We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
96 well Microtitration plate for re-xtal into repeat doses? Options

Crispycat
#1 Posted : 3/22/2019 2:09:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, this is my first post however i have been reading for months!! some very interesting topics here!

It seems that one of problems with dmt freebase could be getting repeatable dosage as most affordable scales are not accurate in the 0.001g scale of things so a 20mg dose may be as high as 25mg or low as 15mg depending on the temperament of the cheep scales

This got me thinking, so i would like to ask if it would be possible to re-xtal a dmt freebase at a measured amount, for example:
1g freebase to 50ml warm solvent, then using a 1ml (eye)dropper fill 50 cells of a 96well/Microtitration plate with the enriched solvent and precipitate/evaporate the solvent as preferred, hopefully leaving 50 cells each with an equal 20mg of crystal?

im hoping someone with a better grasp of the solubility and behaviour of dmt in solvent can tell me if this would work? and suggest improved ratios? improved technique?, also possible drawbacks like long term storage oxidisation?

Never trust a hyperfart!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

blue.magic
#2 Posted : 3/22/2019 3:07:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What you might be after is Volumetric liquid dosing. This is a simple technique for precisely dosing substances that are active in milligram or even microgram scales.

Exact volume can be measured with a micropipette or sometimes even a syringe would do. Micropipettes are excellent for the job as they have very small margin of error, especially for smaller volumes. I am not sure about the eye dropper, but it might work if you "calibrate" it and keep being consistent with the dropping. It's important to know precision and accuracy of your equipment if you really want consistent and repeatable dosage.