We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2829303132NEXT»
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

Goombas69
#581 Posted : 10/27/2020 3:36:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Holly crap that seemed harder than it should have been. I almost gave up and resorted to wattage mode. I bought the 100 Grids Mesh Stainless Steel Woven Wire Cloth Screen Filter Sheet 12'' X 35" off eBay and wasn't sure what grade it was... now know it is SS304.

Long story-short, if you are getting the “Protected” message and no glow, bump up your TRC until you get enough glow. I still get the “Protected” message with my nice glow, but that is normal.

The guide lists TCR of 130-190 for SS304. I think the screen flashing protected distracted me on what I should be looking for when changing TCR.

Working set up...

Equipment:
Aegis Solo 100w
VV Mesh RDA 2
SS304 mesh sheets

Settings:
200C
reading .21 Ω
Max 60W
TRC 160

Question, I'm a vaping noob and DMT virgin and would like to get some practice in without blasting out of this Universe. Is there something else I can vape with this setup to perfect my method with theses settings? Maybe THC wax or something similar?

Thanks for all your help!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Squidfayce
#582 Posted : 10/28/2020 12:29:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Having some issues with my box mod. Been using it for a bit without problems, but now the temp reads low when it clearly isn't. E.g., it will sit at 26 when I've set it for 170, but is clearly glowing and much more than 26.

I can set this to 250 and see brighter glow, but the temp control still shown only 26.

I've played around with the wattage etc. I think something else is going on. I've cleaned it and changed my mesh, same problem.

Just want to make sure I'm getting the right temps and not burning the spice.

Anyone had this issue with their vape?

ithaca
#583 Posted : 10/28/2020 8:21:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Squidfayce wrote:
Having some issues with my box mod. Been using it for a bit without problems, but now the temp reads low when it clearly isn't. E.g., it will sit at 26 when I've set it for 170, but is clearly glowing and much more than 26.

I can set this to 250 and see brighter glow, but the temp control still shown only 26.

I've played around with the wattage etc. I think something else is going on. I've cleaned it and changed my mesh, same problem.

not sure exactly what you mean by the temp staying 26, but vapes don't actually know the temperature via a probe measuring the temp - they approximate it by making assumptions about the material (which often you can input) and the mesh/coil resistance it measures (which can change with temperature after use).

That said, the vapes I know show their approximation live while they ramp up if you are in temp control mode. If yours isn't doing that and it used to do that, my guess is it's bugging. You could try a firmware update or getting a new mod. Or you could ignore it, and if you calibrate to the soft glow in the dark level mentioned earlier in the thread successfully it shouldn't affect your results.

spicysloth
#584 Posted : 10/29/2020 2:57:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The Vapefly and VV mesh rda are sold out, and i'm getting sick of trying to find them week after week after week. Is the Wotofo x Mr.JustRight1 satisfactional? When you speak of more room to work with on rda's such as the vapefly, is that just in terms of getting the atomizer fitted with the mesh, or also beneficial to the loading process/use.

Squidfayce
#585 Posted : 10/29/2020 8:06:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ithaca wrote:
Squidfayce wrote:

not sure exactly what you mean by the temp staying 26, but vapes don't actually know the temperature via a probe measuring the temp - they approximate it by making assumptions about the material (which often you can input) and the mesh/coil resistance it measures (which can change with temperature after use).

That said, the vapes I know show their approximation live while they ramp up if you are in temp control mode. If yours isn't doing that and it used to do that, my guess is it's bugging. You could try a firmware update or getting a new mod. Or you could ignore it, and if you calibrate to the soft glow in the dark level mentioned earlier in the thread successfully it shouldn't affect your results.

The readout on the display stays 26 degrees while the mesh clearly ramps up to well above 26 degrees. The problem with this is that the temp protection doesn't kick in to throttle it.

Though I seem to have resolved it for now. I took the RDA right off and cleaned the bottom of it and the faceplate of the 510 mechanism and it all started working as desired. I don't know if this is coincidental given your explanation of how the temp is calculated, but I'll take it!

ithaca
#586 Posted : 10/30/2020 6:28:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

The readout on the display stays 26 degrees while the mesh clearly ramps up to well above 26 degrees. The problem with this is that the temp protection doesn't kick in to throttle it.

