We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
bestine heptane instead of Npahtha vm&p Options

Hoobaleenyo
#1 Posted : 4/6/2019 6:08:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello myself is becoming a spiritual healer and new to the extraction process. Myself after much research has found that the naphtha vm&p nowadays is not pure and clean like it used to be years ago. Could myself instead of using Naphtha vm&p, use bestine solvent? It supposedly is 100% heptane. Was going to try nomans tek but using bestine instead of naphtha vm&p. Would that be fine or should myself still use naphtha vm&p. The only vm&p myself could find was crown,kleanstrip,or sunnyside. Any help would be great.
Our trueself and the Earth heals,
we keep looking to the sky when it's right under our feet

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Hoobaleenyo
#2 Posted : 4/6/2019 6:11:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hoobaleenyo wrote:
Hello myself is becoming a spiritual healer and new to the extraction process. Myself after much research has found that the naphtha vm&p nowadays is not pure and clean like it used to be years ago. Could myself instead of using Naphtha vm&p, use bestine solvent? It supposedly is 100% heptane. Was going to try nomans tek but using bestine instead of naphtha vm&p. Would that be fine or should myself still use naphtha vm&p. The only vm&p myself could find was crown,kleanstrip,or sunnyside. Any help would be great.

The monster who learns control,
He Becomes a hero

Th Entity
#3 Posted : 4/6/2019 10:04:21 AM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Hey!

Ofcourse you can use heptane for exctracting/pulling solvent but heptane is usually best used for re-x, however it will work perfectly, some even prefer heptane/hexane for extracting/pulling over naptha as its more selective than naptha, so usually you get purer DMT when using heptane/hexane than when using naptha, however when using heptane/hexane you will get lower yield (slightly less DMT/fats/oil) than when using naptha. But the difference is not drammatic.

Generally for extracting/pulling you would want to use aromatic solvent as it will take most if not all the desired alks (DMT) and then further refine the crude extract to obtain pure usable product with reasonable purity.

Heptane is great!

Cya
Thumbs up

Hoobaleenyo
#4 Posted : 4/6/2019 6:32:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=Th Entity]Hey!

Ofcourse you can use heptane for exctracting/pulling solvent but heptane is usually best used for re-x, however it will work perfectly, some even prefer heptane/hexane for extracting/pulling over naptha as its more selective than naptha, so usually you get purer DMT when using heptane/hexane than when using naptha, however when using heptane/hexane you will get lower yield (slightly less DMT/fats/oil) than when using naptha. But the difference is not drammatic.

Generally for extracting/pulling you would want to use aromatic solvent as it will take most if not all the desired alks (DMT) and then further refine the crude extract to obtain pure usable product with reasonable purity.

Heptane is great!

Cya
Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply brother!!

Myself like said before is becoming a spiritual healer. Money is not easy for me and my family being a healer. Myself does not have a lot of MHRB it was given to me, how much would myself loose compared to Naphtha? Myself has no way of finding anymore bark. was given mhrb and a confusa bark.

Th Entity
#5 Posted : 4/6/2019 7:57:49 PM

You wont have a significant loss/reduction in yield, if using heptane compared to naptha. A lot of people use Heptane for pulling/extracting solvent its alright, it works!

(My personal opinion here) Use Heptane, atleast you know what your working with, a lot of times you go to the grocery store looking for naptha and the label says one thing the MSDS other, i dont trust companies because they have one job and they are doing it great, to sell! So i've seen this with my eyes, i see a bottle of ""Pure Naptha"" at a grocery store and i google for its MSDS and it turns out its mostly pentane, which is not ideal to say the least.

Hoobaleenyo
#6 Posted : 4/7/2019 1:03:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Th Entity wrote:
You wont have a significant loss/reduction in yield, if using heptane compared to naptha. A lot of people use Heptane for pulling/extracting solvent its alright, it works!

(My personal opinion here) Use Heptane, atleast you know what your working with, a lot of times you go to the grocery store looking for naptha and the label says one thing the MSDS other, i dont trust companies because they have one job and they are doing it great, to sell! So i've seen this with my eyes, i see a bottle of ""Pure Naptha"" at a grocery store and i google for its MSDS and it turns out its mostly pentane, which is not ideal to say the least.

Myself was given 1000g of mhrb and 50g a confusa. Keep thinking about nomans tek, some people have had trouble with this. Do you think this is fairly easy for a first time extractor? Myself wants an easy way to do it but want it to work and be done correct. At least having the bestine myself can recrystal if need be. Should myself start out with smaller amounts just to learn? What woud you say is best for me to do?Thanks for helping me with my questions.

