We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help with Acetone Citrate Bufotenine Precipitation Tech Options

rawmo
#1 Posted : 12/20/2009 11:24:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there,

I'm just wondering if i can get some advice off someone with more experience in bufotenine extraction?

this is the tek I have been using Acetone Citrate Bufotenine Precipitation Tech [below],
and i seem to be having trouble on the last few stages [8 to 11]

1 - Coarsely grind 10 grams of Vilca seeds.
2 - Add 1 part pickling lime (calcium hydroxide) and mix in enough water to make it wet. NOTE: sodium carbonate works as a substitute for lime in all steps of this extraction tech.
3 - Mix for about 10 minutes and let it dry completely. There must not be any water present at all before going to the next step.
4 - Dissolve the mix in 50 ml of dry acetone. Filter out the solids. Repeat with more acetone until the acetone is nearly clear.
5 - Evaporate the acetone down to about 10 ml.
6 - Add 10% citric acid solution to the acetone until no more precipitation is seen. It will take about 3 ml of 10% citric acid solution for 10 grams of seeds. NOTE: to make the citric acid solution, dissolve 1 gram of citric acid in 10 ml of dry acetone. It will take a while for the citric acid to dissolve in the acetone, so prepare this solution several hours ahead of time.
7 - Carefully pour out the acetone leaving behind the precipitates. Discard the acetone.
8 - Dry the precipitates completely leaving crude bufotenine citrate and other junk. Bufotenine citrate is a goo and not very active. You don’t want it in this form.
9 - Slowly mix in lime until the goo becomes a dry powder. Then add water to make the mix wet and mix for about 10 minutes and let the mix dry completely. There must not be any water present at all before going to the next step.
10 - Grind the mix to a powder. Dissolve in 10 ml acetone and filter out the solids. Repeat with more acetone until the acetone is nearly clear.
11 - Evaporate the collected acetone to get nearly pure freebase bufotenine.

the precipitate from step 7 once the acetone evaporates turns gooey black [for step 8].
9] I added an equal amount of sodium carbonate, mixed, wet to a paste/slurry with water, left for 15-20mins and then dry it out [in the oven at ~80-100 degrees C] (takes ~ 20 mins).
10] I ground the mix up [it's a dark brown], added acetone, mixed for 5 mins, poured off and stored the browny acetone (filtering out the solids) 3 times.
11] I evaporated the acetone in a dish.
However, there were no crystals, only a fine brown powder at the bottom, more like material / dust that had passed through the filter.

Any pointers on what i may have done wrong or how to get some results would be very much appreciated. : )

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!