We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Cannabis - Reducing Usage. Options

Spiced
#21 Posted : 12/17/2009 10:05:54 AM

Terra Incognita

۩ wrote:

If I wanted to quit, I would drink caapi often :]

Can't do that, i'm still on some SSRI's at the moment, not much, just the half of a quarter of a pill (Seroxat), i hope to be rid of it by summer, i'm confident that i will.

'Coatl wrote:
I used to smoke all day every day... but I made myself a rule that I only smoked after 9pm, that seemed to help me reduce it alot.

I got this far already Razz, i kept myself from smoking untill the evening, that wasn't much of a problem, unless there's friends around who smoke, then i'd join them.

trancepants wrote:
My dreams are back! I feel more aware, and less foggy.

My dreams were never gone, i dream very vivid every day, always in the morning, man , i actually wish that i wouldn't dream for once, it draws a lot of energy.
I think if my dreams would become any more vivid i wouldn't recognize reality anymore.

No seriously, i dream every single day, no exceptions, and many themes on a row, it can be very annoying, i even asked my doctor how i could stop dreaming, but he suggested that i'd take passiflora extract, wich doesn't help me at all.

kemist wrote:

Reducing usage doesn`t work IF YOU CAN CONTROL IT! JUST STOP SMOKING IT !!!! I mean FULL STOP !!!!

Wow, thanks so much for your input Kemist, i have no doubt in my mind that what you suggest here will get me rid of weed for life,; it seems a lot like brainwashing. Razz
I meant that in a possitive way.
But i can't do that, as i mentioned i'm on SSRI's, so i can't play around with Mao inhibiters, also mescaline is very expensive here, if it wasn't i would have done it for sure, i wan't to try mescaline for a very long time but it didn't happen yet.

But the other tips i can use ofcoarse, like you said, autosuggestion will help me a lot, and i already see lots of negativety concerning cannabis, and still i'm drawn to it, i guess that's addiction huh?

DMTtripn2Space wrote:
SWIM bought a vaporizer and hasnt looked back ever since. No smoke. No cough. Very different high..Very clean, straight, euphoric experience. The tiring comwdown is wiped virtually to zero. It's very refreshing quite honestly.
quote]

Wow, you seem to have a very active life, i look up to that, i can't understand that you still have time to smoke. Razz

I have a vaporizer myself, but i'm not to happy with the effects, they are way to soft, so i haven't used it much more then maybe 20 times in the 3 years i own it, like you said, very different high, way to soft imo.

Cheeto wrote:
I must ask, how long has it been sence you quit smoking tobacco??

...and smoke a few times through the day, staying high all day... very lazy and lack of motivation...

I quit smoking tobacco 4 years ago i think, and i smoked a lot less weed then when i was smoking with tobacco, i mean a LOT less, the tobacco was the most addictive part, now weed is addictive too, but more mentally.

I've been there too, i smoked weed throughout the whole day, in order to maintain my state of mind, but like you said, in social situations it's a pain in the ass, sometimes i could have very good coversations with friends, but from the moment we decided to smoke, things changed, got borring and such, a whole different vibe, not always, but most of the time it is like that.

mogascreeta wrote:

(then i started thinking as sobriety as a high itself and weed as a low.Rolling eyes

Exactly, weed makes me feel low, and sobriety makes me feel high, actually, when you smoke everyday, you realize that sobriety can be a drug to, cause your reality is constantly in stoned mode, so it's hard to know how sobriety feels like anymore, i noticed that when i decided to only smoke in the evening.

[quote=ms_manic_minxx]
Do not forget to address the inner issues. Definitely spend time reflecting on the problem in a way you find best.

Thank you Minxx for this inspirational post, it speaks to my imagination, i was thinking about buying some Blue Lotus to blend with my spice before, but now i will buy some and try to smoke it pure, i heard positive things about Blue Lotus before.
Do you think they sell this also at health stores or should i order it, from a smart shop?

I am spending more time meditating now, yesterday i spend 50 minutes, and i was supprised how much more energetic i felt afterwards, it's like loading up your batteries, better then sleep imo, cause it's a conscious thing, after sleeping i still feel tired, after meditation i feel fresh. Very happy

Thank you all so much, all by all i must add in full shame that yesterday, after 3 days and a half i couldn't resist the temptation of taking a few drags (only 3 drags) of a joint when i had some people on visit that smoked some weed, i know it was stupid, and i felt guilty as hell after that, like i had no backbone or something, but i now know that i just have to do my best just a little more when other people smoke around me,they didn't push me at all, it was my choice, but i failed.