Hoobaleenyo
#7 Posted : 4/7/2019 1:33:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Would you say nomans tek or lazymans

PROCEDURE

Break up 400-500g of Mimosa hostilis root bark and put it in a mixing bowl. Make sure the bark only fills half the bowl.
Slowly add 200g of lye to 2-3L of water. NOTE: lye can cause chemical burns and should be treated with care. Neutralise any spills with vinegar. Wear gloves and safety glasses.
Add your lye solution into the mixing bowl with the root bark. Wait an hour.
Use your potato masher to stir and mash up your root bark for 20-30 minutes.
Pour 250ml of naptha into the bowl and mix for another 20-30 minutes.
Let the solvent separate out to the top of the mixture for a few minutes.
Pour the top, clear solvent layer off into your glass baking dish. Avoid getting any of the lower, dark layer in the dish.
Evaporate the solvent by blowing air from your fan across the baking dish.
The remaining powder is your smokeable DMT.

Is it really that easy to do? or was this really just for someone super lazy that doesn't care.

Th Entity
#8 Posted : 4/7/2019 10:00:10 AM

Yes start with small amounts - 50g RB the first few times (so you get familiar with the process)

I would advice you to choose between these teks:
A/B - Vovin's tek
STB - Noman's tek
STB-A/B Hybrid - Cyb's MAX ION tek or Cyb's Hybrid ATB "Salt" Tek

1050g RB is a lot.
Lets say your bark contains 1,5% n,n-DMT = 15,75g of n,n-DMT (out of the 1050g RB)
heavy/breakthrough dosage is about 50mg (properly vaporized)
thats about 300 breakthrough experiences (assuming everytime u have a session, you take 50mg)

If you are not familiar with basic chemistry, id say your better off with STB instead of A/B
especially since is MHRB.

Quote:
is it really that easy to do? or was this really just for someone super lazy that doesn't care.

Its not very difficult to extract n,n-DMT from plant material, its basic chemisty.
But it can be hard for someone who dont know the basics, it depends on what you want, really!
You have to choose whenever you want to go with A/B or STB its personal preference i cant tell you what to choose. Generally if you are not familiar with basic chemistry id say, go with STB.

This is a good place to start:
The Chemistry of Extraction
Art of Liquid-Liquid ext. The Basics

I suggest you pick a tek to follow from the ones i linked to you, they are well writen and are overall good teks. (they have pictures)

Samvidbuho
#9 Posted : 4/7/2019 2:33:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If doing the STB, you might want to wait a little more than an hour and a half between basifying and pulling with your naphtha. From all the things I've read over the years, a 12-24 hr soak in basic water is most common. Some teks will suggest waiting a week before finally pulling. That is a bit overkill, but you want to give your roots time to react with the base, and have the lye break down the plant material and cell walls in order to release the compounds you want to extract into solution.
If you don't have a scale to measure the lye or your starting bark, to see whether your mix is basic enough or not just look at the color: anything NOT dark purple-black is not ready to be pulled. For example, if it is tan, or light purple, or purple, keep adding more basified water! You won't over-add. If you add the naphtha too soon, you risk creating problems that will just give you a headache down the road :O

Lastly I'd recommend heating your naphtha before using it to pull the bark. Never heat the naphtha directly over a flame, always use a double burner or some kind of secondary containment.

Enjoy your extraction process and good luck!

Hoobaleenyo
#10 Posted : 4/7/2019 5:13:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Th Entity wrote:
Yes start with small amounts - 50g RB the first few times (so you get familiar with the process)

I would advice you to choose between these teks:
A/B - Vovin's tek
STB - Noman's tek
STB-A/B Hybrid - Cyb's MAX ION tek or Cyb's Hybrid ATB "Salt" Tek

1050g RB is a lot.
Lets say your bark contains 1,5% n,n-DMT = 15,75g of n,n-DMT (out of the 1050g RB)
heavy/breakthrough dosage is about 50mg (properly vaporized)
thats about 300 breakthrough experiences (assuming everytime u have a session, you take 50mg)

If you are not familiar with basic chemistry, id say your better off with STB instead of A/B
especially since is MHRB.

Quote:
is it really that easy to do? or was this really just for someone super lazy that doesn't care.

Its not very difficult to extract n,n-DMT from plant material, its basic chemisty.
But it can be hard for someone who dont know the basics, it depends on what you want, really!
You have to choose whenever you want to go with A/B or STB its personal preference i cant tell you what to choose. Generally if you are not familiar with basic chemistry id say, go with STB.

This is a good place to start:
The Chemistry of Extraction
Art of Liquid-Liquid ext. The Basics

I suggest you pick a tek to follow from the ones i linked to you, they are well writen and are overall good teks. (they have pictures)

Myself is not familiar with basic chemistry at all, Myself can obviously learn. It is used for healing and my journey. Myself just wants to be able to properly and safely extract so myself has healing medicine. Myself will probably go with Nomans tek but have a bunch of reading and research to do.

Th Entity
#11 Posted : 4/7/2019 8:04:44 PM

Good!

If you have any questions along the journey, ask whatever you need to be answeared that you cant find yourself the answear to.

