We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Resin Update Options

۩
#1 Posted : 12/13/2009 11:12:30 PM

Hello Nexus.

I would like to report a recent finding by someone I know...

If you were to chop live pedro into fat chunks and LIGHTLY cook for a few hours then evaporated this tea by simply pouring the water out of the pot onto your dish, NOT EVEN THROUGH A FILTER

You would be able to scrape up beautiful white/yellow shiny crystals that do NOT even have the resin consistency.

Seems the resin is excess pedro material from mashing/stirring your cactus too much.

Afterward, freeze pedro and recook until no longer bitter / crystals are no longer obtained.

Cheers !

Note: These crystals are NOT to be consumed. They are for ornaMental purposes ONLY.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

kemist
#2 Posted : 12/13/2009 11:45:38 PM

John

۩ wrote:

Note: These crystals are NOT to be consumed. The are for ornaMental purposes ONLY.

HAHAHAHA that makes me laugh greatly ROFL ! you are funster bro

Anyway Someone who definitelly isn`t you actually invented natural extraction of mescaline, well done him/her Cool
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

antichode
#3 Posted : 12/14/2009 12:45:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting update house....

SWIMS friend has been thinking that dried pedro powder heaped into an espresso machine and extracted with lemon water would work quite well.

collect the liquid from each extraction and evap or just drink

Your latest update makes this idea all the more plausable

Madcap
#4 Posted : 12/14/2009 1:59:37 AM

illudium Q-36

chode... seems like house is saying that mashing the pedro is bad.. maybe you could put chunks into a large expresso stovetop pot instead.

peaches
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

antichode
#5 Posted : 12/14/2009 2:26:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

swims friend was thinking that the extraction would be done so quick, there wouldnt be time for the liquid to breakdown the cactus powder and bring over the fats or oils. If mescaline migrates to hot water so quickly, it might just work

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 12/14/2009 4:18:50 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

antichode wrote:
Interesting update house....

SWIMS friend has been thinking that dried pedro powder heaped into an espresso machine and extracted with lemon water would work quite well.

collect the liquid from each extraction and evap or just drink

Your latest update makes this idea all the more plausable

In that case, the lemon in the water would be unnecessary because water basically gets distilled and fruit acids stay back. some vinegar would work though.

Also, the cactus powder becomes goo in contact with water. How about the espresso machine? it could clog everything and even explode if enough pressure builds up.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

antichode
#7 Posted : 12/14/2009 8:19:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:

In that case, the lemon in the water would be unnecessary because water basically gets distilled and fruit acids stay back. some vinegar would work though.

SWIMS espresso machine pulls water directly and runs it through a series of hot tubes to bring it up to temp, it doesnt steam the water... So this wouldnt be an issue.

Infundibulum wrote:

Also, the cactus powder becomes goo in contact with water. How about the espresso machine? it could clog everything and even explode if enough pressure builds up.

eventually it becomes goo yes, but not straight away, and it can take on a lot of water before going completley gooey, probably more than would be needed to extract the alks..... And it would be under pressure, so water should run 'through' the material.
SWIMs espresso machine doesnt build up pressure, if the cofffee is packed too tight or too fine a grind it just wont be able to force water through, you can hear the machine trying but it would never explode.

The only reason why this wouldnt work is that alks might not migrate to the water in time, if it takes a while for that to happen then this would never work

PlainCoil
#8 Posted : 12/14/2009 9:06:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This all reminds me of SWIM's old idea to freeze a well-filtered, concentrated san pedro tea, then let it thaw in the fridge, dropping out lots of crystals.

SWIM stopped messing around with that when he found the limonene tek, though, so the method was never really perfected.

Virola78
#9 Posted : 12/16/2009 5:14:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you freeze the fresh chunks of cactus before you put them into the pot?
Would it rupture not destroy the cells, so the goo stays inside but extraction of alkaloids is favoured?

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

۩
#10 Posted : 12/16/2009 5:47:07 PM

Virola78 wrote:
Do you freeze the fresh chunks of cactus before you put them into the pot?
Would it rupture not destroy the cells, so the goo stays inside but extraction of alkaloids is favoured?

Like I said,
Fresh to pot.
Freezer to pot.
Freezer to pot.
Freezer to pot until no longer bitter.

Cheers !

antichode
#11 Posted : 12/16/2009 7:36:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Even tho the results of this tek are not for consumption, what would you imaginee the streength of it to be house? Compared to 5 grams of the normal resin

۩
#12 Posted : 12/16/2009 8:11:13 PM

Much Stronger ;]

PsilocybeChild
#13 Posted : 12/17/2009 7:11:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is an awesome discovery. AFOAF wishes he knew a few days ago! Laughing
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

Madcap
#14 Posted : 12/18/2009 7:06:13 AM

illudium Q-36

Can we get some pics? Is there any reason that this method would not work with torch or achuma? I've enjoyed extracts from both those (especially when combined) but now that I have a couple little buddies growing, I feel that every bit should be used... this seems like a good tek.

much love and peaches
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Virola78
#15 Posted : 12/18/2009 10:47:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you using potent cactus?
Because my SP cuttings are very probably not high in mescaline..
So if I would do this resin tek, then in the end I will have allot of alkaloids, with little mescaline... Then of course I could take some more of the resin, to up the dose of mescaline, but I am afraid the experience will then be overpowered by 'side-effects', as a result of the high concentration of other alkaloids. Im figuring I would have to do some sort of purification since I am planning on taking a full hit (of mescaline).

You see my concerns about using this tek on the weak cuttings I have?

Btw I love the simplicity of the tek.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

PsilocybeChild
#16 Posted : 12/29/2009 4:28:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BUMP. Anyone else tried this? Pics of the final product?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

antichode
#17 Posted : 12/29/2009 9:31:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fiashly wrote:
Do you think this is producing a somewhat full spectrum extraction or just mescaline?

This is the full spectrum, no difference from resin or tea

Fiashly wrote:
Also, about how big is a "fat chunk"?

A few inches is fine, it doesnt have to be exact, larger is better than smaller.

Fiashly wrote:
Do you think a repeated freeze/thaw cycle up front would help you get an all around bigger bang for the buck on the first cook/evap?

Just follow the advice given, House seems to be bang on here. A friend of SWIMS tried to stray from the original resin tek and he got a bad batch of resin that wasn't strong at all. Chunks are better than blended or finely chopped cactus. SWIMs friend hasnt tried this update yet but he imagines it works perfectly

Frenzal
#18 Posted : 1/11/2010 4:43:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim used chunks of mostly the white of the cactus, bits of green here and there, no core.

Got 3g from my first cook. I was impressed with how quick it dried and how, relatively, easy the resin is to scrape up and work with according to swim.

No crystals though. He put less lemon juice in the second lot, maybe that'll make it prettier.

He'd say the 3g feels like a few hundred mg of the darker gooeyer acetate he produced on another occasion. Definately not as strong as ~300mg of the lighter, waxier acetate, but he has just had a strong black coffee at T+5hrs.

ThirdEyeVision
#19 Posted : 1/11/2010 4:53:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Frenzal wrote:
Swim used chunks of mostly the white of the cactus, bits of green here and there, no core.

Got 3g from my first cook. I was impressed with how quick it dried and how, relatively, easy the resin is to scrape up and work with according to swim.

No crystals though. He put less lemon juice in the second lot, maybe that'll make it prettier.

He'd say the 3g feels like a few hundred mg of the darker gooeyer acetate he produced on another occasion. Definately not as strong as ~300mg of the lighter, waxier acetate, but he has just had a strong black coffee at T+5hrs.

Just the white flesh? No greens? Impressive to get such a potent product on what is typically the throw away portion. How much did you use and of what cactus?
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

Frenzal
#20 Posted : 1/11/2010 5:38:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

San Pedro.
Had been cut down a few months ago.
There's another couple of feet of it around somewhere.

Wasn't weighed, but it was the flesh from about 400mm by 75mm diameter, the skin and most of the green flesh is currently soaking for a limonene extraction. There was plenty of bits of green in the mix, but by volume it must have been ~90% white flesh.

That caffeine is helping things along, but it still feels quite some way off of a trip per se... pleasant enough though.

123NEXT»