We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mexamine | 5-Methoxytryptamine | 5-MeO-T | Update #1 Options

theAlkēmist
#1 Posted : 3/3/2019 4:01:36 AM

Alchemist

Update #1: Extended the research.

I can get my hands on some and it is not scheduled so I can buy it from a pharmaceutical company at 99% purity.

It’s also produced in the pineal gland. Scientific journals suggest 5-MeO-T is psychedelic. It agonises the following receptors. Can fellow Nexians give input please.

5-HT1B Ki = 35 nM
5-HT1D Ki = 7.3 nM
5-HT1E Ki = 3151 nM
5-HT1F Ki = 1166 nM
5-HT2A Ki = 295 nM
5-HT2B Ki = 16.4 nM
5-HT2C Ki = 52.48 nM
5-HT4 Ki = 501.18 nM
5-HT6 Ki = 69.18 nM
5-HT7 Ki = 5.01 nM

5-MeO-T acts as a full agonist at the 5-HT1, 5-HT2, 5-HT4, 5-HT6, and 5-HT7 receptors. with no 5-HT3 affinity, so no nausea.

“Based on the criteria applied in this review, LSD and 5-methoxytryptamine are the most potent psychoactive substances”
https://www.sciencedirec...abs/pii/0024320577903356

“Lysergic acid diethylamide, 5-MeODMT and 5-MeOT were found to exert a much more powerful effect on presynaptic (5-HT) neurones”. “these results are in agreement with the reported hallucinogenic potency of 5-MeODMT and suggest that 5-MeOT could also have psychotomimetic properties.”
https://www.sciencedirec...cle/pii/0028390877901423

“DMT may be viewed as an activation process similar to the production of sero- tonin from 5-methoxytryptamine
https://www.ingentaconne...000011/00000008/art00003

“The present study resulted in the isolation of 5-methoxy- N,N-dimethyltryptamine as well as the identification of N,N- dimethyltryptamine and 5-methoxytryptamine. thus confirming the hallucinogenic aspect of V. peruciutra”
https://www.sciencedirec...le/pii/S0022354915412158

“THE COMBINED-MODEL APPROACH FOR STUDYING HALLUCINOGENIC AGENTS We now have at hand two models with which to study the … 5-Methoxytryptamine (5-OMe T), the N-demethylated analog of 5-OMe DMT, possesses a high 5-HT receptor affinity”
https://www.sciencedirec...cle/pii/0149763481900026

“Molecular Orbital Studies on the Conformation of Hallucinogenic Indolealkylamines and Related Compounds. The Isolated Molecules and the Solvent Effectt … Tryptamine hydrochloride 5-Methoxytryptamine S-Methoxy-M^-dimethyltryptamine Psilocybin”
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/jm00250a015

“In this paper we describe the separation of some hallucinogenic indoleamines with detection with a UV photometric and a voltammetric … tryptamine (DMTPA), 5-methoxytryptamine (5-MeO-TPA), 5-methoxy-N,N-dimeth- yltryptamine (5MeO-DMTPA)”
https://www.sciencedirec...le/pii/S0021967301905217

“Selected compounds (5-methoxytryptamine, N,N-dimethyltryptamine, 5-methoxy-N,N-diethyltryptamine and 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine) were … have shown that 5-HT 2 agonism may be responsible for the psychoactive effects of hallucinogenic compounds”
https://www.sciencedirec...cle/pii/0014299988904323

“Preferential action of 5-methoxytryptamine and 5-methoxydimethyl- tryptamine on presynaptic”
https://www.sciencedirec...cle/pii/0014299986904206

“Findings suggest that MeOT may have weak hallucinogenic properties”
https://psycnet.apa.org/record/1981-29937-001

“The role of central serotonergic mechanisms on head-twitch and backward locomotion induced
by hallucinogenic drugs … agents [7,8]. Head-twitch may similarly be induced by the intraven- tricular
injection of serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) or 5-methoxytryptamine
https://www.sciencedirec...cle/pii/0091305781901088

“From the interaction of the hallucinogenic drugs with EF (Table 1) it is clear that apart from LSD they have less effect than serotonin. Tryptamine and simple indoles did not appear to interact with EF. The 5-methoxytryptamine derivatives are of …”
https://www.nature.com/articles/240561a0
“The art of alchemy is like a psycho-spiritual multi-vitamin and mineral elixir secreted by the cosmic mind to help heal the collective madness that has infected our world.”

“If the prima materia contains poison, then the more virulent the poison, the more powerful are its potential healing qualities. Accomplished alchemists are able to transmute the poison into a healing nectar.“

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

0_o
#2 Posted : 3/3/2019 5:37:09 AM

ⁿ°ⁿ↔ρ└ªγ³r κhªrªκτ³r

I am interested in learning more about this.

rOm
#3 Posted : 3/3/2019 10:58:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought this tryptamine wasn't psychoactive, like melatonin.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

theAlkēmist
#4 Posted : 3/3/2019 11:27:29 AM

Alchemist

Studies suggest different. So I really don’t know, I will try some in a few weeks and report back.
“The art of alchemy is like a psycho-spiritual multi-vitamin and mineral elixir secreted by the cosmic mind to help heal the collective madness that has infected our world.”

“If the prima materia contains poison, then the more virulent the poison, the more powerful are its potential healing qualities. Accomplished alchemists are able to transmute the poison into a healing nectar.“

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 3/3/2019 4:08:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, it isn't psycho-active in doses below 4 milligram. Maybe when taken with MAOI's or in extremely large quantities.

