We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT fumarate cleaning question Options

ms_manic_minxx
#1 Posted : 12/21/2009 8:53:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a dream that I was trying to clean some pinkish DMT fumarate crystals, and decided to use the technique here for using water to remove excess fumaric acid.

12 mL tap-temperature, distilled h20 was added per gram of fumarate and severely agitated. Razz

A yellow layer of water formed on top, but with many salt/crystal/sand-like chunks at the bottom. Is this normal, or did they not dissolve properly? Is this correct, or is there something I should do to correct this? No technique seemed to give a detailed description of what to expect or what to avoid (or to stop overthinking so much Razz ).

Also, if not all the excess fumaric acid is washed at this point, will this be harmful in any way?

Any general thoughts/feedback/suggestions? Thank you. Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

antrocles
#2 Posted : 12/21/2009 9:42:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SADLY, i don't have any answers on the matter for you....but i will piggy-back this querry of yours in the hopes that when jorkest, acolon_5, 69ron, infundibulum, burnt,psychosisdoses, et al finally make it here they can give us a nice broad enlightening on this whole fumarate process.

....you see...i just did my first fumarate extraction...

i used hot d-limonene and pulled from a pretty exhausted (or so i though) basified soup. 2 x 400ml....let it sit for 5 days, shaking vigorously every day for every bit of spice to crash out. in the end i'm looking at almost 2 grams of lemony-fresh fumarate crystals (a very pale yellow color).

NOW- aside from absolutely wanting to know the answer to mmm's question about cleaning excess fumaric acid off, i would also like to know what i should do with this 800-ish ml of FASI-saturated d-Limo? is there any way i can "clean" it to be reused or, at the very least, reused to clean my home? i absolutely refuse to think that i have to throw this out....

come on my well-chemistry-endowed friends- give my sister and i a fumarate schooling!

MUCH LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 12/21/2009 10:03:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

most likely those crystals that didnt dissolve is fumaric acid..but who knows!

a good way to clean dmt fumarate is with either acetone, water, or boil some 99% IPA and dissolve your dmt fumarate into it..and then stick it in the fridge for two days...personally i would then evap the IPA just to get any remaining dmt out and do whatever you can to clean out the excess fumaric acid

also antrocles what you can do...is...add water to you dlimo FASI mix....the fumaric acid and IPA will go into the water..i would do this a few times just to make sure
it's a sound

ms_manic_minxx
#4 Posted : 12/22/2009 1:52:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Took a nap tonight and dreamed more about Nexus. =) After doing the mysterious sandy chunky crystal separation and evapping, I was left with a white powder that was much lighter in color than the initial fumaric acid-laden stuff. This is supposedly DMT fumarate with the excess fumaric acid removed. It weighed ~.9g, which came from two limo pulls off 100g very high vibe bark.

So... that would be a little less than 1% yield, right?

There will be no way to know for sure until everything is carried to completion... I will save the sandy mystery chunks in case there is suspiciously little product at the end.

The weight of everything before removing the fumaric acid was roughly the weight of the total fumaric acid used + hypothetical yield... so... I'm not the best at math, but I think that makes sense, so far. Cool

Is fumaric acid dangerous or unpleasant in any way? It was cleaned twice, and the method I read said the solubility differences makes a second cleaning with water quite unnecessary.

Thanks again, everyone!! Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Daedelus1232
#5 Posted : 12/26/2009 8:21:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Technically the yield will be somewhat lower then .9% as 33% of that is the fumarate base. So a yield of .6% which isn't fantastic, but isn't bad. SWIM has been experimenting with fumaric acid but precipitates a very red powder, but cannot work out how to remove the red pigment. It seems to be soluble in methanol, water and acetone, but then so does the dmt-fumarate. Xylene would be good to try, SWIM will give it a go at some point. This could be seen as a good way of making pharma.

ThirdEyeVision
#6 Posted : 12/28/2009 5:54:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What my frend does to clean out excesive fumaric acid:
1) Put roughly 1g. DMT Fumarate with the excsesive Fumarc Acid in a small beaker.
2) Add roughly 12ml. water to beaker.
3) Stir the piss out of it. My friend has a hand mixer bit the just hapened to fit into beaker perfectly so he twists it between his fingers in the beaker for about 5 minutes.
4) Let decant for about an hour. The water on top at this point is typically orange and powder at bottom white.
5) Put half cotton ball into small filter.
6) Pour decanted liquid through filter onto evap dish trying to keep fumaric acid in bottom of beaker.
7) Put evap tray into dehydrator.
Cool Scrape up and enjoy.

The powder at the bottom of the beaker is the non converted Fumarc Acid. It should be food grade so it's not harmfull in any way; it taste like citrus. The reason it's cleaned is there is no way to tell how much excesive Fumaric Acid is in it so it is immpossible to dose accuratly. My friend saves the fumaric acid for future extractions.

ThirdEyeVision
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight