We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
High mushroom dosage Options

Astralking
#1 Posted : 12/17/2009 5:20:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How many people have done 6/7 grams + of mushrooms??

Was just wondering what you can compare it too. Because i heard the effects dont really "plateau" as such, so they just get more and more intense visuals the more you take. The idea very much appeals to me since i sort of like been scared/mind fuck/getting my ass handed to me on a plate (in a sense, couldn't think any other way to describe it Razz) and just wondered how good you guys found it?

I'll have a long meditate before i do then i'll slowly sup on down my brew and be a way.. depending on what you guys think of it!
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

۩
#2 Posted : 12/17/2009 5:21:59 PM

IMO you shouldn't eat too many shrooms...it just feels like toxic hell...
you can potentiate your 8th of mushrooms so many ways
like harmalas, a few datura s. seeds, etc
no need to push the limits.
add some mescaline with your 8th.

overkill doses would just make me blind for at least a day. not fun. terrible memories...

psychosisdoses
#3 Posted : 12/17/2009 5:28:14 PM

Derek

i have to agree with house on this one
high doses of mushrooms feel like you have been poisoned
anything over 5grams to me is ridiculous
instead use admixtures like house mentioned
a bit of theobromine and some harmalas can go a LONG way
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

jamie
#4 Posted : 12/17/2009 5:35:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

it really depends on the strain..
Also dont eat them..powder them and sew them up into a tea bag and make tea with some ginger..take a vitamine c before hand and eat 1 or 2 digestive enzymes..it makes a big difference.

With potent mushrooms 6-7 grams is overkill anyway. 2-3 grams of strong mushrooms like psilocybe cyanescenes made into a tea should completely blow you away.
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#5 Posted : 12/17/2009 9:23:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
fractal enchantment wrote:
Also dont eat them..powder them and sew them up into a tea bag and make tea with some ginger..take a vitamine c before hand and eat 1 or 2 digestive enzymes..it makes a big difference.

With potent mushrooms 6-7 grams is overkill anyway. 2-3 grams of strong mushrooms like psilocybe cyanescenes made into a tea should completely blow you away.

Yeah, it completely depends on how strong your mushrooms are and what quality.
Some mushrooms contain toxins that will make you feel uncomfortable at high doses but the cyanescens is very clean.
The mixture of psycho-active tryptamines is also different with each strain of shroom.

It also depends on whether you speak of fresh or dried shrooms.
3 grams of dried cyanescens should give a very strong trip.

if you take larger amounts you'l be totally absorbed by the other reality and it can last for more than 8 hours.

I've done things that are comparable with 6 grams of cyanescens, but i would not recommend this to anybody.

At these doses you have a trip that has the intensity of vaporised DMT, lasting for at least half a day and with an afterglow that will last for an entire day, including visuals.

It is completely comparable with DMT in intensity and atmosphere, when you take over a certain amount of grams, wich again, varies per sort of shroom and how good they where stored, etc.

There are only a few types of shrooms with wich you can do this without having very unpleasant side-effects.
And unpleasant side-effects are very freaky when you're that far away.

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 12/17/2009 9:45:53 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I don't see anything wrong with ingesting up to 10 grams of psilocybin containing mushrooms, for me MAOIs make it more intense feeling/scary.

If your gonna use an MAOI then Passiflora and Cacao are best.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Astralking
#7 Posted : 12/17/2009 10:19:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well when you strain im guessing you mean species as for strain the old saying "a cube is a cube is a cube" comes to mind.

as for potency, cyanescens aren't really THAT more potent than cubes generally... azurenscens on the other hand, whoa now theres a whole other kettle of fish! You've most likely seen this little chart before but i'll link it anyway

http://www.erowid.org/pl...s/mushrooms_info4.shtml

as you can see the alkaloid content for cyanescens and cubensis is pretty similar, with azuren way way up there. And i've heard of people taking an 1/8 of dried azur's which is pretty much 7 grams of any other shroom on that last (if not more).