I am ashamed to admid this, i really am, but i think i now learned that i need to try harder, and just resist it next time, it was a learning experience, i know i felt bad about it, so it won't happen again, especially not when there are so many people here that are so kind to make an effort to help me out, i owe it to those people and to myself.

Thank you all, i will do something with all the wise words that are spread here.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Spiced
#22 Posted : 12/17/2009 10:09:04 AM

Terra Incognita

I kinda messed up my quoting here, i hope it's still clear...

kemist
#23 Posted : 12/17/2009 12:30:34 PM

John

Spiced wrote:

Wow, thanks so much for your input Kemist, i have no doubt in my mind that what you suggest here will get me rid of weed for life,; it seems a lot like brainwashing. Razz
I meant that in a possitive way.
But i can't do that, as i mentioned i'm on SSRI's, so i can't play around with Mao inhibiters, also mescaline is very expensive here, if it wasn't i would have done it for sure, i wan't to try mescaline for a very long time but it didn't happen yet.

But the other tips i can use ofcoarse, like you said, autosuggestion will help me a lot, and i already see lots of negativety concerning cannabis, and still i'm drawn to it, i guess that's addiction huh?

Aw sorry I missed that bit. Of course when you on bloody SSRI`s you have to get rid of them first.

ILPT used weed to get rid of tobacco addiction (2 years ago) and alcohol addiction.

In both situation he used lot of autosuggestion which helped very much, but honestly he needed weed to help him to get rid of these habbits

Same story with weed. He needed thh and mescaline to help him get rid of weed addiction.

Perhaps it would be easier for you as it seems you not as addicted as ILPT was.

Last 4-5 years he smoked EVERY single day many times. He tried to reduced usage but it never worked. crawing for weed were always back and hit him with even greater vengance Crying or very sad

You don`t necessarily need mescaline, first time wqhen ILPT quit he used DMT(read my second post) just simply whenever cravings come he vaped some DMT, or smoked some enhanced damiana and all was good, soo good

Definitelly you need to get off your SSRI medication and then you can start with this process.

Honestly the main thing in this process is Suggestion and willigness to stop. Without it you`ll never get rid of ANY addiction

Good luck and God bless

As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

ismokecrystals
#24 Posted : 12/17/2009 1:45:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've noticed a trend of DMT users to avoid cannabis.
Cannabis also (often) causes decreases in dreams.
I've also notice it adversely affects a DMT trip.

I love cannabis probably more than the next guy (grower) but I can't shake the negatives i've been noticing.

Like 'coatl said, smoking after 6pm or whatever has greatly helped me cutdown.

I would recommend to NEVER WAKE AND BAKE. That is what will destroy you; it may feel good but don't do it.

Cheeto
#25 Posted : 12/17/2009 4:21:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Differnet people are different people, they do things different, experience things different. But it seems maybe some of you just have bad will power, i really hate to hear people report stoping smoking weed is compairable to crack. I understand the negative side effects, but i would say that is from abuse, not use. Anything can be abused and cause problems, even DMT. That being said, if MJ is "addictive" to you, i wouldn't suggest doing any drug. MJ and DMT are both hallucinogens, and most hallucinogens are well known to not be chemmically addictive, with the exception of one or a few.
They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

burnt
#26 Posted : 12/17/2009 5:20:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

The only way to quit using a drug is to stop using that drug. Don't use other drugs to help you quit the drug you want to quit. Sure a psychedelic experience can inspire you to quit. But you could easily just spark up the next day.

My advice is you want to quit weed is just take a month off. If its hard that just means you've formed quite a strong habit. But anyone can quit any drug anytime (except benzo's and alcohol becuase the withdrawl can kill you and you need to be monitored). Then try it again after a month see if it effects you the same.

So many people make excuses to themselves "oh ill quit after I have this awesome vacation or after I do this awesome drug". That mentality usually fails.

mogascreeta
#27 Posted : 12/17/2009 5:21:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ismokecrystals wrote:
I've noticed a trend of DMT users to avoid cannabis.
Cannabis also (often) causes decreases in dreams.
I've also notice it adversely affects a DMT trip.

