We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Are topical opiates adictive and a risk for withdrawl and unwanted psychoactive effects? Options

AwesomeUsername
#1 Posted : 3/11/2019 8:35:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lately I've been working my ass off and ended up with lots of cuts, bruises and even carpal tunel syndrome. The treatment I got didn't prove to be effective enough since the apointment I got to find out if I have to undergo a surgery is due in a month. By that time, all I can do is swallow paracetamol and put voltaren cream on... my condition could get way more worse by that time, and I can't afford losing my grip and my job... not to mention leave the renovation of my apartment half finished.

I'm not seeking to get high, but NSAIDs just don't cut it anymore. My assumtion is that topical morphine among other stuff which I will mention more in detail later could. I was also getting into making my own cleaning products, cosmetics, household protection and isolation organically. Now it came to my conclusion that I could do the same for my medicine cabinet by creating an cream for all types of injuries and inflamations.

To do that since morphine is a controled substance I would have to extract it from dried poppies and from what I searched up one could do that with mixing the plant material in limewater and heating it up to separate the alkaloids from the fiber into the water, filter it and do it again adding ammonia to the fluid now to create a so called "morphine base"

After getting the main ingridient, buffer up the cream with some aditional ingridients to really make it a potent and effective remedy.

It would contain:
coconut oil - base and good for the skin
aloe vera gel - heals wounds and soothes insect bites
citric acid - imune system protective and ph level regulating
vitamin e oil - help wounds heal faster and possibly prevent scar tissue formation
isopropanol - desinfectant and anti-fungal
ethanol - cleaning up the wound or dead skin matter
hydrogen peroxide - pulling out any leftover dirt particles that could pose a risk for infection
ammonia - cooling effect and fires up the CNS
curcumin - natural NSAID to reduce swelling and improve blood flow
capasicin - to help with burning and itching sensation and aid as a anti-inflamatory agent
lidocaine - which I can order... local anesthetic and vasoconstrictor to stop bleeding

and last but not least... The morphine base - a potent painkiller.

What worries me is that by aplication in the skin it will still pass the blood brain barrier and cause psychoactive effects which could make it addictive and lead to withdrawl sympthoms once use is discontinued. I am only seeking it for the pain killing effect as I need to keep working even when I'm injured. Seeking medical attention would not only put my life on hold but also put me at risk of losing my job and home which is a burden I could hardly crawl out of.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

pastanostra
#2 Posted : 3/12/2019 12:33:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello dude, my 2cents ..

it seems a nice idea to make your own medicine, but be aware of what you do while mixing all this. Making a such mixture, for me, disgust me. I can't help you with the interaction from all this component between them, please be aware of that.
Your cream, if finished, may contains much more chemical than organic compound.
If your way is to make organic, please stay with safe & effective organics compounds.

We may not want to buy cream with tons of chemical, but what about making your own with tons of chemicals ? Should it be better to make our own cream with, more or less controlled dosage of potential harmful substance ?

Please rethink what you do, and it may be better to have more actions specific cream than a all in one cream. We all know that the medicine than cure everything seems to not exist, atm.
Thats why there is plenty of choice in medicine, with different and complementary action.

Did you looked around Peganum harmala for pain ?

DmnStr8
#3 Posted : 3/12/2019 2:21:20 AM

Come what may

Have you considered trying CBD pain salve? I have met a few people that indicate that this CBD salve works very well.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda