We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
UK mhrb Options

Stump
#1 Posted : 12/25/2018 1:15:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, first post here, I’ve used nexus for years without making an account.

I had a break from doing any extractions, anyway I’ve tried two
different batches and done 100g STB extractions on the test batches. ##Mod: Edited due to sourcing talk.

So from each batch I done exactly the same extraction which was stb:

Batch 1: shredded mhrb

100g mhrb
100g lye
1000ml water
60ml naphtha - 4 pulls(60ml per pull)
Yield 0.7% white crystals

Batch 2: powdered mhrb

100g mhrb
100g lye
1000ml water
60ml naphtha - 4 pulls(60ml per pull)
Yield 0.5% white crystals.

So the yield is abit rubbish, I’m used to this tek, I’ve done the exact same for years and always got 1% or more.
I got another batch which I’m going to test, hoping this batch will give me the 1% or more I’m looking for.

Unless I’m doing something wrong in my extractions but I’ve never had low yields like this one after the other, seems strange.
If anyone can see anything I could of missed or something I could do to pull more spice that would be helpful.

Cheers.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Exitwound
#2 Posted : 12/25/2018 1:51:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am not a moderator, but sourcing talk isn't allowed on these forums: http://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Attitude_Page

Stump
#3 Posted : 12/25/2018 2:07:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
I am not a moderator, but sourcing talk isn't allowed on these forums: http://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Attitude_Page

How do I delete thread then?.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 12/26/2018 11:43:58 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Stump wrote:
Exitwound wrote:

How do I delete thread then?.

You can use the edit button. It's interesting to compare the different barks so if you can keep the analysis results and edit out the mentions of suppliers then everything else will be fine.

Worth a read: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Attitude_Page

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Stump
#5 Posted : 12/27/2018 9:40:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, I never even thought of editing the post, it’s edited now. I fully read the info you linked me to cheers.

Will update with new batch of mhrb soon.

pastanostra
#6 Posted : 12/28/2018 8:21:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you have enough from your precedent batch you can compare with AB method.
Let soak your bark in vinegar + water, then add base, then pull.
We could see if acid helps in your case or not. If not, it may the bark is low.

donfoolio
#7 Posted : 12/28/2018 11:30:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use a batch of bark since two years for several small size extractions since then and I have really the impression that yields are going down, while extraction téchnique gets more advised and other extractions with Acacia confusa yields right. So, I think that there is probably loss in activity with the time (the bark is stored in a plastic bag, in the dark at room temperature). Depending on how you store it and where it came from, lower yields seems quite normal.

After all, trying to find failures in extraction method is a good advise of course, temperature seems quite critical. But unless you do your extraction with root bark from another sample, it seems most probably for me that your bark is of poor quality.

Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

Stump
#8 Posted : 12/28/2018 12:35:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys, thanks for reply’s.

I still had batch 1(shredded) soup sat around so decided to put it in a warm bath and added another 40g of lye, I done another 2 pulls with 60ml so 120ml naphtha which I reduced down in till cloudy and put in freezer, ended up with roughly 500mg of yellow crystals so that brings that batch yield up to 1.2%...happy days. Might just do another pull or two to see if anything left.

Stupidly I didn’t wait for the shredded bark to be broken down by the caustic so lesson learned, I done the extraction as if I had powdered bark as that’s what I’m used to.

God knows why batch 1(powdered) had a low yield as done that over 2 days, it had plenty of time to stew between pulls.

Cheers.