I love cannabis probably more than the next guy (grower) but I can't shake the negatives i've been noticing.

Like 'coatl said, smoking after 6pm or whatever has greatly helped me cutdown.

I would recommend to NEVER WAKE AND BAKE. That is what will destroy you; it may feel good but don't do it.

for me cannabis 30min before dmt always enhanced my trip incredibly. my buddies would always say i was laughing and "making sounds like i was fuckin'" i dont really remember making these sounds, but i do remember to trip being much more welcoming and fun than without cannabis.

also about the wake and bake, you are 100% right on that one.
"I'm creeping back to life, my nervous system all awry, I'm wearing the inside out. Look at him now, he's paler somehow, but he's coming round. He's starting to choke It's been so long since he spoke, well he can have the words right from my mouth. And with these words I can see, clear through the clouds that covered me, Just give it time then speak my name. now we can hear ourselves again" Pink Floyd- Wearing the Inside Out
Mogascreeta is a pathological liar and should not be taken seriously under any circumstance.

jamie
#28 Posted : 12/17/2009 5:23:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"I've noticed a trend of DMT users to avoid cannabis."

I have had absolutily beautiful changa experiences only to feel full on panicky durring the afterglow..always when I smoked weed first or smoked changa with cannabis in it..

Durring the breakthrough I am too blissed out and gone for it to effect me..but the harmalas in the changa always seemed to react really poorly with the cannabinoids and increase all the negative effects for me durring the afterglow period..

Once I stopped I started having the best DMT trips of my life and I noticed that the afterglow was completely differnt. Alot of people get anxiety on psychedelics..and I have seen it time and time again come up for people right after they smoke cannabis..I used to eat mushrooms all the time see this. ALot of people probabily have this negative association with psychedelics that is due to mixing with cannabis.

I remember how much nicer and more friendly my first mushroom trip was where I did not smoke any weed..I still went deep but it lacked the sketched out edgyness that cannabis always added to it..same with mescaline..last time I took torch some old lady on the beach that I know smoked a joint with me,,I had not smoked in weeks and after 1 hit I started to forget that fact and kept smoking and it was like the whole trip turned on my and I had to take off on my other friend who ate some mushrooms..I grabbed my pack and my skimboard and ran off into the woods for hour hours!..my freind did not know where I had gone and was geting worried..but I couldnt deal with anything I just had to get away right then.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#29 Posted : 12/17/2009 5:27:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"So many people make excuses to themselves "oh ill quit after I have this awesome vacation or after I do this awesome drug". That mentality usually fails."

Yes this is true..I told myself that for a long time until I finally had had it. But if you are motivated to quit it is easier..to me the anxiety from cannabis just wasnt worth it anymore..

I experienced all the negatives people here talk about..except for the anti social parts..it never made me really anti social, I sort of am that way anyway..Id still rather sit at home and read a book or something that go out and party..depends on the party though.

It wasnt like that for me when I started smoking..I dunno why it was good in the beginning I really liked weed alot. It taught me alot but the tryptamines just give me soo much more.
Long live the unwoke.

۩
#30 Posted : 12/17/2009 5:37:44 PM

i haven't been able to quit for almost 10 years now. life without it hurts. wish it didn't, but oh well.

kemist
#31 Posted : 12/17/2009 5:40:37 PM

John

Cheeto wrote:
Differnet people are different people, they do things different, experience things different. But it seems maybe some of you just have bad will power, i really hate to hear people report stoping smoking weed is compairable to crack. I understand the negative side effects, but i would say that is from abuse, not use. Anything can be abused and cause problems, even DMT. That being said, if MJ is "addictive" to you, i wouldn't suggest doing any drug. MJ and DMT are both hallucinogens, and most hallucinogens are well known to not be chemmically addictive, with the exception of one or a few.

that's just bollocs my friend. Psychedelics having very little of abusive potencial. Mescaline probabaly the most but ilpt just cannot imagine to trip as often as he was stoned. DMT is a king a very powerfull halucinogene anybody who's only try to abuse it gonna soon or later learn his lesson. Ilpt know potheads having milions of excuses for their bloody stinky weed habit. Ilpt was one of them. Blaming on psychedelics that's just pathetic. Weed is addictive psychedelics NOT !
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

kemist
#32 Posted : 12/17/2009 5:51:27 PM

John

fractal enchantment wrote:
I experienced all the negatives people here talk about..except for the anti social parts..it never made me really anti social, I sort of am that way anyway..Id still rather sit at home and read a book or something that go out and party..depends on the party though.
you are very similar person as ILPT is fractal.
you have to use more mescaline man that stuff is sooo socializing you just cannot be on your own. It's a social glue. Very good stuff.