Though I seem to have resolved it for now. I took the RDA right off and cleaned the bottom of it and the faceplate of the 510 mechanism and it all started working as desired. I don't know if this is coincidental given your explanation of how the temp is calculated, but I'll take it!

ah got it, good point, didn't think about the throttle. glad you got it working!

ithaca
#587 Posted : 10/30/2020 6:31:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

spicysloth wrote:
The Vapefly and VV mesh rda are sold out, and i'm getting sick of trying to find them week after week after week. Is the Wotofo x Mr.JustRight1 satisfactional? When you speak of more room to work with on rda's such as the vapefly, is that just in terms of getting the atomizer fitted with the mesh, or also beneficial to the loading process/use.

it's both to some degree because the larger surface easier means easier to take more dose at once (surface area) and easier to load.

I'm not familiar with the tank you mentioned, but from pictures online, it looks like it would work.

PedroSanchez
#588 Posted : 10/31/2020 11:27:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Goombas69 wrote:

Question, I'm a vaping noob and DMT virgin and would like to get some practice in without blasting out of this Universe. Is there something else I can vape with this setup to perfect my method with theses settings? Maybe THC wax or something similar?

Thanks for all your help!

maybe just start with a few mg of DMT?

i am a vaping noob too and i have not yet tried the e-mesh method, but i have read that because it is far more effective you only need about 25mg to breakthrough, which i assume to be about the equivalent of my 50mg using the sandwich method.

sometimes i smoke 5-10mg using the sandwich method just for a nice little light trip and that is about the same trip level i would recommend to a DMT virgin who didnt want to breakthrough.

with all that information in mind i would probably estimate that around 2.5-5mg on an e-mesh should give you a nice little 'head-rushy' trip with mild and fun visuals and i would say it was probably impossible to breakthrough at that level.

safe travels <3

A05599
#589 Posted : 11/1/2020 2:01:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi there! Amazingly informative thread this is... Thumbs up

I've just recently started dipping my toes in the DMT journey... extracted my own from MHRB and am now trying to figure out how to properly smoke it Very happy

So now I was wondering if anyone got the Voopoo Drag 2 running satisfactory? I've been trying a few days now, following tips in this thread, and am about to just sell the thing and buy the GeekVape Aegis Solo.

My setup:
Wotofo Profile V1.5 Mesh RDA
Vandy Vape SS316L 150 mesh
Voopoo Drag 2 refresh
TC, SS preset says 1300, not sure what that means
Resistance is about 0.23, which seems about right
Because of the little room in the Wotofo Profile I only manage to fit about 2 to 2,5cm of mesh.

I'm struggling with the temperature control, it's either smoke but no effect or a very nasty burning fume. And my DMT keeps running from the mesh onto the RDA. I think this is because of a combination of incorrect temperature/temperature buildup, and a small surface area which is to saturated with DMT for it to vaporize properly.

I tried 35w at 180C to 200C but it makes my mesh burn bright like a lightbulb. Even had some flame like arches at the base...
When I use TC and dial wattage down to about 13 I get a faint glow but still noticed the mod gives a very hot spike first, then cools down and pulses to keep the set temperature (at least I think it does). Also it seems to start glowing hotter when I inhale for more than a few seconds.

Next thing I tried was manual temperature. I set it to 12watt and made the temperature run up from 160c to 200C in about a second. Also made a little dip in the mesh so the DMT keeps pooling towards the center. This way I seemed to got rid of the spike, but there is still a harsh/hot taste, no full evaporation and DMT seems to be dripping through the mesh.

I have some mesh sheets and a knockoff Vandy Vape Mesh RDA coming to experiment with but I'm starting to think TC for the Voopoo Drag 2 just isn't the optimal tool for vaporizing DMT.

I'm curious what your experiences and possible recommendations are...

Many thanks for all the amazing research and information! 🙏

spicysloth
#590 Posted : 11/3/2020 2:52:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

https://www.etsy.com/sho...9288604&page=1#items

reading through the forum, is there a benefit with going with a micron size smaller than 100? Is T316 functionally the same as 316L? Smile

spicysloth
#591 Posted : 11/4/2020 7:32:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

nevermind, I just finished the forum and saw that 50 micron is too course.

spicysloth
#592 Posted : 11/9/2020 6:49:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

sorry for being overly active/under contributing, but wow. I am shocked how small the width of this wotofo mesh rda is. It's a lot smaller than the close up shots made me feel...

ithaca
#593 Posted : 11/10/2020 3:25:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

spicysloth wrote:
sorry for being overly active/under contributing, but wow. I am shocked how small the width of this wotofo mesh rda is. It's a lot smaller than the close up shots made me feel...

yeah it's tricky, but once you get used to it, it works

PsychonautCX
#594 Posted : 11/15/2020 7:26:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been trying the mesh method you posted and I can’t quite seem to get it right. I am using the geek vape aegis mod, and a Wotofo profile 1.5 RDA. The mesh I’m using is Vandy Vape SS316L 0.43ohm 400 mesh.

