We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How fast does DMT turn in to DMT-N-Oxide? Options

fathomlessness
#1 Posted : 3/1/2019 1:14:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is this more of a long term month long process or does it occur by say having a fan blown on it for a few days?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Asher7
#2 Posted : 3/1/2019 4:46:27 PM

Professional Tracker

Standard rules apply, no air, light, moisture. So if you up any of those factors oxidation will speed up. A glass vial in the dark will save for years.

If I was intentionally trying, yeah I would probably add a little heat to try and melt it and then blow a fan real hard on the oil. Sounds legit.

Thinking now, reports say oxide is still active and supposed to be more mellow. Anyone ever make it intentionally for that reason?

Th Entity
#3 Posted : 3/1/2019 6:25:09 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

So you want DMT Oxide?
What about Hydrogen Peroxide?

Mindlusion
#4 Posted : 3/1/2019 9:57:30 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Th Entity wrote:
So you want DMT Oxide?

Yeah, air and light and using a fan, even for months, will hardly give you more than 10% DMT N-oxide. DMT has a pretty long shelf life no matter how you store it.

Hydrogen peroxide or other oxidants will give a quantitative conversion of N-Oxide
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

fathomlessness
#5 Posted : 3/2/2019 2:51:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replies. I was just curious if having the fan blow on my drying freebase xtals would oxidize them which would mean i possibly couldn't convert the dmt-oxide to fumarate (see my other thread)

Asher7
#6 Posted : 3/2/2019 10:04:04 PM

Professional Tracker

Mindlusion wrote:
Th Entity wrote:
So you want DMT Oxide?

Yeah, air and light and using a fan, even for months, will hardly give you more than 10% DMT N-oxide. DMT has a pretty long shelf life no matter how you store it.

Hydrogen peroxide or other oxidants will give a quantitative conversion of N-Oxide

Oh really? That’s cool, I always got the impression from posts that fb was kind of fragile. Do you think it’s reasonable to believe you could throw a little jar of fb in a dark corner and have it last a “lifetime” with minimal change in effects?

Mindlusion
#7 Posted : 3/4/2019 5:41:20 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Asher7 wrote:
Mindlusion wrote:
Th Entity wrote:
So you want DMT Oxide?

Oh really? That’s cool, I always got the impression from posts that fb was kind of fragile. Do you think it’s reasonable to believe you could throw a little jar of fb in a dark corner and have it last a “lifetime” with minimal change in effects?

Best is to have it in a vial that fits the quantity well, to leave as little airspace as possible.
But yes, it may turn darker amber coloured or become gunky after some years, but it will still be active.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Hotspur922
#8 Posted : 3/8/2019 5:31:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Asher7 wrote:
Standard rules apply, no air, light, moisture. So if you up any of those factors oxidation will speed up. A glass vial in the dark will save for years.

If I was intentionally trying, yeah I would probably add a little heat to try and melt it and then blow a fan real hard on the oil. Sounds legit.

Thinking now, reports say oxide is still active and supposed to be more mellow. Anyone ever make it intentionally for that reason?

DMT oxide is responsible for some very scary nightmare trips...

in no way more mellow... much more harsh

Asher7
#9 Posted : 3/9/2019 1:26:27 AM

Professional Tracker

Really? I’ve read that about the residue that accumulates in a pipe. How does it become more of a nightmare, what is different about it?

Hotspur922
#10 Posted : 3/11/2019 3:36:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Asher7 wrote:
Really? I’ve read that about the residue that accumulates in a pipe. How does it become more of a nightmare, what is different about it?

read my story here....

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...;t=81726&find=unread