We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Kash's a/b mescaline question on boiling Options

Tone42001
#1 Posted : 4/17/2019 11:20:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm really hoping somebody can answer this question for me I just completed my second mescaline extraction with fairly poor yields. Product was good and everything ended up fine other than the yield. I messed up on my selting and I believe that to be the main cause but I'm left with two questions that I can't seem to answer via the extraction Tek somebody please help. First question when I do the boils am I supposed to add citric acid to the water for each boil or just the initial boil? Also how crucial is it that the source material is dried? I boiled still wet cactus didn't get very much froth and I'm wondering if maybe that was my issue. I've done a plethora of DMT extractions but pretty new to cacti
" Loose your inhibition, follow your own ambition" - Dylan

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DansMaTete
#2 Posted : 4/17/2019 11:43:14 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Acid is no really needed and i use a dash of vinegar only for the first boil (i use a PC).

It doesn't have to be dry.

This tek is quite foolproof and when i had low yield it was cause the cactus material was dull. What kind of cactus do you use ?

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Tone42001
#3 Posted : 4/17/2019 2:29:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trichocereus bridg...

Thanks for help.
" Loose your inhibition, follow your own ambition" - Dylan

Cactus Man
#4 Posted : 4/20/2019 6:50:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Alkaloid content varies generally from .5-1.0% by dry weight but it could be even less then that in a weak sample.