We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
grinding syrian rue seeds Options

Attention All Shipping
#1 Posted : 12/6/2007 6:51:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What do you use?, they're so small they fall through the holes of my coffee grinder without being crushed. All the grinders I see on ebay are actually slicers & won't do any good for grinding Syrian Rue. I'm using a manual pepper grinder & its going incredibly slowly. Anyone got any ideas?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

oarguello
#2 Posted : 12/8/2007 11:56:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WHat i use is called a Mocajete. Its a Mexican cooking tool that looks like one of those motar pestal grinders used for medicine and chemistry.Its made of stone and looks like a small bowl with a stone hand held masher. I find this very good because the bowl is somehwat porous, keeps the seeds frrom sliding around and grind them at the same time. Pretty inexpensive too. Should be able to find them in any mexican food grocery store or carneceria. Goes for 15-20 dollars.

Garulfo
#3 Posted : 12/8/2007 1:26:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend placed the seeds into a small piece of tshirt and used a hammer. Laughing

Attention All Shipping
#4 Posted : 12/8/2007 5:34:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Great thanks, I'm too lazy to use a pestle & mortar type thing & I doubt if there's any Mexican food grocery stores on my side of the Atlantic so I'll look about for a burr grinder & I'll give it a try with a hammer, though I'd think you'd loose a fair bit of the dust.

newswimmer
#5 Posted : 12/8/2007 8:49:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just in case you guys were interested. My friend picked up some already powdered syrian rue 10x extract. He put it into gelatin capsules and will give it a try tomorrow. It was pretty cheap, in his opinion. Send me PM if you're interested, and I"ll ask him for the site. It seems more efficient to swallow a capsule with .4 grams of powder, than using 4 g's of ground up seed, or making a tea. Just a thought.

oarguello
#6 Posted : 12/8/2007 9:02:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:9c872de5e0="newswimmer"]Just in case you guys were interested. My friend picked up some already powdered syrian rue 10x extract. He put it into gelatin capsules and will give it a try tomorrow. It was pretty cheap, in his opinion. Send me PM if you're interested, and I"ll ask him for the site. It seems more efficient to swallow a capsule with .4 grams of powder, than using 4 g's of ground up seed, or making a tea. Just a thought.[/quote:9c872de5e0] The only problem with that is i heard those extracts ( and whole seeds or powdered seeds) have other alkaloids in them that are toxic and make you really nauseated or vomit Sad But if that doesnt happen...let us know! Smile

newswimmer
#7 Posted : 12/8/2007 9:30:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:f87e479e1e] The only problem with that is i heard those extracts ( and whole seeds or powdered seeds) have other alkaloids in them that are toxic and make you really nauseated or vomit Sad But if that doesnt happen...let us know! Smile[/quote:f87e479e1e] uhto...We'll see. I hope you're wrong, for my friends sake. Pleased He will only be ingesting 400 mg capsule, hopefully it won't have that strong of an effect, if any.