We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Concentration in old vs young tissue? (Top vs. bottom) Options

brewster
#1 Posted : 2/17/2019 10:00:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys,
sorry if this question has been answered before. I looked for it, but didn't find a specific thread.
Is there an established consensus on which parts of a cactus have more goodies? I always thought that the younger, more fragile tips / the younger tissue had the most. Sounded logical - it's less woody, needs more protection.
But if I read correctly, the consensus in the nexus is rather that the older tissue / lower parts of a branch are more potent.

Obviously, there's little research on that, but I'd greatly appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks a lot.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

brewster
#2 Posted : 2/18/2019 7:16:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm asking mainly because I have top cuts. I'm reluctant to subject them to manual deconstruction, though, since they're very pretty and I'd like to root them. Especially if they're the weakest part of the plant.
Should it turn out that they have many goodies and not little, this might change.

Th Entity
#3 Posted : 2/18/2019 7:47:33 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

This can vary from cactus to cactus you cant tell for sure but it would make more sense that the older cactus have more "goodies" because the young part of cactus is developing (making "goodies" and growth) while the older already grew and made the optimal amount of "goodies". Ofc this is my opinion and im far from expert on cactus. Good Luck Thumbs up
I would root the tops!