We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is this solvent safe? Options

Larry421
#1 Posted : 3/11/2019 9:03:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone,

I had a friend introduce me to DMT and oh my.. What a eye opening experience! He only had a tiny amount so I did not get a full breakthrough experience but still a very profound time. So I did some research and decided to have the ambition to order some root bark and take great care in going through the process of extracting my own.

The technique that I am using is: GordoTEK - Youtube video

But I live in a small mountain town. I tried ordering naptha and heptane through amazon but amazon says they cant deliver it to my address for some reason. None of the local stores carry either of those solvents, and The nearest Home Depot or Lowes is around a four hour round trip. The closest thing I could find was Klean Strip painters solvent. It says on the front it replaces vm&p naptha. I did an evaporation test by pouring a small amount on a clean piece of glass and let it evaporate away. It evaporated away cleanly and did not leave any type of residue or powder. I'm just concerned about the purity and safety of my batch of DMT so I thought I should ask for any of your advice. The last thing I want to do is harm myself while trying to connect with the universe in a new way.

Here is a picture of the front and back of the solvent:

Thank you for any replys.

Peace and Love,
Larry
Larry421 attached the following image(s):
front.jpg (1,893kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
back.jpg (2,591kb) downloaded 57 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jees
#2 Posted : 3/11/2019 11:40:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's always advised to do some Sherlock Holmes yourself and dig for the according chemical data sheet and present it here. I went for you to kleanstrip.com site and this is it:
http://www.kleanstrip.co...SP95000SC_SDS-16100.pdf

It says to contain 60 to 95 % acetone, this makes it not usable to do some pulls with it in classic AB style (gordo tek as you say). It also contains methyl acetate which is also soluble (partly) in water so no go.

Hope you find a better non polar Thumbs up

Larry421
#3 Posted : 3/11/2019 12:43:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks so much!

After doing some more digging around I've read ronsonol or zippo lighter fluid is just over priced naptha, and I'm pretty sure I can find that up here. I bought all the same equipment used in that GordoTEK video ( which I now now is acid base extraction). If I followed the steps in that video exactly but used ronsonol fluid in place of klean strip vm&p naptha then I should have a good extraction then right?

Much appreciation
Larry

Jees
#4 Posted : 3/11/2019 10:05:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You did not do homework Twisted Evil
In google type ronsonol msds and then you find its chemical sheet:
http://doryventures.scen...ng/2018MSDSRonsonol.pdf

The content is:
Aliphatic hydrocarbon,Hydrocarbons, C7-C9, n-alkanes, isoalkanes, cyclics

This description is a very typical naphtha and widely used for the purposes, looks fine.

The only remark CYCLICS mean not ideal for our purposes but this usually is a limited % and therefore not a real problem. In the worst case some tiny amount of spice will not freeze precipitate, the rest will, so no real worry. All the common light naphtha's are like that, if you want better then you must look for lab grade products.

Another way for you to have found the answer yourself is to do a SEARCH in this forum, hit SEARCH and type ronsonol in the POSTS rule. Then you could have found numerous posts of people using it.

Be Sherlock, it's fun!
Wink