Good Luck!
Thumbs up

Hoobaleenyo
#12 Posted : 4/7/2019 11:41:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Myself thanks you very much brother for helping me. Myself using the bestine, instead of Naptha, would you recommend still doing a re crystal(clean)?

Hoobaleenyo
#13 Posted : 4/8/2019 12:32:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Th Entity wrote:
Good!

If you have any questions along the journey, ask whatever you need to be answeared that you cant find yourself the answear to.

Good Luck!
Thumbs up

Myself was given a bunch of mhrb, but only 50 g of a confusa. Would Nomans tek be exaclty the same for aconfusa?

Hoobaleenyo
#14 Posted : 4/8/2019 7:24:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hoobaleenyo wrote:
Myself thanks you very much brother for helping me. Myself using the bestine, instead of Naptha, would you recommend still doing a re crystal(clean)?

Myself has fdc 99% lye, That stuff is not good to use is it?

Th Entity
#15 Posted : 4/8/2019 7:52:55 PM

YES, do a re-x, because you are working with ACRB and STB (intial extracts might be waxy/gooey) so doing a re-x will give you crystals. Use Heptane it will be the easiest for you: You work with ACRB and STB, and in this case if you use aromatic solvent or naphta + the fact that you dont understand basic chemistry and the process = sloppy work/technique and ye..you might get a lot of fats/oil if you use something that is not as selective as Heptane like naptha or aromatic solvent, stick with heptane.

Follow Noman's for both MHRB and ACRB its the same process.
If its just Lye (NaOH) (Sodium Hydroxide) its ok, dont use lye that has additives like: perfumes, colorants, etc.

Hoobaleenyo
#16 Posted : 4/8/2019 8:49:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Th Entity wrote:
YES, do a re-x, because you are working with ACRB and STB (intial extracts might be waxy/gooey) so doing a re-x will give you crystals. Use Heptane it will be the easiest for you: You work with ACRB and STB, and in this case if you use aromatic solvent or naphta + the fact that you dont understand basic chemistry and the process = sloppy work/technique and ye..you might get a lot of fats/oil if you use something that is not as selective as Heptane like naptha or aromatic solvent, stick with heptane.

Follow Noman's for both MHRB and ACRB its the same process.
If its just Lye (NaOH) (Sodium Hydroxide) its ok, dont use lye that has additives like: perfumes, colorants, etc.

factory direct chemicals
the bottle says- sodium hydroxide:
Weight: 90.0-100.5%

myself ordered it online, maybe should have ordered 100% food grade

Myself just has bestine(heptane) for solvent so will use that for pull and recrystal. Just unsure on the lye. Should myself return the FDC and get belle chem 100% food grade lye? Also have another question. Myself has been getting closer and closer to becoming a true spiritual healer. On my journey myself was given jar of 5 me0 from a friend. It was pinkish in color(the crystal powder) Myself didn't know it was supposed to be white or yellowish in color. Myself ended up trying it and myself had a breakthrough. Myself being a healer was prepared for the journey and had been on journeys like it before on earth mushrooms, of course they are different than each other but do the same thing, they reveal the truth. My breakthroughs are different than others and myself would like to discuss mine but it would attract attention, After reading up on it myself found it should not be pink but myself had already tried it. Should myself recrystal that also?

Hoobaleenyo
#17 Posted : 4/9/2019 8:51:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Th Entity wrote:
Good!

Good Luck!
Thumbs up

myself sent back the fdc lye, ended up getting 100% crystals from homehardware, home brand. is that fine? If it is going to be used for healing, it has to be the cleanest myself can find. Would Home 100% lye be good or should myself get 100% food grade lye from belle chem?

Th Entity
#18 Posted : 4/10/2019 6:54:07 AM

I bet even the previous one was alright, i bet this one is alright too, dont overthink things, however if you want to be sure put a picture here, or give me or check yourself the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) to see what exactly it contains or check the labels. To find the MSDS just type in Google: "brand, product name MSDS".

Hoobaleenyo
#19 Posted : 4/10/2019 7:50:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Th Entity wrote:
I bet even the previous one was alright, i bet this one is alright too, dont overthink things, however if you want to be sure put a picture here, or give me or check yourself the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) to see what exactly it contains or check the labels. To find the MSDS just type in Google: "brand, product name MSDS".

Myself knows to check the msds but can't find it for the home hardware lye. The FDC says 99% pure but the weight on the side and msds for that shows 90-100.5%. Myself returned that as there's just under 10% not listed. if you google home lye crystals home hardware and look at images you can see the picture. It says 100% lye crystals but myself can not find the msds on it. Myself has that and belle chem food grade 100% lye. It's for healing so myself would want it the cleanest as possible. For the a confusa, lots come up with goo and structure like that, is there a different way to extract so that it comes out in crystal form?

Hoobaleenyo
#20 Posted : 4/11/2019 9:28:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Th Entity wrote:
Good!

Good Luck!
Thumbs up

Does myself leave the jars in the freezer with lids on or off?

12NEXT