jamie
#33 Posted : 12/17/2009 6:16:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cheeto wrote:

I have heard many people make that claim..except in reality I actaully think that cannabis is mildy physically addictive, but it takes a while to get to that point..occasional use wont do it...and there have been members here who know alot more about the science behind it than I do that have explained this in other thread..though it's nothing like crack..thats rediculous.
I did experience mild physical withdrawl for about 3 days when I quit..that was NOT psychological..but it was mild and nothing like other addictive substances..and I dont think cannabis causes any real long term damage..it's quite benign in those respects..nothing like alcohol or tobacco.

But honestly...out of all the people I have met in my entire life that smoke cannabis..very very few of them smoke it occasionsally..most of them smoke it all day and cannot go without it..they avoid travelling to places where they cannot get it even for a few days and get real down and dont seem to be able to feel happy when it's not there.

Then I look at people that use psychedelics like the tryptamines and mescaline etc..they are NOT like that..they can easily go a week or 2 without them and still remain happy with a positve/energetic and enthusiastic outlook in day to day reality without having to take anything.

I NEVER feel the urge to smoke DMT the way I used to smoke weed. The positive after effects of the tryptamines seem to be so much more benificial than weed for me personally and they extend into my life in a way that cannabis did not.

You just cannot compare them that way at all..they are pharmacologically completely different and if you take a look at the populations that use these things you will find in general a huge difference in the way they are used..I can smoke DMT once a day for a few days and then it's like I just feel over it for a week or so..even one a day is nothing compared to how most people I know use cannabis..it an all day thing. DMT also does not make me feel stung out the way cannabis did and the experience is much shorter..so smoking once a day is like a 15-20 minute thing..

I am not saying it's wrong to smoke weed..do whatever you want, there are a hell of alot of worse things once could be doing..and it's different if you are using it for some sort of medical ailment.

For me it just is not worth it to use that often. I smoke 2 times a month and I am fine. I dont feel drawn to it more than that or have urges even when it's available..which is every day my brother smokes all the time but I just have no desire.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#34 Posted : 12/17/2009 6:22:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"I understand the negative side effects, but i would say that is from abuse, not use."

Well yes..thats the thing...everyone I know smokes constantly..I cannot smoke AT ALL with these people anymore..I will only smoke on certain occasions with my best friend..because I get soo stoned that i basically have a trip. It becomes very entheogenic and if I smoked ocasionally with other people id freak out..they dont understand what it can do when there is no tolerance. It would be cool if more people used it this way but that seems to be a very rare thing.
Long live the unwoke.

kemist
#35 Posted : 12/17/2009 7:09:05 PM

John

ILPT is not saying that weed is bad either. It just unfortunately has very high abusive potencial.Same as alcohol, tobacco, crack, heroin etcetc Maybe one day when he`ll get very old and retired and has nothing to do he will grow few plants and eat or smoke it again

Weed is not for young people it taking ideals Ilpt see some of his young friends spending all their money on weed. Surely he is happier when see them to smoke rather then drink or sniff but it`s sad. They should doing some art or sport or something what fulfilling the soul no just getting stoned

ILPT love chemistry and it`s his hobby Now it went down to Extracting mostly but still loads and loads to explore. When he used to smoke weed her wasn`t that active he just browse this board with no much interest and done like one extraction for half year. It was rubbish even his thinking wasn`t constructive, all shit

Surely if you can control your usage then do it but ILPT CAN`T and many other people CAN`T

When talking weed he mostly talking about CBD CBN and sometimes THC

He believes that some strains could contain THCV which is very powerfull and it could be classified as a psychedelic but in 11 years of smoking he encountered psychedelic weed only once 1 single times out of hundred thousands. So no weed is not psychedelic and yes is addictive

Pure THC could enrich people especially at the begining or if not used frequently but definitely not CBD and CBN they are just mind poisons killers of creativity, all bad Sad

Cheeto
#36 Posted : 12/17/2009 7:32:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
"I understand the negative side effects, but i would say that is from abuse, not use."