Is there anywhere which tells you which shrooms contain the highest toxins? Didn't know that they varied in other toxins which cause the side effects, i thought they were all pretty similar. Thanks for the info
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

jamie
#8 Posted : 12/17/2009 10:26:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

psilocybe cyanescenes are always 2-3 times stronger than cubes in my experience.

I knew a guy that has been picking them since the 70's and swears that at a certain time they are many times stronger than any other mushroome he has tried..every time I ate even 2 grams of them I was as deep as 4-5 grams of cubes got me. Even terrence mckenna has states that they are the strongest mushrooms.
Long live the unwoke.

Bancopuma
#9 Posted : 12/17/2009 10:34:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I might be wrong but I think cubensis mushrooms may contain more of these toxins than other species. Each species I have encountered has a unique character. I don't want to open the old can of worms about differences between strains of cubensis...but I think there is to a subtle degree, and yes I know most of the trip experience is due to set and setting, yadadada...I've personally found Copelandia cyanescens and Psilocybe semilanceata to be very 'clean' feeling mushrooms. I've not tried Psilocybe cyanescens, azurescens or mexicana, but would very much like to as I think these would be interesting species to explore.

I have experienced 60g fresh cubensis mushrooms...Philipines strain I think...with 2g Syrian Rue. Not sure what I was thinking (this was quite a few years ago), but it was TOO MUCH. Lost my mind on that strange, beautiful night, and the only time I really have 'lost it' in that way. EXTREMELY powerful and enveloping, all encompassing geometric hallucinations, the most powerful I have ever seen in some ways...easily on par with a big dose of DMT, and way beyond any ayahuasca I have experienced.

I reverted to a more primitive, beast like form...I knew I was a mammal that had ingested some fungus, but that was all I had to work with. At one stage the mushroom tapped into my emotional centers, and played with them as it pleased...hysterical laughing/crying alternated within seconds of one another...The body high was like a very powerful, continuous, all over orgasm, and I was hyperventilating from the intensity of it.

Later on, I freaked my friend out a bit repeating "IS THIS IT? IS THIS IT?" He hadn't a clue what I was on about, but I literally thought I had somehow entered nirvana, and was seeking his confirmation of this...

Funny old night...Wink

Astralking
#10 Posted : 12/17/2009 10:50:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oooo psilocybe cyanescenes. the only cyanescenes i've tried were Panaeolus cyanescens not psilocybes, not tried psilocybe cyanescens. Are they like azur's in that they need outdoor cultivation really?

kemist
#11 Posted : 12/17/2009 10:54:01 PM

John

LOL Panaeolus and Psilocybe is the same LOL
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

jamie
#12 Posted : 12/17/2009 10:57:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Astralking wrote:
oooo psilocybe cyanescenes. the only cyanescenes i've tried were Panaeolus cyanescens not psilocybes, not tried psilocybe cyanescens. Are they like azur's in that they need outdoor cultivation really?

yes psilocybe cyanescenes usually need outdoor cultivation..they are apparently VERY hard to grow indoors..the only time I can get them is when people around here pick them. Where I live is the most dense population of these mushrooms but I have never picked them yet. I used to get them from an experienced picker that I got to know well. They are a PNW thing..I dont think they are found anywhere else.
Long live the unwoke.

Bancopuma
#13 Posted : 12/17/2009 10:58:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah Psilocybe cyanescenes are outdoor wood munchers and very potent like their brothers P. azurescens...would be very cool to get an outdoor bed established. Have the right climate over here so gonna give it a go next year. People have successfully established outdoor beds here in the UK, and we now have a feral population of this species, that has spread in bark mulch.

fourthripley
#14 Posted : 12/17/2009 11:13:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

kemist wrote:

Panaeolus cyancens and pslocybe cyancens are 2 different, rather confusingly named, species.
mistakes were made

Bancopuma
#15 Posted : 12/17/2009 11:25:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm assuming kemist was joking...but yeah these are two quite distinct fungal families.

