We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
yellowness, harshness, and conversions Options

Mescalito
#1 Posted : 12/24/2009 10:29:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

so SWIM has a bunch of DMT extracted from mimosa with lye and naptha. The DMT is coming out white and yellow, and is easy enough to smoke/vape without trouble, but monday night I smoked ruffly 6 big hits in the space of 2 hours and SWIM's lungs have been aching BADLY since. There was no ammonia wash, but SWIM took care to ensure there was absolutely no lye and no naptha impurities in the finished product.
It was smoked in a standard glass pipe by resting the spice on parsley and using a lighter to vape the spice by hovering the flame close to but not smoking the spice (although mistakes did occour and SWIM did ignite the spice a few times) and then smoking the remaining contents of the bowl.

Someone on another forum mentioned something about a conversion using heptane to convert it to something less harsh.

i'm not an absolute chemical expert but I can understand and learn from teks, so does anyone know of a good tek that can point SWIM in the right direction, and also answer the following questions:

- How much of the finished product will SWIM lose from doing a heptane conversion?
- Will it really make it much less harsher to vape?
- Is it normal for my lungs to be aching this badly a few days after a big DMT session?
- do you SWIMs vape/smoke standard freebase or take the extraction tek further?
[img]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3631/smallsignature.jpg[/img]

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

elphologist1
#2 Posted : 12/24/2009 11:22:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How was the DMT extracted from the naptha - through freezing or letting the naptha evaporate? Crystals obtained through freezing are supposedly less harsh on the lungs.

elphologist

Mescalito
#3 Posted : 12/24/2009 11:49:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

the DMT was frozen in a very cold freezer and then the naptha was pipetted off and the remainder evaporated.

the crystal build up in the frozen naptha was around 50/50. very nice white crystals but a buildup at the bottom of yellow crystals. this was all mixed together during the evaporation resulting in a fluffy, slightly yellow powder.

From what I've heard the yellow stuff is most likely dmt-n-oxide, which i've heard is very harsh on the lungs. Since it has now been mixed together with the white crystals its going to be impossible to separate the good from the not-so-good so now SWIM is wondering wether a DMT-N-oxide>DMT conversion would be worth doing at all.

Either way I want to minimise the harshness as much as i can. my lungs haven't been in good shape for a while due to lots of weed smoking which i've now cut down a lot. Whenever I smoke a slightest big of a joint my throat and chesty start feeling shitty and I cough and flegm a lot...

psychosisdoses
#4 Posted : 12/25/2009 7:09:58 AM

Derek

okay heres whatcha do:

(premix solution of 2g sodium carbonate in 300ml warm water)
take your spice an dissolve in a minimal amount of warm naphtha say 50-100ml and add to sepp funnel
add 50ml wash solution (what you just mixed) to the funnel and swirl vigorously for a few mins drain the bottom layer and repeat 2-3 more times then do it 2-3 more times with plain warm water
drain you naphtha through a coffee filter filled with a small bit of epsom salt
then pour a bit more clean warm naphtha over the epsom to wash off any residue
(put naphtha in a dish cover with saran wrap and freeze in a COLD freezer) or.... put you naphtha in a dish and set in a place where there will be no vibrations and cover it partially with a coaster or something and let it alone for a week or so dont even look at it Smile check on it in a week and take the coaster off and let any residue evap

happy trails Smile
any questions ill do my best..
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

Mescalito
#5 Posted : 12/25/2009 11:41:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks dude, thats just a kind of answer i was looking for.

my only concern is - will SWIM lose much product through this method. Not that it's much of a problem, SWIM has always been a firm believer of quality over quantity

psychosisdoses
#6 Posted : 12/26/2009 12:05:59 AM

Derek

Mescalito wrote:
thanks dude, thats just a kind of answer i was looking for.

my only concern is - will SWIM lose much product through this method. Not that it's much of a problem, SWIM has always been a firm believer of quality over quantity

not a problem man

you wont lose anything that you want to smoke
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~

Mescalito
#7 Posted : 12/27/2009 2:54:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Few more quick questions...

- i'm guessing a separator funnel isn't essential and i can use plastic bottles siphoned off with turkey basters and pipettes same as in the extraction
- is there a special kind of epsom salt I should buy. obviously it has to be 100% pure. I'm seeing stuff labeled BP grade and stuff...
- where does the salt go? on the filter, and then i pour the naptha through the salt & filter?

BoyPony
#8 Posted : 12/27/2009 6:32:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PsychosisDosis-
Congrats on post #1,000!

Namaste-
-Boypony
Any experiences I or SWIM mention have happened only in my nightly dreams.

psychosisdoses
#9 Posted : 12/27/2009 11:32:16 AM

Derek

Mescalito wrote:
Few more quick questions...

- i'm guessing a separator funnel isn't essential and i can use plastic bottles siphoned off with turkey basters and pipettes same as in the extraction
- is there a special kind of epsom salt I should buy. obviously it has to be 100% pure. I'm seeing stuff labeled BP grade and stuff...
- where does the salt go? on the filter, and then i pour the naptha through the salt & filter?

a sepp funnel isnt essential but it makes things a hell of alot easier when your draining a bottom layer 6 times in one go
they can be gotten on ebay fairly cheap and are VERY worth having.. a 500ml would work perfect for what i described.

just get the normal epsom salt and avoided the scented rose petal shit

yes the salt goes on a filter over a beaker and you drain the naphtha through it

boypony- thanks man! i can hardly believe it.. post count just builds and builds Smile
my way of giving back.. the very least i can do for the website that saved my life