Well yes..thats the thing...everyone I know smokes constantly..I cannot smoke AT ALL with these people anymore..I will only smoke on certain occasions with my best friend..because I get soo stoned that i basically have a trip. It becomes very entheogenic and if I smoked ocasionally with other people id freak out..they dont understand what it can do when there is no tolerance. It would be cool if more people used it this way but that seems to be a very rare thing.

I get what your saying, and yes, the majority of people do abuse it, trully every day would be abuse, even if only once a day. I know it does have somewhat withdraws, like sleeping problems, but i think thats connected to the energy drain of it as it is abused, it does make you lazy if abused, and once quiting you have way more energy which would cause sleeping problems.

Hard core triping drugs are less likely to be abused(I feel) because its an intense experience, i always feel very drained after acid and shrooms, and don't feel right for days. DMT could be different because its not such a long experience. But also, to agree with you i admit, i can smoke some weed and feel the mild effects for days, just not as strong.

But, addiction to things that aren't chemmically addictive shows lack of self control, though DMT may be better than mj, as for habit forming. But honestly, masterbating can be addictive, bighting your finger nails can be addictive, on a mind state. Anything you enjoy can be addictive, as you enjoy something, more dopamine is being released in your brain. People with addictive personalities tend to think with the pleasure part of the brain rather than the rational part(So i saw on a show, i'm not very educated in this)

MJ could have a high rate for abuse because you can get high and still manage to complete normal tasks, because its a mild high and cheap and easily obtained drug. And the stonger effects don't last that long.

It has been proved to have mild withdraw effects, but like i said, besides that your main addiction to it is due to your habbit forming, your high for so long that it dosen't feel right to be straight, somewhat like cigs but no where near as bad. But by anymeans, if you don't feel its for you then its not for you, if you cannot control your use then its not for you, i don't recomend any drug if you can't control how much you use it.

I just kinda stepped in because some of the storys seem like people are trying to come off of crack, that to me suggests addictive personality, and is likely that your next drug of choice will be abused as well. Though i hear your story, it was a good move to you, and your new drug seems to not have an addictive grip on you. But you have broke the habbit addiction weed had on you, i'm sure you could even start back and make sure you don't abuse it with no problems at all, like smoke once a week, and only one time, not a day full. Not in any way suggesting it, but i have faith you could without falling back into abusing it.

That said, DMT i'm sure has a less abusive risk, you are correct there, and MJ does have risk to be abused, not saying it dosen't.

Oh, i see you do ocasionally smoke now, see, i knew you could do it!
They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

Cheeto
#37 Posted : 12/17/2009 7:43:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i actually heard that pure THC was more dangerous as to causeing psychotic problems, or something like that.

All weed to me is slightly hallucinogenic, and it is labeled a hallucinogen(So they said in school). I see bright colors and even slight waves everytime i smoke.

kemist
#38 Posted : 12/17/2009 7:45:19 PM

John

No many people seems to know difference between indvidual canabinoids.

Weed high in THC makes you high

Weed high in CBN/CBD makes you stoned

Who knows something about THCV canabivirine Does it really exist They are few very psychedelic weeds out there. ILPT dying to know more about THCV and people who experienced strongly psychedelic weed wit loads of closed eyes visuals etc. He does only once in his life

Cheeto
#39 Posted : 12/17/2009 7:53:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Maybe its just not psychedelic to you, i can't confirm, but i've heard of people that claim shooms aren't psychedelic to them, they seemed honest, and claim to have took them alot. They claim they just got high and laughed alot.

But like i said, even as a heavy abuser for over 10years with only rare breaks, smoking from the time i get up to an hour before i go to bed, every time i smoke its psychedelic, colors and waves, and yes, CEV's.

'Coatl
#40 Posted : 12/17/2009 8:02:06 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
Reducing usage doesn`t work IF YOU CAN CONTROL IT! JUST STOP SMOKING IT !!!! I mean FULL STOP !!!!

Why? Cannabis is one of the best psychoactives EVER!

As long as your not addicted to it and smoking it every single day then your fine.

Smoking it about 5 times a month is great!

If you do it like that, it's much more entheogenic and insightful.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

PREV123NEXT