We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
sublingual harmalas nausea Options

greenbean
#1 Posted : 2/26/2019 1:14:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I seem to have bad luck trying to incorporate harmalas into my sessions. I predose sublingually and try my best to not swallow any because I figured it was making feel bad when taking orally in the past. I'd love to extend my trips but more often than not it ends up making me feel sick and breaking me out of the trip/preventing me from letting go. I rarely purge unless I use orally but the feeling is enough to ruin the trips. I'm not sure if it's just a dosing issue but I only did 20mg sublingual the last time. Perhaps I'm sensitive. Is vaping the harmalas the best bet to avoid nausea?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

fathomlessness
#2 Posted : 2/26/2019 4:44:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How pure are your harmalas? did you do multiple salts as well as freebase or is it just extract. I get very little nausea even from 300mg. Also moclobomide is an alternative also known as pharmahuasca, youll have to go to a doctor to get prescribed for it.

greenbean
#3 Posted : 2/26/2019 1:07:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I didn’t extract it so maybe that’s the problem. I bought a small amount to see if I liked it before delving into extractions. Is there anything I can do to clean up what I have. I have a bit of freebase and salts. I’m not sure I could get the rx moclobomide but out of curiosity is it better?

fathomlessness
#4 Posted : 1/4/2021 2:44:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

greenbean wrote:
I didn’t extract it so maybe that’s the problem. I bought a small amount to see if I liked it before delving into extractions. Is there anything I can do to clean up what I have. I have a bit of freebase and salts. I’m not sure I could get the rx moclobomide but out of curiosity is it better?

Moclobemide is a cleaner experience, more clinical and not as spiritual maybe? I haven't explored enough with it to say specifically though.

Try do multiple bases and salts, one after the other, for maximum purity. If you are feeling sick and it is pure, you could try to lower dosage to 10mg and hope that the sickness will be accustomed to in time. Some people are mo sensitive to harmala sickness than others as far as I am aware.

ShamensStamen
#5 Posted : 1/4/2021 4:31:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Try perhaps pre-dosing some Limonene, 10 drops of Limonene in a capsule, say 30 minutes to an hour or so beforehand. It's the only thing i've come across that can effectively block out the nausea/vomiting from the Harmalas, ime. For oral Harmalas i take the Limonene at the same time as the Harmalas though. Last night i took 10 drops of Limonene with my oral Rue, and no nausea/vomiting or stomach discomfort at all, maybe a bit of gas and then need to poop but other than that no complaints.

Fruit is life
#6 Posted : 1/6/2021 9:03:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have used sublingual harmalas 1-2x a day for about 3 months now dosing around 30mg sublingually, I have never experienced nausea with sublingual route and am using isolated harmine, the only time I experience harmala induced nausea is when I have smoked ~50mg+ harmaline and tried to walk around, or when trying to move on oral doses above 200mg, I have even dosed 150mg of harmine orally and gone for a walk before, not comfortable but not nauseating, I would suggest extracting and purifying yourself with a manske and PH separation of harmaline and harmine, harmine is not bitter or gross sublingually.

Don't let it put you off, just clean up your alkaloids, harmalas are the best. Also I have found mint tea and ginger to really help with any psychedelic nausea
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.

bismillah
#7 Posted : 1/7/2021 2:10:00 AM

My Personalized Tag

The nausea is simply a fact of the matter. Here's what you can do:
- Find your perfect dose of harmalas (mine is about 3.5 to 4 grams' worth of rue seeds---any more makes me sick and doesn't make the experience much stronger)
- Take it on an empty stomach, or at least not after a heavy meal
- Drink plenty of water and breathe deeply
- Suck on some ginger Big grin

Having done this, the nausea becomes more of a slight annoyance than a major discomfort. By the time you're tripping, you'll forget it was there at all.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

murklan
#8 Posted : 1/10/2021 4:53:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm curious of how people experience any differences by ROA of harmalas, especially when combined with DMT (the DMT vaped or smoked or swalloed after).

I've read that you need quite a lot less when taking harmalas sublingual and that you also get less/none nausea. This is the way I use it, around 25-50 mg.
But I've also started to experiment taking them oraly, especially to use with oral DMT. Then I've taken 100 mg.

I've also read that when taken sublingual or smoked they stay active for a shorter time.

It's clear that if taken oraly I get a stronger body sensation, or if it's just because I take more that way.

Any experiences?

BongQuixote
#9 Posted : 1/10/2021 6:01:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I used to purge with harmalas once I took 200mg or more orally, which sucked. After spending time separating my harmalas into harmine and harmaline, I quickly discovered that harmine (and THH) don't make me nauseous at all, only harmaline does. Do you know what's in the harmalas you got? It may be worth doing a separation so you can adjust the dose of each component individually. I now do 200mg harmine and 200mg THH, either by themselves or as a foundation for DMT/shrooms/whatever. Zero nausea. Since I extracted it all myself, I know it's not due to batch or method, it's due to too much harmaline. Harmaline can be fun in itself, but I prefer to keep the dose lower to avoid purging.

starway7
#10 Posted : 1/10/2021 7:32:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you used extracted harmalas ..it could be too potent to use sublinguly at the dose you used?

I find that making rue tea using ..[about one gram seeds] ..
[filtering the tea several times through coffie filter]] then reducing the tea till it fits in a one ounce dropper bottle... will make it potent enough to get effects from ...5 or 6 drops under tounge is enough for me to feel and get effects from before vaping spice.

Extracted harmala is a diferent thing ..[if you didnt personally extract it yourself]....you dont if the person extracted it cleanly/...or if its too potent?

Sublingual absorbtion works quite well for rue....and that fact in itself says be carefull with dosage sublingualy!

I dont think the more potent and [suposidly more pure harmalas] is a better choice when it comes to saftey and effect,,,just my opinion/..

The more pure harmalas...the more concintrated it is....and higher concintration requires more dosage caution!

Rue tea .... [within the safe 1 to 3 gram range].. has never even made me nautious

only felt like i drank a couple beers....

But those who desire a longer and more intense experiance will take more ...just be cautious with dosage!