Mycologists seem to argue over whether Paneoulus and Copelandia are any different based on their spore appearance under a microscope, but the guy I got my spores off has grown both Paneoulus and Copelandia cyanescens, purchased from the same original source, and swears they are different mushrooms...different sizes, different yields, and producing different experiences (psilocybin/psilocin ratios vary a lot among Paneoulus/Copelandia between both different strains and species, depending on where they are from in the world, which is likely the source of these differences).

Astralking
#16 Posted : 12/18/2009 1:32:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

kemist wrote:

Erm, i really hope that was a joke.

biopsylo
#17 Posted : 12/19/2009 1:56:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the wavy cap psilocybe cyanescens from the pacific northwest america. i will try to imagine what 7 grams would be like. these are def. the most potent i have tried. never ate more than 3 grams. grew some out a bunch of years back-pf tek. havnt seen any since.
cubes, now 7 grams is certainly heroic, but wow, sometimes that happens.
azurenscens--havnt come across any, but when i doShocked

polytrip
#18 Posted : 12/19/2009 4:29:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Astralking wrote:

Well when you strain im guessing you mean species as for strain the old saying "a cube is a cube is a cube" comes to mind.

as for potency, cyanescens aren't really THAT more potent than cubes generally... azurenscens on the other hand, whoa now theres a whole other kettle of fish! You've most likely seen this little chart before but i'll link it anyway

http://www.erowid.org/pl...s/mushrooms_info4.shtml

as you can see the alkaloid content for cyanescens and cubensis is pretty similar, with azuren way way up there. And i've heard of people taking an 1/8 of dried azur's which is pretty much 7 grams of any other shroom on that last (if not more).

Is there anywhere which tells you which shrooms contain the highest toxins? Didn't know that they varied in other toxins which cause the side effects, i thought they were all pretty similar. Thanks for the info

Azurescens is indeed extremely powerfull, but copelandia cyanescens is definately more powerfull then most cubensis strains. And i say 'most strains' because i don't want to rule out the possibility that there are very powerfull cubensis strains, but thus far i have never encountered any cubensis that comes close to cyanensis in strength.

copelandia cyanescens is easily three to four times as potent as most p.cubensis strains.

If you take cyanescens, you have to divide by three or four to get the cubensis equivalent. So if you say that seven grams of cubensis is very strong for you, you should take about two grams of cyanescens to get something as equally strong.

Virola78
#19 Posted : 12/19/2009 6:18:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me it is all about the set and setting. These will have great effect on the meaning and intensity of the visions.
If I have taken the time to get a clear head, and to live up to the moment, then all will be there.
The trip will be deep, beautiful and meaningful.

For as far as total psilocine, 3.5g of good cubensis or anything like that will do for me.
Like 1.5g of panaeolus cyanescens will get me there too.

But I might try a high dose of cyanescens one day.
Just to see how deep it goes.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

jamie
#20 Posted : 12/19/2009 9:44:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I once sat down and ate a handful of 4-5 grams psilocybe cyanescenes on the beach at sunset. I ate them with a group of people and everyone else wouldnt eat more than a gram.. They thought I was nuts.

After about 40 minutes I was starting to agree with them..I remember walking through the woods hallucinating harder than i ever had before..I started to hear the carrier wave, louder than I have ever heard it with DMT..it sounded like 10000 bees all swarmeing my head..I started thrashing around becasue I thought I was literllay walked head first into a bee hive in the dark forest!.. All I could see was this vibrating honeycomb pattern..I fell down and broke through for about a minute or 2..

When I regained controll of myself and the buzzing sound stopped my friends were staring at me in complete confusion trying to figure out just what the hell I was doing!

I spent the rest of the night laying in the woods with my friends wapped in blankets on a clif overlooking the ocean..tripping complete balls..when I started to come down a bit I split a blotter of LSD with my friend and experienced ego death and reconstruction of my being from the level of atoms right up to an organic being..it was an amazing night..

Dont underestimate those mushrooms!

Long live the unwoke.

12NEXT