We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mimosa stem bark brew or extract? Options

grollum
#1 Posted : 3/22/2019 12:57:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone here experience with making a brew or extract from Mimosa hostilis (or other types) stem bark? I read several times that this might work.

This info is from the Mimosa workspace thread:

Quote:
Stem (from mexico) - 0.03% DMT and 0.001% Serotonin (Meckes-Lozoya et al. 1990)
(from brazil) - 0.1-0.9% DMT (Gaujac et al 2012a)

Leaf - DMT, NMT, 2MTHBC, tryptophan - Not quantified. (Gardner et al 2012; Gardner pers comm)

Bark
A/B extract - DMT, NMT, 2MTHBC, Hordenine, unknown potentially 1,2-DMTHBC. - Not quantified (Gardner et al 2012; Gardner pers comm)
SPE extract - Same as above plus yuremamine and possible other yuremamine-like compounds. - Not quantified

This thread states between 0.03% - 0.9% in the stem.
This to me seems really promising. So I decided to ask you guys for personal experiences with the stem.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

grollum
#2 Posted : 3/24/2019 1:13:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Since Mimosa hostilis seems to be the most often used DMT containing plant outside the traditional context there must be someone who tried stem bark in a brew or extraction.
If the bark contains DMT I am asking myself in what age the plant bark contains it.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 3/25/2019 8:08:01 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It's worth doing a mini-extraction to see if there's anything in there first. If it turns out to be good, go for a normal-sized extraction, otherwise save the stem bark for treating burns and other skin ailments. This is the traditional use for the stem/trunk bark. It's known as tepescohuite (in Mexico, IIRC).

My one investigation of the trunk bark turned up very little in the way of alkaloids although it might be worth repeating, just to be sure.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

grollum
#4 Posted : 3/25/2019 9:06:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
It's worth doing a mini-extraction to see if there's anything in there first. If it turns out to be good, go for a normal-sized extraction, otherwise save the stem bark for treating burns and other skin ailments. This is the traditional use for the stem/trunk bark. It's known as tepescohuite (in Mexico, IIRC).

Good plan. How much do you think is a good amount of dried bark to get enough material for a test. How much dmt is needed that the reagent is reacting?

downwardsfromzero wrote:

My one investigation of the trunk bark turned up very little in the way of alkaloids although it might be worth repeating, just to be sure.

How old was your plant?

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 3/26/2019 12:54:30 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
How old was your plant?

I have no idea! I used commercial tepescohuite and it could have been bunk, junk or a total rip-off. Also, I recall fiddling around with some non-standard technique hence the need to do a re-test!

Quote:
How much do you think is a good amount of dried bark to get enough material for a test.

10 grams should be plenty, although if nothing but a smear shows up it might be worth re-testing with 20g if you have a bulk amount of material to work with.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli