We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
about brewing aya with only banisteriopsis muricata Options

javat
#1 Posted : 3/14/2019 3:25:24 PM

ufa yage chiga ña

Heard that banisteriopsis muricata has dmt amounts in the leaves but it has never been proven if it is true or I would not like to try it with a kilogram of leaves collected from the area where I live I am from the city of bucaramanga in Colombia I am in a forest that dry Where can I find banisteriopsis muricata vines to be able to cook them for it I use water in a 34 liter pot to take the water reduce use as an acidifier lemon juice a little white vinegar and reduce it to about 6 ounces or 250 ML to divide into two portions if there is someone who has experience banisteriopsis muricata can tell me And to have an idea more or less how I can handle it.
javat attached the following image(s):
20190311_082353.jpg (3,020kb) downloaded 68 time(s).
AYAHUASQUERO DE CORAZON

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

sarek
#2 Posted : 3/14/2019 4:20:22 PM

The world is hollow and I have touched the sky

I have never heard that B. Muricata leaves (or any parts) contain DMT, and I suspect that to be unlikely. Do you have a source of where you heard this? Maybe you are mistaking harmala alkaloids for DMT?

I know that B. Muricata vine can be used much the same way as B. Caapi vine, and is considered quite potent by some, but pretty underwhelming by others, though I have never used it myself.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 3/14/2019 8:57:16 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Tracing this back a bit:

https://www.reddit.com/r...banisteriopsis_muricata/ - repeats claim
https://herbalistics.com...eriopsis-muricata-plant/ - references Rätsch (1998)
https://drugs-forum.com/...advantages-of-each.8680/ - references Ott (1994)

Ott (1994) p.38 references Ghosal (1972), Ghosal & Mazumder (1971) and Ghosal et al. (1971c.), which are the following:

Ghosal, S. 1971. "Occurrence of some psychodelic [sic] substances in some Indian medicinal plants" Planta Medica 21 (2): 200-209.

Ghosal, S. and U.K. Mazumder 1971. "Malpighiaceae: Alkaloids of the leaves of Banistereopsis [sic] argentea" Phytochemistry 10: 2840-2841. [Banisteriopsis argentea is a synonym for B. muricata]

Ghosal, S. et al 1971c. "Chemical and pharmacological evaluation of Banistereopsis [sic] argentea Spring ex Juss" Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 60(8): 1209-1212.

Amounts of DMT recovered were small, around 0.003% (yes, that's 0.003%), with the total amount of alkaloids being a rather meagre 0.02%. So, those who are finding B. muricata to be something special have got better specimens or a difference species altogether than that tested by Ghosal and colleagues, unless Ghosal's extraction methods left something to be desired.

If working with this plant, it would seem necessary to be wary of variations between separate specimens as well as effects from location and the exact conditions of harvesting.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

javat
#4 Posted : 3/14/2019 9:25:58 PM

ufa yage chiga ña

https://www.reddit.com/r...ts_with_dmt_in_the_leaf/

here explains the detection of nn dmt in b. muricata .
here in colombia is native
so i think that i can use if i collect and cook a 1 kilo of leaves
of course the concentration of harmala alkaloids be more that nndmt .
AYAHUASQUERO DE CORAZON

javat
#5 Posted : 3/14/2019 9:28:07 PM

ufa yage chiga ña

AYAHUASQUERO DE CORAZON