We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ocimum micranthum admixture? Options

Auxin
#1 Posted : 1/27/2019 7:54:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was plotting this years garden and I found some old brazilian Ocimum micranthum seed.
I know its used as a tea for a general tonic and for pain relief and I know it was noted as a ayahuasca admixture of unspecified purpose.
Has this plant ever been further explored?
Just what does it do in aya?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

tregar
#2 Posted : 1/30/2019 1:30:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The plant you mention Ocimum micranthum does not appear to be in wikipedia? but is an odd basil from Peru, traditionally used in cooking there. Leaves are unlike common basil, with a unique smell that has resulted in a number of medicinal uses. How nice that you found brazilian Ocimum micranthum seed while plotting your garden.

You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 1/30/2019 5:03:19 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

tregar wrote:
The plant you mention Ocimum micranthum is not even in wikipedia

Check for synonyms: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocimum_campechianum

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Auxin
#4 Posted : 1/30/2019 6:45:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The essential oil composition seems to vary from place to place.
Unlike the ecuadorian strain tested, strains from pará, brazil were found to contain a substantial amount of methyleugenol and in some cases elemicin (1) and the seeds I have are from just east of there. But I gather that it was seen used as an aya admixture far to the south of there so I dont know what the picture would be down there.
Reading over the ethnobotany, my first guess was that it was added to help with pain or arthritis, etc. or to strengthen weak patients but looking at the structures of methyleugenol and elemicin (non-alkaloid precursors to the amphetamine analogs of DMPEA and mescaline) I wonder if select varieties are used as actual visionary-modifying admixtures.
Who knew basils could be so interesting Laughing

I have some of the (very old) seed in a petri dish now, with luck I can spread fresh seed around in the fall. I'm also trying to revive some old vana tulsi collected in gujarat, india in 1962 so I can compare the two as tonic teas and spices.