We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Aqua acacia concentration for a/b Options

Fractalus
#1 Posted : 2/9/2019 3:49:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hi friends!
how concentrate 1k of acrb soup can be for pulling?
is 1L is too much or one's can condence it to 500ml?
in assuming one's filter it with vac.filter and using pure h20
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Brennendes Wasser
#2 Posted : 2/12/2019 10:39:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

You mean that you got the soup from 1 kg of bark?

Well 1 kg of Bark converted into 1L soup is pretty fine. If using a 1L decanting funnel 1L is good number, as the real volume is 1,3 L and therefore it still has space for the pulling solvent.

I guess you did it like this:

Cook 1 kg of acrb in water, then discard the solids. The volume of water used would be easily like 5 L in my opinion if it was not REALLY thick. Therefore if you have reduced your solution already by 5x, then it should be definetly good.

I reduce it like 5x-8x and never had problems with a too weak pull while extracting with Non-Polar Solvent.

KloudQ7
#3 Posted : 2/13/2019 6:44:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I once concentrated my tea too much (about 200 Mls from a kg) and the spice crystalized in the hot naptha instantly after shaking. It kind of messed me up at first making it hard to separate from the basic liquid, but after some adjustments I managed to get 75% of the dmt to crash out just minutes after putting the solvent in the crystalizing jar. This also helped to separate the alkaloids because everything that came out in the freeze precipitation was the goo. I'd say there's pros and cons to making your brew thick or thin but is long as you can easily mix your soup and solvent there shouldn't be a problem.

Fractalus
#4 Posted : 2/16/2019 5:27:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks you guys very much!!!
do you think that a GOOD stirrer will handle the concentrated soup of lets say 1k in to 500ml?
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

Brennendes Wasser
#5 Posted : 2/16/2019 9:37:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Well the thing is:

AFTER the discard of all solids you should always have your solution filtered.

This means: After you combined all the liquids from your cook, definetly let it flow through an 1/2 cotton t-shirt to get rid of little particles. They destroy the separation process with Naphtha if they are too much. At this stage I recommend filtering the BIG particles (what you have when you work with shredded and not powdered bark - which I recommend) with a sieve and THEN use that t-shirt as it will not clogg so fast.

I guess in any way you may have also filtered your original liquids.

But then when concentrating, more stuff precipitates. This is again just red sludgy stuff which can be discarded, but when you concentrate it and then more junk starts to crash out you need to let it flow again through a cotton T-Shirt (or something similar).

But keep attention to squeeze the junk inside that T-Shirt too to get most of the liquid out of it. Every liquid stuff contains Goodies so you want to separate the junk as good as possible.

And THEN if you filtered your stuff well and there are no precipitates / sludgy stuff / whatever, then your soup will be 100 % liquid with no particles. So this means as long as you always filter the solution from sludgy junk, you solution will be definetly be stirrable by your stirrer.

A high concentration of dissolved molecules in your soup will NOT make it viscous / not-stirrable. Only if (too much) solid particles are left in the soup, then it becomes visous.

Also having a lot of particles in your soup will highly increase the time for the layer Separation of Naphtha + Soup ...

1k bark to 500 ml is quite much, so can't say this from experience, but any reason why you could NOT stirr it would be that you have too much particles in it and those can be filtered off, as said.

But keep in mind that there must be a special concentration when even Spice crashs out ...
0,5 kg Bark to 500 ml is no problem I think, 1 kg should be fine also. But just keep this in mind. Thumbs up