We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Ehrlich reagent - expired, or what I have is not LSD? Options

AcaciaConfusedYah
#21 Posted : 2/22/2019 11:13:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Nydex wrote:
antares wrote:
I believe that would be the best solution but would it draw the unwanted attention of law enforcement on you?

I am slightly paranoid about discretion so personally I wouldn't dare.

Well they can't really do anything since I'll just go in, say "found this on the ground, dispose of it the proper way" and walk out before they can even ask a question. I'll be long gone before they even think of calling police or whatever. Smile

Hey Nydex,

Sure, there could be a risk - I'm not really sure what it is... but maybe? I suppose I feel more comfortable with that approach due to a "friendly" relationship with our pharmacy. My wife has meds that she takes reguarly, and I have taken meds reguarly in the past - so the pharmacy staff often greets me by first name and asks how school is/was going, and how my research project was going, etc etc. I have asked them about disposal of old medicines, after saying "I don't take that anymore, I guess I'll just flush of them." They said, "No! No! Don't flush it. Just bring it up here and we'll dispose of it." If I took an expired OTC cough syrup, or an OTC medicine that was supposed to be refrigerated after opening, up to the pharmacy, they wouldn't think a second thought. If you act like you're supposed to be doing it and show some concern of "wanting to do the right thing" then they are not going to think anything negative. If you act sketchy - maybe. But, they aren't going to do anything.... you are disposing of substance, in a safe way. That is the purpose of the service.

Even say, "Hey, I found this outside - you want me to toss it in the trash or do you want to dispose of it in another fashion?"

Granted, I asked that question long before I considered (and had learned about) environmental factors. Now, I usually only start a fire if I am camping in the woods.

Will burning a few sugar cubes wreck the environment? Nah. I mainly added all that extra info for disposal of other waste materials - and just to get the information recirculated so that people know of some options. But, Yes - I think the pharmacy approach would work fine. If you don't want to, burning that won't wreak total havoc. As antares mentions, high temps will likely degrade most organic molecules. I am unsure what temp you would need to degrade that specific unknown material - or if it has halogenated groups that might be released.

In the grand picture, the person who is burning trash a few blocks down the road is likely releasing many more harmful chemicals than you would by burning the cubes. Do what makes you feel comfortable. I feel it is a personal responsibility of mine to offer the options - and then you can make the choice. Smile

Take Care!!
ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

AcaciaConfusedYah
#22 Posted : 2/26/2019 6:37:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

For those who were interested in reclaiming solvent - here is the starter thread.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...=961549&#post961549

I will add pictures.... sometime in the future! I can promise I won't add them in the past...

Take Care!
ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

PREV12