We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How do you know if you’re ready? Options

Bigchungus
#1 Posted : 3/13/2019 9:25:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey fellas,

So I tried DMT for the first time ( Changa + Bong, worked great) I managed about two hits before I lost all grasp on reality and felt like someone threw a grenade into my skull. I was honestly unprepared at the intensity of repressed, unconscious contents that just threw themselves at me. At the moment I thought, “how could anyone do this?”, the boundaries between things, all things became undone, between object and subject, color and form, past present, and all swirled around in some chaotic whirlwind. For a generally conservative, person who puts things in boxes it was too much, too unexpected, painful and frightening. My soul felt like it was being torn out of my body. I almost threw up.

If the personal unconscious is so frightening what am I to expect from the further reaches? I’m not a person who’s brave or forthcoming with my problems and I think my DMT experience demanded this of me, more clearly than ever I was given the option to brave the experience or to be burnt by it. That was the feeling I was left with, “am I brave enough?”, “ do I really want to do this?”, “do I have it in me?” Im not sure how to answer these questions. I took DMT because I wanted answers and I wanted healing and I don’t know if that’s what I’m going to get, or if I’m just going to get burnt.

How do you know if you’re prepared to take the journey?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jees
#2 Posted : 3/13/2019 10:20:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes it will be devastating and one cannot be prepared.
The only way for me is, to go in total warrior style, knowing to be ripped apart and all of your fear buttons pushed relentlessly. Then it occurs to be more gentle on occasions but don't count on that! Expect the worst, and beyond, and feel up for that job. The dying of the ego is no fun at all. It's excruciating. But then I know that all of that terror can implode under it's own gravity into nothing. Then you've reached some level. Don't count on that either.
What helps is reading each others take on it, and find consolation in that.
It is not suited to everyone, it's not for anybody.
Never expect finding answers, you'll get 1000 more questions, the only way for me to deal with that is having no problems with having questions.

Why you should NOT take DMT
PREFLIGHT ANXIETY & RAW FEAR

Vaping is the most sudden act, there are slowing down agents = harmalas.
Changa, pharmahuasca, plugging+maoi, these things take the pace down.

Don't be afraid of being afraid, it's just that.
Then, why doing it?
For me, one of the reasons is: I take my warrior lessons into real life, it looks more simple then.

Love

sarek
#3 Posted : 3/13/2019 10:25:46 PM

The world is hollow and I have touched the sky

Hey friend,

I don't think that "being prepared" is such an easy thing to describe. Even among people who have had many trips, we still get anxious and nervous before doing it.

To do Work with DMT requires consistently going to the outer edge of what you're comfortable with, in my experience, because your discomfort (which might seem to be a lack of preparedness) is exactly what needs to be Worked on. All the unconscious contents that came up to you could very well be things that are causing tensions in your Self. So maybe the parts of you that are hard to get into place, in order to make yourself "prepared", are exactly the things that you can use DMT to help you with. But DMT can only show them to you, not fix them.

So maybe your Work has now begun. "Am I brave enough? Do I really want this? Do I have it in me?", these are things that are worth your contemplation, and maybe the DMT wanted you to devote some attention and intention to it. I would also add the question "Why do I want to do this?". It's very common for many people (myself included), for the first taste of the experience resulting in a clamoring for my sober mind back, so I could re-evaluate why I'm really doing this.

The DMT experience varies widely, and I mean really widely. You can have hundreds of experience with no two being the same. But almost every experience you have (if you go into it the right way), will give you something about yourself to chew on for a while.

And of course, the timeless answer that you will always receive, is "just let go". It's much easier for some than others. It took me a lot of work to get to that point, so don't beat yourself up for it being difficult. But in time, you'll find that the things that are preventing you from letting go are the very things that we can use these tools to sort out. Just be patient, and really spend time thinking about things, and when you've made up your mind, just go for it. And finding the right dose and getting your technique down will certainly ease the process in time.