I thought I had reached a good point with the settings set to:

TC-SS
180C
coil locked at 0.49
Watt 30
TCR 105
When I press the button the watts go way up to 25 (then I see protection on the screen) then drops to 5 then after like 8 seconds it settles around 12ish.

I thought I had it so I tried multiple hits with 15-20mg of spice but all I got were some muddy closed eye visuals, and a bit of a body feeling change. So I’m guessing it’s burning the spice.

Any advice on what I’m doing wrong?

I’d you’d like I can try to send video of my setup and what happens when I fire it up.
I tried to find the fitted sheets but didn’t have any luck. I could only find the rolls of mesh.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

fog
#595 Posted : 11/15/2020 7:45:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

PsychonautCX wrote:

I thought I had it so I tried multiple hits with 15-20mg of spice but all I got were some muddy closed eye visuals, and a bit of a body feeling change. So I’m guessing it’s burning the spice.

Have you tried the same batch of spice by other methods with more success? Depending on the purity and personal natural tolerance it's not so out of the ordinary to have that level of effects from 15-20mg.

thenabu
#596 Posted : 11/15/2020 11:05:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

PsychonautCX wrote:

I had the exact same experience yesterday with 20mg. The smoke was also a little bit harsh which makes me think it might burn the spice.

I followed the rule mentioned on the first page, meaning the mesh is slightly glowing red in a dark room.

According to Mr Minty Love who released a DMT Direct Emesh Vaping video, he mentions that the mesh should not be glowing (even slightly) so I'm a bit confused now:

Quote:

The original nexus article describes a mesh glow test, where the max wattage is determined by watching for a dim glow in a dark room. Please be aware that the mesh should definitely NOT glow, even dimly, during DMT vaping. Metals do not begin to glow until over 500degC, which is miles too hot. If in doubt do what I did - just set the temp to 200C, and the max wattage (if using mesh roll) to 35W (under normal toke, the wattage drawn on my box is about 14-16W to maintain 200C )so 35 should be more than enough for any normal toke strength . An unlisted video of the front panel of my mod box under different inhale strengths is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dedjf...

Egzoset
#597 Posted : 11/15/2020 12:02:52 PM

Vaporist of Borg

thenabu wrote:
PsychonautCX wrote:
...he mentions that the mesh should not be glowing (even slightly) so I'm a bit confused now...

That makes 2

PsychonautCX
#598 Posted : 11/15/2020 2:12:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fog wrote:
PsychonautCX wrote:

Have you tried the same batch of spice by other methods with more success? Depending on the purity and personal natural tolerance it's not so out of the ordinary to have that level of effects from 15-20mg.

No I haven’t, I don’t really have any other options currently available. I went in with the idea of this being my sole method. This stuff is white. Purportedly 99% pure. When I quickly tap the button it immediately dissolves. I feel like this tiny vandy vape mesh roll is so skinny that it can’t hold the dissolved spice. I got the 400 SS mesh with the idea being that the holes were so much smaller that it would prevent any dissolved spice from falling through. I hope I’m not doing this method a disservice by using the 400.

PsychonautCX
#599 Posted : 11/15/2020 2:53:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thenabu wrote:
[quote=PsychonautCX] I thought I had it so I tried multiple hits with 15-20mg of spice but all I got were some muddy closed eye visuals, and a bit of a body feeling change. So I’m guessing it’s burning the spice.

According to Mr Minty Love who released a DMT Direct Emesh Vaping video, he mentions that the mesh should not be glowing (even slightly) so I'm a bit confused now:

I have a feeling there is more to the science of this than red vs not red. My limited monkey brain tells me it’s something to do with the type of metal, it’s ohms(resistance), TSR, and the length of the mesh used. The original post mentions that the “mesh” should slightly glow red in a dark room” but does that mean the ENTIRE piece of mesh, or just the points were the mesh connects to the RDA?

My educated guess would be that it’s better to err on the side of caution. It’s better for it to be too cool than too hot. Too cool and it maybe doesn’t heat the spice enough for it all to vaporize, in which case you have to take another hit. To hot and you’ve burned and wasted your spice.

I think I will try to drop the temps lower to see what happens. I just wish I knew more about TDR.

Tony6Strings
#600 Posted : 11/15/2020 5:29:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Propello!! Have you used your emesh device to vape hash oil? I was thinking about this. I love my Evolve Plus XL for on the go discreet cannabis oil usage. However, a toke from the pen is not as effective as one from a rig with nail heated by torch. I was wondering if maybe the emesh device could get a little closer.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

«PREV2829303132NEXT»