This stuff has been sold as melatonin in the past. I've taken it myself (or at least what i took was labeled as 5-MT) and didn't notice any difference.

Kajlian
#6 Posted : 3/3/2019 5:39:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting. I'd love to hear about any effects you get from it, if you try it that is.

If it's indeed psychedelic, it'd be interesting to explore the endogenous effect it has, if any. Given that it's produced endogenously.

On a side note, since 5-MT is very similar to melatonin (N-Acetyl-5-MT), differing only by the acetyl group on the nitrogen, it should probably be relatively simple to synthesize it from melatonin.
If we create purpose, purpose exists, and by existing, we've created purpose.

theAlkēmist
#7 Posted : 3/3/2019 9:16:52 PM

Alchemist

Yes I think I’ve seen Nexians try deacetylate it from melatonin, but I’m not sure of their success. Reading more about it, it’s referred to as 5-MeO-T and is often compared to 5-MeO-DMT, it’s generic name is mexamine.

theAlkēmist
#8 Posted : 3/3/2019 10:09:54 PM

Alchemist

dragonrider wrote:
Well, it isn't psycho-active in doses below 4 milligram. Maybe when taken with MAOI's or in extremely large quantities.

This stuff has been sold as melatonin in the past. I've taken it myself (or at least what i took was labeled as 5-MT) and didn't notice any difference.

It would definitely have to be smoked or taken orally with MAOI 100%. 4mg does sound like an inactive dose either way.

Loveall
#9 Posted : 3/4/2019 9:35:37 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

theAlkēmist wrote:
Yes I think I’ve seen Nexians try deacetylate it from melatonin, but I’m not sure of their success. Reading more about it, it’s referred to as 5-MeO-T and is often compared to 5-MeO-DMT, it’s generic name is mexamine.

It's easy to deacetylate from melatonin if one has access to a high boiling point alcohol like butanol. With lower boiling point alcohols more widely available (99% IPA) we are taking the wait and see approach (set it for a few weeks at room temp capped in a brew bottle to limit O2).

Mindlusion reported mexamine has mood effects but is not psychedelic IIRC (but I'm not sure about his potential +MAOI tests). A poor chap reported online that it worked great as an antidepressant for him but his local government updated the laws and cut off his access to mexine (sucks if your issue is simply that you are deficient in it for some reason and simply need some supplementation).

As far as I know substituted tryptamines need some N-methylation (or ethylation, etc) to become psychedelic. That is, I'm not aware of any N-unmethylated psychoactive tryptamines, but would love to hear of an example that shows I'm wrong.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

theAlkēmist
#10 Posted : 3/4/2019 11:48:59 AM

Alchemist

Interesting to know the chemistry. Do you know if these people smoked 5-MeO-T or just ate it?

rOm
#11 Posted : 3/4/2019 12:06:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

At this point, we need our human guinea pig and chemist, Mindlusion. Big grin
Shame we can't tag here Wink
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Th Entity
#12 Posted : 3/4/2019 2:07:09 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Quote:
At this point, we need our human guinea pig and chemist

Ahh, if only Shulgin was alive and a Nexian.
Rest in Peace legendary Sasha Shulgin, sorry for mentioning you!!
woohoo
Thumbs up

Mindlusion
#13 Posted : 3/4/2019 3:33:26 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Yes, mexamine is one of those molecules that show high in vitro activity but little to zero in vivo activity. Likely due to fast MAO metabolism. Theory seems correct when looking at the corresponding alpha-methyl tryptamine aMT. It is a potent monoamine releasing and reuptake inhibition agent, as well as showing MAOI activity, which makes it quite dangerous in overdose, as well as its analogue partner aET.

And of course, this action of aMT is more more serotogenic or having entactogen qualities. Similarly to other entactogens, at high does it is a serotonin neurotoxin. Although it is also a non-selective serotonin agonist, so it has mixed psychedelic activity.

aMT was first perscribed as an anti-depressant, so perhaps the mood-lifting effects I felt from mexamine were related, though much shorter lived due to fast metabolism.

It seems very likely that longer-lived effects could be had if mexamine was used in combination with harmaline, but obviously, great care must be taken in those tests in keeping the dosage low, due to the toxicity of serotogenic agents.

I have not experimented with mexamine further than my inital tests, but I do have about 55 grams of it, prepared from melatonin. Its a useful molecule for preparing other interesting compounds.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

dreamer042
#14 Posted : 3/4/2019 3:58:43 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Would the safety concerns re: harmalas + 5-MeO-DMT also apply to Mexamine?

Has anyone tried vaporizing the freebase?
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Mindlusion
#15 Posted : 3/4/2019 4:16:50 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

dreamer042 wrote:
Would the safety concerns re: harmalas + 5-MeO-DMT also apply to Mexamine?

Has anyone tried vaporizing the freebase?

yes

Also in my post I was talking about aMT, when i should have been talking about 5-MeO-aMT. Though both are very similar, but 5-Meo-aMT is a much more potent and selective agonist to ht2a and ht1a
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

theAlkēmist
#16 Posted : 3/5/2019 6:25:11 AM

Alchemist

So there was little activity when smoking freebase? What do you think about freebasing and placing it on a Changa mix, instead of spice?

Triglav
#17 Posted : 7/23/2020 11:23:23 AM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

In the paper on Phalaris "Ayahuasca-like effects obtained with Italian plants (by Francesco Festi & Giorgio Samorini)" there is a list of various compounds that were found in P. arundinacea and aquatica.

Among those 5-methoxy-tryptamine (mexamine) was found as well.

Just wanted to let you know.