FranLover
#4 Posted : 3/14/2019 5:19:29 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

You can not be prepared for the unkown.
"This makes no sense!!" You will say.
And the trip will reply "Thats the whole point!!"
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Chimera
#5 Posted : 3/14/2019 5:28:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting and good question and answers. Will be my first time this Sunday, so this is a nice thread to read before I go Thumbs up

DmnStr8
#6 Posted : 3/14/2019 5:32:59 PM

Come what may

Bigchungus wrote:
I took DMT because I wanted answers and I wanted healing and I don’t know if that’s what I’m going to get, or if I’m just going to get burnt.

How do you know if you’re prepared to take the journey?

How would you get burnt? How would you be healed? How would you get answers?

Define all of this and I think you might find some clarity. Where is it exactly that you want to be or get to? Sooner or later I think you will find the grass is not greener on the other side. Sometimes you just have to accept where you are enable to really begin to see answers and healing. If you find yourself scorched and burnt.. it is because you could not accept what is right in front of you.

How do you know if you're prepared to take the journey?

Are you prepared to die? If so, how? What is it? Can you explain how to prepare to die? To no longer exist. DMT and death will wipe away everything. How do you feel about that? It comes around full circle in that when you enter into that space, you have to accept it, otherwise you will struggle and create hell in your own mind. Accept it and something else comes in. Don't be afraid of that something else. It is another form of you. You will never see it until that ego thing is out of the way.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Exitwound
#7 Posted : 3/14/2019 6:10:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
Yes it will be devastating and one cannot be prepared.
The only way for me is, to go in total warrior style, knowing to be ripped apart and all of your fear buttons pushed relentlessly. Then it occurs to be more gentle on occasions but don't count on that! Expect the worst, and beyond, and feel up for that job. The dying of the ego is no fun at all. It's excruciating. But then I know that all of that terror can implode under it's own gravity into nothing. Then you've reached some level. Don't count on that either.
What helps is reading each others take on it, and find consolation in that.
It is not suited to everyone, it's not for anybody.
Never expect finding answers, you'll get 1000 more questions, the only way for me to deal with that is having no problems with having questions.

Why you should NOT take DMT
PREFLIGHT ANXIETY & RAW FEAR

Vaping is the most sudden act, there are slowing down agents = harmalas.
Changa, pharmahuasca, plugging+maoi, these things take the pace down.

Don't be afraid of being afraid, it's just that.
Then, why doing it?
For me, one of the reasons is: I take my warrior lessons into real life, it looks more simple then.

Love

Add this as a template or auto reply to first posts Smile

AcaciaConfusedYah
#8 Posted : 3/14/2019 8:36:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I'm under the impression that we were born, biologically, ready. The receptors are there from the start. That being said: kids probably should not take DMT!!!

I only mean to say: the body was born ready. It's just waiting on the mind. How long is the wait? Answer: however long you want to wait. Maybe that is your entire lifetime; and that's ok. There will be millions of people who will never have a DMT experience in their entire (mortal?) life. Others will have many.

There are no obligations or rules. You're ready when........ you choose to be ready. (If you choose to proceed.) Smile

As far as being burnt - the Phoenix rises from the ashes after being engulfed in flames.

Take care,
ACY

Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Elrik
#9 Posted : 3/14/2019 9:09:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the whole point of smoked DMT is going up to intense in seconds. Its such a dramatic shift in consciousness that few people could ever not find it daunting.
I never have got used to smoking DMT when sober because, like the OP, I like things organized and systematized and understood and going straight into hyperspace from that is too much of a shock so I take DMT or mescaline orally then dose more harmalas 1 hour before the peak and smoke DMT at the peak. Even then its daunting. A few days ago I was peaking on a strong dose of mescaline, THH, and harmine and when I hit the DMT pipe it was like I ran face first into a wall and was shoved through the wall into an alien world and for a moment I got that familiar "oh my god, what did I just do!?! maybe I shouldn't do that again"
Of course, I did it again 10 minutes later Razz
If the shocking intensity of smoked DMT isn't for you, perhaps oral is the way to go. Or, like me, you could use oral DMT to prepare you for smoked.

Any time I'm about to take psychedelics I ask myself "Am I ready for this?" and once I swallow or inhale I just trust myself that I was right, no matter how wild it gets.