We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cutting up my humble cacti collection Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 3/4/2019 8:56:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi friends,

Just wanted to share several pictures of my cacti with you all. The bigger boys were supposed to be either peruvian torches, or icaro dna, while the small guy is Huarazensis SS0201. I was taking care of them for around 7-8 months when I found myself in a situation where paranoia drove me to cut them up and remove the pots from the balcony. Maybe I didn't have to do that, but better safe than sorry.

Here are two cool shots of the root system of this cactus (some say it ):

Here they are already cut and despined, ready for chopping:

Drying those over in an oven and combining them with another dry cacti mix I already had yielded approximately 80 grams of dry cactus mass.

Now I took 20 grams and blended it into a powder, after which I put it in a jar and poured in heated IPA. My plan is to keep that in there for at least a week, with frequent shaking of the jar, and then pour it out, evaporate the IPA and consume the residue.

Has anyone used this technique of consumption, and if yes - what would you describe as the pros and cons of it? The main reason why I want to do this is to reduce nausea as much as possible (will probably combine with some fresh spearmint, ginger root and lemon).

Be well! Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Grey Fox
#2 Posted : 3/5/2019 5:37:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you throw away the rooted stumps? So you're all finished with growing cacti now? Trichocereus cacti are legal to grow and possess. Just dont tell your neighbors why you are growing them. Your average person would never be able to identify what kind of cacti they are. I understand the fear though. Its a crazy world we live in.

Those big ones sure did look like Icaros Peruvianus. Those were some nice cacti you had there. Sorry I cant help you with the extraction question. I'm always confused when people have fresh cactus and dry it. I guess dried cactus is part of the extraction process you're using. But its kind of like having access to fresh steak and deciding to dehydrate it for your dinner. Best luck with your extraction anyway. Hopefully someone with knowledge will chime in.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Nydex
#3 Posted : 3/5/2019 5:46:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Grey Fox wrote:
Did you throw away the rooted stumps? So you're all finished with growing cacti now? Trichocereus cacti are legal to grow and possess. Just dont tell your neighbors why you are growing them. Your average person would never be able to identify what kind of cacti they are. I understand the fear though. Its a crazy world we live in.

Those big ones sure did look like Icaros Peruvianus. Those were some nice cacti you had there. Sorry I cant help you with the extraction question. I'm always confused when people have fresh cactus and dry it. I guess dried cactus is part of the extraction process you're using. But its kind of like having access to fresh steak and deciding to dehydrate it for your dinner. Best luck with your extraction anyway. Hopefully someone with knowledge will chime in.

Thank you for the kind words, friend. I'm all done with growing cacti, yes. Any mescaline-containing plant or other medium is deemed illegal in my country, so better safe than sorry. And it's too late now anyway. Soon I shall embark on my journey and I don't really want to commit to growing plants again only to have to leave them some months later.

And regarding the IPA stuff it's not so much an extraction as it is a way of condensing the good stuff and not having to gulp a liter of slimy cactus tea or whatever. No idea if it's going to work, so that's why I'm trying with only 20 grams.

Will surely share my results once I've tried it. Be well. Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Grey Fox
#4 Posted : 3/5/2019 8:00:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh I did not realize that you are in a country where Trichocereus are illegal to grow. That is unfortunate. I see now why it was so unnerving to grow them on your balcony. These restrictive laws are misguided and harmful. The arrogance to think that governments have the authority to ban plants.

I wish you all the best with your IPA method. Looking forward to a report on how it goes. Thumbs up
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Chaska
#5 Posted : 3/14/2019 7:01:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ipa works well w powder,
slow and not food safe are cons
pro is it works well and is very simple
grow plants, make tea, love life