We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Stumbled on this interesting mushroom article/research Options

Tak0010
#1 Posted : 1/17/2019 10:46:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mushroom Growing Information

A very brief description....

This article(at least that's what I'm going to call it) overviews different growing media and environmental conditions. Other than that they said they used 'typical' germination techniques.

One of the most intriguing aspects in the article is the statement of 'unwanted competing organisms' being subdued. This means the chances of contamination could be substantially reduced based on medium composition.

How I stumbled on it....

The beginning of this article had the same hypothesis I did, in that proper nutritional balance for humans in a growing medium would also be beneficial for mycelial growth.

I'm sort of a health nut(even if I don't always live by it) and I've been eating a lot of chia seeds. Then, it struck me that these things are not only very nutritional but also absorb massive amounts of water. I haven't heard of them being used in a grow media before and I want to make my own grow media.

Just because there are accepted standards in growing media and way more commonly used, doesn't mean that there aren't better options for those willing to experiment.

One seed I didn't see mentioned that I plan on using is pumpkin. They are also very high in many amino acids, fats, and protein.

etenities attempt to perceive time

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jupitor
#2 Posted : 1/17/2019 11:09:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've recently been intrigued by the idea of using different seeds or cultivation as well. In particular, cacao beans. It is revered by certain indigenous tribes as the "food of the gods", the same tribes that revere the mushroom as the "flesh of the gods". Made me wonder if it could literally be food for the mushroom. I'm gonna try it...

donfoolio
#3 Posted : 1/18/2019 1:57:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Already STAMETS was talking about positive infuences of competitive mushrooms on substrates for some species at least. After all, a lot of people submitted to these observations, some mushrooms get easier in a more natural way than in-vitro. I like the idea of permaculture in some sense inside these reflections. Nature find its way. After all of our efforts for cultivation-strategies, there is something wild...
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 1/18/2019 2:19:40 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Speaking of seeds that absorb water, there's a type of basil seed known as tukmaria that becomes very gelatinous when mixed with water. It can be found at Asian (Indian) supermarkets.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli