We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Resin Update Options

Bancopuma
#21 Posted : 1/16/2010 5:49:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I finally got to test some resin from the tek...needless to say, I'm VERY impressed.

This resin was produced from a not particularly old home grow Peruvian torch, so I assumed it would be of low potency.

Followed this tek, may have let the water simmer for too long, so thought that might decrease potency.

A few hours ago I washed down a few grams (am afraid I can't provide a weight, had a scale but no batteries!) of resin with some coffee (equivalent to around 3 peas worth), 300mg theobromine, 3 Datura stranomium seeds, and 100mg 5THP.

Well to start with my stomach was in a bit of pain...I'm not one who likes to whine, but it was pretty uncomfortable, never had it from mescaline or cactus before (once when I ate too much powder in capsules, but meditated it away, which was interesting). Maybe something to with the combo of things.

Nausea very low key though, and this uncomfortable feeling didn't last long...

Now a few hours later, I'm FLYING. Euphoria, energy, clarity, colours enhanced, and even some gentle closed and open eye visuals! Ive got a body high I didn't get from the acetate. Lovely, feels like my brain is floating in a cloud. Definitely stronger than any of my acetate experiences, although I didn't go above 250mg I think, which ain't that much.

Any desire I might have had for MDMA has GONE. THIS is where it is at. Mescaline or cactus ain't just a substitute for MDMA, it is in my opinion far superior.

I think its still building as well... Very happy

Needless to say, I'm done with the limonene tek..all that extra kerfuffle (and money) just ain't worth it. And this tek is so goddamn easy! VERY impressed...Wink

So yeah, muchos gracias for the heads up on this...I would encourage any fellow mescalito warriors to give this tek a try if they haven't already...god knows what it will be like with potent cactus...wow...

Peace out, ya'll! Cool

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

soulfood
#22 Posted : 1/16/2010 6:23:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Bancopuma wrote:

Any desire I might have had for MDMA has GONE. THIS is where it is at. Mescaline or cactus ain't just a substitute for MDMA, it is in my opinion far superior.

Innit Smile

balaganist
#23 Posted : 1/20/2010 10:10:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would just like to add my piece here... over a couple days or so I have been boiling and reducing (in a food dehydrator) a couple of handfuls of dried torch. 3 boils so far. Used citric acid granules as I did not have fresh lemon. Today, I collected most of the resin from the 3rd boil. I also had some stuck to a couple of other glass plates form the previous reductions.. I basically dissolved the remnants in hot water to clean the plates (was mostly from the 3rd boil) ... at a guess maybe a gram or two of resin, not sure.. I added it to some mate tea with some honey.... yuck!! managed to get it all down the hatch. I was feeling a bit low this morning, anxious about a couple things going on in my life atm.

Went about my day. Felt it coming on gently about an hour in. Spent the daytime with a friend talking and listening to his music, felt it coming on quite strong at times... was lovely tho, very warm and gentle, with nice feeling in the muscles, felt more complete than when I have extracted, more fuzzy and physical. Def felt some low-level healing going on.

Later on I had a Tai Chi class, which I just came back from. Wow, doing Tai Chi with cactus power inside me was amazing... really felt the chi flowing, very clear and intentional in my movements.

I am now feeling very much at peace and regained my joyfulness, I did not expect the cleaning remnants to do so much!
I'm really looking forward to doing a large dose of the resin one day soon with a good friend, go walking in the woods or something Smile
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

'Coatl
#24 Posted : 1/20/2010 11:57:03 PM

Teotzlcoatl

How can you be sure that these white/yellow crystals are mescaline? Whos to say they aren't some other compound?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Frenzal
#25 Posted : 1/21/2010 1:04:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah my second cousin twice removed and thrice returned is quite liking this resin.

A second stew of his cactus material (with less lemon added) produced two and a half grams of a 'slighly less gooey than last time' substance and not quite half a gram of nice, light brown powder.

He ate it and reported low dose effects, pretty similar to those achieved from his first effort.

He plans a third cook up, but isn't holding his breath on great results as he noticed the cactus material had lost its bitterness by the end of the second cook.

Bancopuma
#26 Posted : 1/22/2010 10:26:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have to agree with you balaganist...the cactus resin for me as well felt more 'complete', than the acetate...I won't be bothering with that again. And I had a nice physical body buzz going on that was very pleasant and much lower key with the acetate.

Bancopuma
#27 Posted : 1/23/2010 4:36:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm ok well earlier today I had 1g of very nice crystally resin from a home grown Peruvian torch, and some San Pedro. I have no idea of the potency of either cactus, but have no reason to believe that they are particularly potent.

The resin has been drying all week over a heat mat with a fan. I've been at uni during the week and hadn't been able to remove the resin from the heat source. I was a bit gutted thinking that the dry heat would have destroyed much of the alkaloids.

So anyway I had 2 '00' gelcaps, around a gram of resin earlier today, just to test...ALONE...no Datura seeds, theobromine, or even caffeine in the form of tea/coffee.

Got a bit of stomach discomfort for a short time...no nausea...but that has long since past.

Amazing. Feels like I've had at least 100mg of acetate extract, but this feels 'fluffier', softer and more soothing then the acetate, with a nice body buzz. And its still building! In my opinion this resin is definitely superior to the acetate extracts. I'm very impressed that such a small quantity, having being exposed to some level of heating for 5 days, from cacti of questionable potency, can produce a resin of this potency.

So I'm one happy chappy. Thanks ya'll for the info and good vibes... Very happy

Bancopuma
#28 Posted : 1/24/2010 6:58:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiiiiii, me again!

Apologies, not wanting to dry hump this thread to death, but just wanna share some updated observations on the resin.

I tried 2g of resin, with nothing else psychoactive taken, around lunch time today (not long after waking up to be honest...brutally late night, but thats another story).

Fantastic! Yesterday I took 1g, followed by another 1g, 5 hours later, while today I had 2g at once...a little stomach discomfort, but very short lasting, and no nausea...much more powerful than yesterday, with this just awesome glowing, soothing, positive and fluffy euphoria...great stuff! And need I remind you that I have no reason to suspect the cactus used was particularly potent, and I think the resin may have also been overheated (on a low heat though mind).

So the thought of repeating this tek, with some potent Peruvian torch, NOT letting it overheat, and having Spring and Summer evenings to indulge...fills me with excitement for future times... Wink

balaganist
#29 Posted : 1/24/2010 10:58:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha I hear ya man!!

Its the shiznit aint it.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Bancopuma
#30 Posted : 1/25/2010 12:40:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It really, really is... Very happy

Methtical
#31 Posted : 2/23/2010 1:11:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

Am wondering how these crystals and/or the resin would hold up storage wise? I;d like to give this a go, but I'd try and stockpile a bit for when the summer comes and it's desirable to go check out the woods and duck ponds an stuff. Obviously the better choice would be to perform this as and when the moment calls for it, but at the moment I have the time and resources whereas I cannot gurantee these in the near future. So how do you think these products will withstand the test of time?

Methtical

soulfood
#32 Posted : 2/23/2010 1:26:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

It seems quite solid to me. I had some for 3 months just kept in a drawer and there was no loss in potency. I'm sure if you kept it in the fridge it would keep for ages.

Methtical
#33 Posted : 2/23/2010 5:00:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Splendid, thanks.

Methtical

crakkbakk
#34 Posted : 2/24/2010 10:00:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What would happen if instead of water, alcohol was used?

Would more/less alkaloids disolve into the alcohol more/less quickly as opposed to water?

I recall making a post on another forum about making alcohol extracts of San Pedro and being shot down, it was a bad idea aparently.

If it is a bad idea, then why are people having success by boiling away the tea?

I read in the other resin thread that the resin was much better than making pure mescaline. There must be a downside to it, however, such as a loss of yeild, or something. For it to be this easy would be great.. anyone have any ideas on yeilds?

Someone could do an experiment, cut equal segments from the same cactus, strip bark, have half of it extracted as usual and the other half extracted from tea.

Their weights can be examened, bioassayed, and compared.

Hm...

Û©
#35 Posted : 2/24/2010 10:02:30 PM

You get more extract out of the "resin" or crystalline water extract (consistency depends on how well you brew) than with the limonene extracts. This has already been established.
Not sure on your alcohol question...

Touche Guevara
#36 Posted : 2/24/2010 10:12:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

crakkbakk wrote:

Would more/less alkaloids disolve into the alcohol more/less quickly as opposed to water?

I recall making a post on another forum about making alcohol extracts of San Pedro and being shot down, it was a bad idea aparently.

If it is a bad idea, then why are people having success by boiling away the tea?

I read in the other resin thread that the resin was much better than making pure mescaline. There must be a downside to it, however, such as a loss of yeild, or something. For it to be this easy would be great.. anyone have any ideas on yeilds?

Someone could do an experiment, cut equal segments from the same cactus, strip bark, have half of it extracted as usual and the other half extracted from tea.

Hm...

The resin will yield more mescaline, but it will not be pure mescaline. Some people prefer the other alkaloids to be present and this tek will preserve them. Others are after pure mescaline, and so will refine their extracts and lose some yield in the process. It's a trade-off. You have to decide for yourself whether you're more interested in seeing all that San Pedro has to offer, or whether you want to explore mescaline by itself. Whether you want to get absolutely every last bit of magic from the cactus, or whether you prefer to have to eat only a single gel cap instead of several grams of resin.

PlainCoil
#37 Posted : 2/25/2010 1:29:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Touche Guevara wrote:
crakkbakk wrote:

Hm...

The resin will yield more mescaline, but it will not be pure mescaline. Some people prefer the other alkaloids to be present and this tek will preserve them. Others are after pure mescaline, and so will refine their extracts and lose some yield in the process. It's a trade-off. You have to decide for yourself whether you're more interested in seeing all that San Pedro has to offer, or whether you want to explore mescaline by itself. Whether you want to get absolutely every last bit of magic from the cactus, or whether you prefer to have to eat only a single gel cap instead of several grams of resin.

...would like to add that one's interest in pure mescaline and one's interest in a full-spectrum resin extraction need not be mutually exclusive. If SWIY has never had pure mescaline, it is definitely worth the trouble and yield loss to try it at least once.

crakkbakk
#38 Posted : 2/25/2010 2:51:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Touche Guevara wrote:

You mean using alcohol would extract a more alkaloidal resin then water would, right?

Touche Guevara
#39 Posted : 2/25/2010 4:26:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

crakkbakk wrote:
Touche Guevara wrote:

You mean using alcohol would extract a more alkaloidal resin then water would, right?

Nobody on this forum, either in the 'resin' or the 'pure mescaline' camps, has said anything positive about alcohol extraction. Mescaline is very soluble in acidic water, alcohol just adds cost and probably reduces efficiency.

Bancopuma
#40 Posted : 2/25/2010 4:36:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was under the impression that alcohol pulls a lot of cellular debris and waxes and stuff from the cactus than water alone. While I believe mescaline is more soluble in alcohol, other non desirable components of the cactus are as well, thus the resin produced won't be any more potent, and likely much less so.

And crakkbakk, I would recommend you give this resin tek a whirl, I know it seems almost too good to be true...but it ain't!! I'm surprised all Nexians are singing the virtues of this wonderful tek from the rooftops! Wink

PREV1234NEXT»