We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Jaguars enjoying Caapi Leaves Options

Brennendes Wasser
#1 Posted : 2/24/2019 1:18:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Quote:
In a clip from the BBC episode of "Peculiar Potions,” a jaguar appears to be experiencing the hallucinogenic effects of yage (Banisteriopsis caapi), a vine that contains harmaline and other beta carbolines.

Jaguars are not the only ones who enjoy the effects of the vine's leaves. B. caapi is also used by natives of the Peruvian rainforest during ritual ceremonies involving ayahuasca. In addition, the plant is used as a purgative to cleanse the body of parasites and help the digestive tract.

https://www.youtube.com/...ue=129&v=OqGDv0KCJl8

Hehehe

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Th Entity
#2 Posted : 2/24/2019 1:41:31 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

I've watched this few years ago i also enjoyed watching This check it out if you want. Smile

endlessness
#3 Posted : 2/24/2019 3:38:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quoting myself from another old thread:

Quote:

Yes there are animals that will ingest certain psychoactive substances but: Is there any proof that jaguars really consume caapi vine and is there any proof that caapi vine will give them some kind of psychoactive experience?

The only source for this claim I ever saw was in that famous video which looks very staged and selectively edited, I dont know how trustable it is .

Maybe that video was staged. Maybe it wasnt but it was a coincidence (and/or selectively edited) and jaguars dont specially eat ayahuasca any more than they eat basically any plant. Maybe jaguars do eat caapi but they dont have any psychoactive experience from it and there's another reason for it. Or maybe they do eat and have a psychoactive experience.

I dont know what is the truth, but I do know better than to prematurely jump into conclusions that "jaguars as a norm love to trip on ayahuasca" just from watching that one video

Cool video, but yeah, who knows Smile

Loveall
#4 Posted : 2/24/2019 4:01:33 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I think this a good review on the general subject: http://reset.me/story/ps...animal-species-use-wild/

It has links to Ted talks, documentaries, and published papers. The author put some work into putting it together, worth a read for anyone interested in the subject I think. We can discuss here too if there is interest.

Pass the millipede Cool
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Ulim
#5 Posted : 2/25/2019 3:52:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There was a youtube vid of a dog high on shrooms as well.

I definetly think animals will sometimes get high but i doubt they do it on purpose in many cases. There probably are lots of times a poor deer nommed on some liberty cap or amanita and got more than it bargained for. Big grin

Th Entity
#6 Posted : 2/25/2019 4:28:59 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

O yes the dog tripping on mushrooms, and Loveall reminded me of some sort of animal that was playing with millipede, that was squirting some liquid that is psychoactive and also acts as an insecticide, and there was also a video from an old nature documentary of african animals eating fermented fruit and they were getting really intoxicated. There are so many videos of intoxicated animals on YT.

Ulim
#7 Posted : 2/25/2019 5:03:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also wasps getting drunk because of fermenting apples

Exitwound
#8 Posted : 2/25/2019 8:34:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh that dog video made my day! Ahahahhahah