We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Stepping in Options

IceKnife
#1 Posted : 4/6/2019 12:32:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,
Very long time lurker, first post ever. Figured I'd give a little background and thoughts-

I've been interested in altered states for a while now. My main interest in psychedelics is to learn from them and to apply them to my standard life. I have learned many lessons from the Santos (mushrooms) and also from LSD. My biggest lesson so far has been the ability to see everything as new or strange. I can appreciate patterns and novelties in many things and the world has changed for me, especially visually.

Through plant work and meditation I've learned to observe myself from an impartial position and to correct some of my misconceptions.

I've recently noticed, in my last few experiences, that I was surrounded by people who looked to use these things to "blow off steam" and "get their minds off things". I respect that but I have left these sessions unsatisfied and I feel like it's getting more and more apparent that I need to do my next journeys either alone or with people who are of my same mindset. I think this community can help me do this more intelligently.

I want to start seriously working with DMT (probably in changa / pharma form) as well as cactus. If i find either one speaks to me in a more special way, I'd consider dedicating myself to working with that substance long term. I've tried both but haven't gone very deep. I eventually want to get to the point where I can be a source of knowledge and guidance for people I know who are searching for the same things I am.

I want to thank everyone already because these forums have been a great guide for me thus far, be it with plant extractions or with general theory. I look forward to directly interacting with everyone here and I wish everyone good travels.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Harmony ♥
#2 Posted : 4/11/2019 4:39:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey IceKnife, thanks for sharing a bit about yourself. Smile

My own journey has left me in a place similar to yourself, where my primary objective for using psychedelics as well as basically any other kind of substance I ingest has become to seek knowledge and perspective and integrate those things for the sake of self-improvement and greater enjoyment of life. If I could just say one thing in response to what you've proposed here, I think it likely that finding a better environment to trip in than around others who are mainly looking to "blow off steam" is likely to help you further down the path you wish to take, but would also suggest you not forget the value that psychedelics and other hallucinogens can still have for such purposes even if they are a goal you consider to be only secondary. After trying many dozens of different hallucinogens, most of which were specifically psychedelics, something I have learned is that only tripping for work is as unsatisfying as only tripping for fun; honestly, I think any time one tries to categorize the effects and benefits these substances have, they, innocently and unwittingly, limit its potential both to themselves and others by trying to define what is both "right" and "wrong" both with respect to that drug specifically and to tripping in general. Why not just enjoy the experience in whatever way feels most fitting in the moment without trying to build any sort of expectations or standards?

That being said, you should definitely try tripping alone if that's what you desire, regardless of what kind of people you would otherwise be tripping around and what sort of mindset about it they have. Why? Because you're not going to see what you truly are and want at the core if you don't. Tripping alone and tripping with others are almost nothing alike if you ask me, so much so that I barely even feel like I'm tripping at all around others anymore because the amount of internal content that can be faced and explored during an average solo trip is so much greater that it utterly dwarfs nearly anything that ever even comes close to emerging around nearly anyone else but only the people I feel the most incredibly attached to and comfortable around, and often not even then. Even when I am simply tripping to relax and enjoy myself, I almost exclusively prefer to trip alone these days for this reason, it really is just how I like to enjoy hallucinogens in general, but there are still some I would more gladly take around others due to them being more stimulating and less introspective or hallucinogenic compared to many others, such as 2C-I, and I still find those experiences very psychedelically rewarding as well.

I still consider myself to be in mid-journey as well so I won't say much more for now, but I wish you all the luck in the world with yours and very much hope that you achieve the goals that you have in mind!