We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Please Help with Chaliponga Extraction - Sticky Emulsion Options

Observant
#1 Posted : 12/25/2009 4:47:04 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

SWIM extracted 250g of chaliponga with ca4 litres of water .
Filtered/decanted until it looked like red wine , reduced to half a litre
and then basified with Sodium Carbonate .
He proceeded to pull with limonene and naphta - this is where things went wrong .

His whole non polar phase is a gooey dark brown emulsion , and he doesnt know what to do about it .
already added some more water , no use .

Any Idea -? He really didnt expect this to happen . Never seen this before .
Currently its just sitting around and he has no idea what to do about it .

Thanks.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 12/25/2009 5:37:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

When I extracted chaliponga I had to do numerous defats on it with naptha..I had the same red wine looking liquid..and I defatted that over and over..and I still had oily/waxy yellow sort of spice..but it was very potent.

Not sure what I would do about the emulsion..
Long live the unwoke.

Observant
#3 Posted : 12/25/2009 5:49:21 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

jeah , wanted to do an double A/B or such , so i thought defatting wouldnt matter .
What a pity ... Defatting isnt an option anymore . Maybe heating and then adding xylene will break this emulsion sludge apart . It looks very different than the stb emulsions .. kind of muddy foamy bubbly ....
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

69ron
#4 Posted : 12/25/2009 8:37:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try adding table salt, up to 10% of the liquid used. For example, for 100 ml of water, add 10 grams of salt. Sometimes this works very well.

The other thing that works very well is heat. Just make sure to use an electric burner. Bring it to just under the boiling point of the mixed solvents and let it sit for a while, like 30 minutes or more.

Another thing that also works sometimes is to filter it through cotton balls.

With a normal chaliponga A/B, many defats are essential to good results.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#5 Posted : 12/25/2009 8:42:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, sometimes adding ICE cubes to the liquid breaks down emulsions. So if the heat doesn't work, try ice.

Freezing is also a great way of breaking many emulsions.

Which trick works the best depends on the type of emulsion present. If the substance causing the emulsion is more soluble in water when heated, that can help break the emulsion. Sometimes that will make it worse, in which case cooling with ice cubes can help.

I think trying to manipulate the heat is the best starting option. Filter if that doesn’t work. Salting with table salt should be the last option to use because you can’t reverse it once you do it.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

antrocles
#6 Posted : 12/25/2009 11:24:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hope i can catch you on this thread ron.....i'm about to do a chali extraction myself and was wondering if there is a particular tried and true tek you would recommend...

what i have planned is an A/B- boiling the 1lb. of leaves in pH3.0 water x 3 boils....letting it decant over night, straining off the solid matter, defatting with D-LIMONENE a couple/three times or until i see no more fats to syphon off....then basifying and doing my pulls with naphtha...

sound about right? anything i'm forgetting or doing wrong?

observant, i'm pulling for you brother! the heating it up to get rid of the emulsions sounds like a winner....hope it works!!

thanks a ton you guys.

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

jamie
#7 Posted : 12/26/2009 12:00:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have never used limo for a defat but I had to do more like 8 defats with naptha to get the stuff looking clear enough for me to base and pull..Maybe I could have cut it down to like 4 or so though if I used more naptha for each defat.

When you do it it would be cool if you can post some pics of the final product..I am interested in trying a tek on chaliponga again as well.
Long live the unwoke.

antrocles
#8 Posted : 12/26/2009 9:44:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

on it. gonna take pics of each step on this one..... seems like there's a lot of curiosity regarding chali xtracts and not a lot of solid tek savvy to satisfy it..... think i'll get creative, let the spirit guide me with the little extract understanding i currently have and see what magic evolves....

i DO have a good feeling though... Pleased

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

flyboy
#9 Posted : 12/31/2009 4:14:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim spent two months and multiple extracts with chliponga last year and finally succeeded ... defat defat defat.... swim used xylene and had to do it many times per seving, but it was worth it, chali gives a slightly different experience.