We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV567
Resin Update Options

Mr.Peabody
#121 Posted : 2/6/2013 3:28:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, I was doing that, but I was also blending it. It makes for a pain in the ass to filter, and my resin was not nearly that pretty.

Basically, I'll do the chunk method next time.
Be an adult only when necessary.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

cyantific
#122 Posted : 2/6/2013 4:15:15 AM

Journeyman

After reading this thread... https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=9467
I'm considering mixing my resin with hot water and acetone to remove proteins and cellulose. I'm still unclear, does the acetone wash remove alkaloids ?

cyantific
#123 Posted : 2/14/2013 11:28:25 PM

Journeyman

Well the resin I made with Pedro was weak. I ate 25 grams of it and felt very little. I believe the procedure is good, but the cacti was weak. I'll try again with bridgesii.

DeDao
#124 Posted : 2/15/2013 12:54:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So there is 100% confirmation that this works?
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Kash
#125 Posted : 2/15/2013 1:57:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

DeDao wrote:
So there is 100% confirmation that this works?

DeDao, have you read the first few pages of this topic? There are multiple confirmations.

Glad you ressurrected this thread cyantific, hadnt seen it before.

SWIM was thinking of doing a procedure similar to this before ever seeing it was a topic lol, though he never thought to cook the cacti as chunks. Good to know the results to expect. Making a mesc extract from an easy resin would drastically reduce the amount of base and solvent that is required in the common STB, and would probably eliminate all the emulsions as well. This is nice.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

DeDao
#126 Posted : 2/15/2013 3:31:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am in disbelief! This is very interesting! Great find! Smile
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

ipumaestro
#127 Posted : 2/15/2013 5:53:39 PM

catdestined

blend fresh cactus
pressure cooker @15psi for 45 min (3-4 times)
let settle overnight
pour off
*reduce *
evap
= resin

during the *reduction* one can decide how much liquid they care to use with non polar solvents, if resin is no the objective

achuma puma

Kash
#128 Posted : 2/15/2013 10:37:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ipumaestro wrote:
blend fresh cactus
pressure cooker @15psi for 45 min (3-4 times)
let settle overnight
pour off
*reduce *
evap
= resin

during the *reduction* one can decide how much liquid they care to use with non polar solvents, if resin is no the objective

Right, but the point is that you dont have all that cacti sludge and fine sediment to worry about by cutting it chunks instead of blending. Instead you get a nice worry free golden resin without having to perform filterings and/or decanting.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

ipumaestro
#129 Posted : 2/15/2013 11:51:55 PM

catdestined

ipuma suggests that the effort it would take to circumvent the separation of insolubles would be eclipsed by the effort it takes to extract all the alkaloids without properly macerating the plant/ lysing the cells
achuma puma

Mr.Peabody
#130 Posted : 2/17/2013 2:18:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I dunno, it seems like it probably gets it almost as well. If the chunks are no longer bitter, that sounds good to me. I think maybe the good stuff will migrate through the vascular tissue of the cactus. The plants are made to transport nutrients efficiently in aqueous solution, so it seems to me this would still work to transport the good stuff out.

It's worth a try, because I really hate filtering. Plus, that resin looks like such a pretty golden color, it seems like it would be less nausea provoking.
Be an adult only when necessary.

Kash
#131 Posted : 2/17/2013 3:46:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ipumaestro wrote:
ipuma suggests that the effort it would take to circumvent the separation of insolubles would be eclipsed by the effort it takes to extract all the alkaloids without properly macerating the plant/ lysing the cells

Not really, SWIM is doing an extraction like this. He said that everything is proceeding perfectly and each pull is pulling a nice golden color. After 5 pulls, he hasnt had to do more than decant, it is incredibly easy. He has ended up with a nice golden amber brown color broth after condensing 4ft of cacti.

nicechrisman
#132 Posted : 2/17/2013 4:07:06 AM

Kin

Mr.Peabody wrote:
I dunno, it seems like it probably gets it almost as well. If the chunks are no longer bitter, that sounds good to me. I think maybe the good stuff will migrate through the vascular tissue of the cactus. The plants are made to transport nutrients efficiently in aqueous solution, so it seems to me this would still work to transport the good stuff out.

It's worth a try, because I really hate filtering. Plus, that resin looks like such a pretty golden color, it seems like it would be less nausea provoking.

I haven't tried doing the blending method yet. So far have just worked with chunks. Most of the traditional prep methods that I've found work with chunks rather than blending.

That said, I think blending would probably be more efficient for removing all the alkaloyds. If cleaner tea is the goal, I bet one could decant their tea (I do this even from chunks) to clarify it and get all the gunk to settle.
Nagdeo

DeDao
#133 Posted : 2/18/2013 12:18:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So when you guys say "pour off into a tray or dish" do you mean to literally pour the tea ( without the material) on a dish and just let it evap naturally?? I may try this next weekend.

Kash
#134 Posted : 2/18/2013 5:39:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pretty much. Simmer, strain & save liquid, freeze cacti, repeat... After enough pulls combine all liquid and reduce down to small volume then pour on a plate and let it evap with a fan.

ipumaestro
#135 Posted : 2/18/2013 8:09:54 PM

catdestined

when one pours off from each water extraction (tea) they ought to the liquid into a columular container so that the sediment may settle far away from the majority of the volume. ive found that letting the solution sit for a few hours is adequate, however if let sit for a few days/ week insolubles precipitate out of the solution and become separatable.

typically i decant each extraction as im performing the next extraction. then combine all preliminarily decanted pulls into one and evap down to a few hundred mls. let this sit over night (or longer) and decant again. re extract all the substrates from all decants with another amount of acidic water and decant once more to ensure minimum loss during decants. performing this final culmative extraction on decanted insolubles lets an extractor not need to worry about capturing all decanted solution prior to this.

i like to pour off the top 80 percent of everything so that my solution is arguably clear of insolubles, with the remaining 20 percent one would simply add more water and decant another 80 percent this would leave a percent of loss to be 20% of 20% ( =4%)

achuma puma

Kash
#136 Posted : 2/19/2013 12:57:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ipuma, thats the point of cutting into chunks, there is no fine sediment to deal with. You strain, reduce, and bam good 2 go! Give it a try works wonders.

ipumaestro
#137 Posted : 2/19/2013 3:39:04 AM

catdestined

ipuma will try the chunk method again sometime, he originally did that however his thoroughness of cooking is not what it currently is and is probably the main factor as to why those experiences werent as strong as his more recent purees
achuma puma

hostilis
#138 Posted : 2/26/2013 5:29:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great find House. Good work.
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

«PREV567