode. That should work fine though. Control the temp using inhalation speed. Faster is cooler. Let us know how it goes!
some is one - here is some - there is one

blue_velvet
#708 Posted : 10/4/2021 3:20:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:

You settings may be lower if you use a TC template (for SS) instead of manual TCR as your modbox manufacturer could have inserted a specific TCR in the template.

It's important the spice is pure.

The spice is pretty pure I think. Recrystallized, white. I upped my temp to 200C with the airflow at 50%. I'm using the default TCR setting, but with my current set-up it appears to be working alright if my last experience was any indication. Got down the better part of a 35 mg payload smoothly, no irritation. Could have got more in, but it got so intense and ontologically freaky I couldn't possibly focus on that task. However, I do find that poorly timing my first toke prevents the vapor action from occurring and may have something to do with the DNA chip. I think Th3_tRuTh had said they had to wait before inhaling. Adjusting the TCR and the ramp-up might smooth that out?

«PREV343536