We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Am I ready for a DMT breakthrough? Options

Gnomehat
#1 Posted : 2/17/2019 2:17:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been taking psychedelics for years now. Countless LSD trips and quite a few mushroom trips. I would take some acid or mushrooms right now with no anxiety whatsoever. However I recently acquired some DMT and a yocan evolve with donut coils and I am scared to do it. I don’t know why, but every time I think I’ve mustered up the courage I read something that scares me again. What can I do to calm my nerves about this and does it seem like I am ready based on my experience with psychedelic substances?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 2/17/2019 3:36:44 AM

Come what may

Take your time. Go when you are feeling good about it. Only you can determine if you are ready. Many may say that little can prepare you for a DMT experience. Just relax. Maybe meditate before. Put on some music you like. I think you will find just preparing for doing DMT can be an experience all in itself. I like to approach it like a ceremony.

Above all, try and just have some fun with it. Like waiting in line for a roller coaster. The anticipation of it all can be very exhilerating and enjoyable.

It is a wonderful experience! Please post an experience repost should you ever decide to try it.

Happy travels!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Exitwound
#3 Posted : 2/17/2019 2:00:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And remember, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Even if it shakes you to the bones, all will be fine after all Smile

lsrvnt
#4 Posted : 2/21/2019 6:42:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gnomehat wrote:
I have been taking psychedelics for years now. Countless LSD trips and quite a few mushroom trips. I would take some acid or mushrooms right now with no anxiety whatsoever. However I recently acquired some DMT and a yocan evolve with donut coils and I am scared to do it. I don’t know why, but every time I think I’ve mustered up the courage I read something that scares me again. What can I do to calm my nerves about this and does it seem like I am ready based on my experience with psychedelic substances?

The question to ask is Why am I going in the first place why did you (or it) find you. What is your purpose going into it. I think when you have an answer to that question you may find that receiving the answer to that question may be worth overcoming the fear. just remember that all of these things are medicine and have the power to help us change our lives for the better and are not meant to be used or disrespected. keep in mind if used or disrespected they can leave you worse off than beforehand and you must be careful for there is a psychic price to pay if you disrespect this experience.

A good analogy is using power tools. A proper power saw can chop through a hand like butter however it can also be used to create the house that comforts us. Its about respect for the real dangers of the tool and intention of the reason for using the tool in the first place (why am I using the tool) that builds to the end result.

some say music and incense, I say no music, no distractions just your intention and a very very comfortable safe place and a good day. the whole point is to go deep into that place and find your answers. its not meant to be all pleasant so don't try and force it to be because odds are you wont be able to. just be genuine with your intention and safe in your setting.

I wish you a very positive experience. You have been blessed with a very magical life changing substance if used properly.

safe travels,

A

xss27
#5 Posted : 2/21/2019 8:25:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Previous psychedelic experience is going help in not being completely bamboozled by a totally new experience of moving colours and shapes. I can't imagine what DMT would have done to me if I hadn't had some prior psychedelic experience! You're going to be stunned by it though, not in a bad way, it's just so foreign to our everyday lives but again prior psychedelic experience will probably help.

You wouldn't have sought it out if you weren't prepared to try it I don't think. Trying to scare yourself first though is slightly masochistic behaviour Laughing Set and setting extends prior to the immediacy of any psychedelic experience - put yourself in a good frame of mind days before. What brought you here? What are your motivations? What questions do you have? Then relax a bit, treat yourself right and allow the nerves to calm. Then think about blasting off. Good luck.

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 2/21/2019 9:19:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you are ready when your desire for the experience, for whatever reason (curiosity, sense of adventure, spiritual need, etc.), is strong enough for you, to be willing to take a dive into the unknown.

You are probably asking this because you are a little afraid of what you are going to encounter. Intimidated by all the stories you've heard.

That is completely normal. Especially when you are already familiar with the power of psychedelics.

We have all felt like that.

JFro
#7 Posted : 2/21/2019 10:32:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I felt the same way. The day my extract had dried and just had to be scraped up from the dish and stored in its jar, I found myself extremely anxious about actually experiencing it. I waited an additional day, actually. I started small, between 15-20mg, and it turned out to be the perfect icebreaker for me. No extreme effects, no entities. Just me and my self. It was beautiful. If you have enough material, I suggest doing the same. No need to jump in the deep end from the get-go. Start off small and ease up, because it can get very intense and reading through the trip reports, there are people who become totally turned off from DMT after doing too much for their introductory experience. Good luck, best wishes. Let us know how things go!