We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Mushroom Man (1996) Documentary on R Gordon Wasson & mushrooms Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 12/18/2018 2:59:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A documentary here that just came to my attention via a fellow psilonaut friend that may be of interest to some Nexians...I'm surprised this escaped my attention until now. It looks into the backstory of R Gordon Wasson and his encounter and subsequent involvement with psychedelic mushrooms, and features many psychedelic luminaries, many of them no longer with us.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 12/18/2018 6:18:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks (and thank your friend!) for the recommendation Thumbs up

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Loveall
#3 Posted : 12/20/2018 9:56:32 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Yes, thank you Bancopuma this was an awesome video.

The cameos are awesome and you even get to see Trickster make an "apearence" around the 11:00 mark Razz
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

muladharma
#4 Posted : 1/3/2021 1:47:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was reading Reddit for sources on medieval or early use of mushrooms and found the author, but mentinoing only A. Muscaria. This thread comes up when searching for 'Wasson'.

My initial hypothesis was that mushroom use was associated with witchcraft, but it seems the severity of religious persecution at that time can make the mushroom use more or less irrelevant. One could have experienced serious ramifications in public perception just for being associated with the wrong people or art or literature.

Altogether, I did minimal research on the author, but it seems he is one of the few good sources for early use of psychedelics.
Find the wisdom to practice loving-kindness.