We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
So... Options

Mantislord1000
#1 Posted : 12/12/2018 4:46:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So...

First post here. Have done DMT a few times and don't see what the fuss is all about. Can this molecule lead one to higher states of Self-realization and Spiritual/Cosmic Enlightenment? If not then what is its purpose? Is it simply Mind Candy? Entertainment for the brain when one is bored? Or is there something much deeper and more profound going on which cannot be described? In a multi-verse where we all simultaneously exist in infinite dimensions together, couldn't it possibly be a dangerous thing to open this supposed "Pandora's box?" What if the "wrong" reality was to manifest in someone's life as a direct result of their DMT usage? And are there any mythical or actual religious figures or deities associated with DMT itself? I ask because I am completely irreligious, although I consider myself very spiritual. Thanks for reading this and some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jees
#2 Posted : 12/12/2018 11:51:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome!

Quote:
...Have done DMT a few times and don't see what the fuss is all about...

If you fail to make it work into positive outcome then there's indeed not much use for you personally and there's nothing wrong with that. Unless you spoke too soon after "a few times of dmt". I think it's fair for someone to say: doesn't work on me as for others, a very valuable testimony.

In your array of questions there are a lot of definitions, powerful terms, that people understand in very own different ways, it's a can of worms festival, more fuss to come Pleased

To all of your questions I would answer: Yes and No, depending on the interpretation of your questions/wordings.
Embarrased

BaronVonVapesAlot
#3 Posted : 12/12/2018 12:20:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So far, DMT has given me exactly what I needed, exactly when I needed it.

That's not to say that the answers were plopped into my lap. Most of it has needed analysis, and there's a very real possibility that I'm applying my own subconscious wants and desires to each.
However, regardless of whether those answers have come from another realm or just from my head, spice has been the instigator in each case, and into areas of my life I'd previously thought required very little attention.

So far, DMT has been sort of like adding rubbing alcohol to a dirty cog (my mind/spirit/whatever).
It's helped loosen up the grime, and unearthed some hidden grit to be worked on. However I had to apply the q-tip for quite some time in some cases.

Jees wrote:

If you fail to make it work into positive outcome then there's indeed not much use for you personally and there's nothing wrong with that.

You might never get anything deeper from DMT, and as Jees said, there's nothing wrong with that. Perhaps take some more time to investigate what you've experienced. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to squeeze meaning out of it all. In the 'worst' case it's your self-conscious exploring a new route to untangle itself.

Regarding Pandora's box, I suppose it's a risk, but with proper attention given to set, setting and integration you minimise the risks, and stand to gain much more in rewards.
https://youtu.be/wU0PYcCsL6o The Dream of Life - Alan Watts

Th Entity
#4 Posted : 12/12/2018 12:54:11 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Hello Mantislord1000 and welcome!
I cant personally give answear to your questions but i myself have question for you!
Please dont take it personally (because its not) and explain it for me if you can because im not familiar with religions and spirituality. I hear that a lot
Quote:
I am completely irreligious, although I consider myself very spiritual.
What does that mean? According to wikipedia the original meaning of the word Spirituality means
Quote:
Traditionally, spirituality referred to a religious process of re-formation which "aims to recover the original shape of man", oriented at "the image of God" as exemplified by the founders and sacred texts of the religions of the world. The term was used within early Christianity to refer to a life oriented toward the Holy Spirit and broadened during late medieval times to include mental aspects of life.
and here is the modern meaning of the word Spirituality
Quote:
In modern times the term both spread to other religious traditions and broadened to refer to a wider range of experience, including a range of esoteric traditions and religious traditions. Modern usages tend to refer to a subjective experience of a sacred dimension and the "deepest values and meanings by which people live", often in a context separate from organized religious institutions, such as a belief in a supernatural (beyond the known and observable) realm, personal growth, a quest for an ultimate or sacred meaning,religious experience, or an encounter with one's own "inner dimension".
If you feel the second quote is what describe you, please explain how/if you practice spirituality? is it through meditation or praying or psychedelic substances or something else? I DONT want this to make you uncomfortable or insult you but i hear this all the time (im not religious im spiritual) and i cant make sense of it.
And maybe, im not sure but i think DMT might not be the way you practice spirituality, again im not judging im just trying to understand what people mean when they say they are spiritual, because im not religious nor spiritual person and i cant make sense of it.
Is it just believing in spirits and the supernatural and is it worshiped or prayed upon? Please someone explain! Thank you Mantislord1000 for bringing that up. Thumbs up

Johnsonptd
#5 Posted : 12/12/2018 3:18:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting questions. I get the sense you aren’t experiencing much difficulty in your life right now, and have a feeling that all is well with yourself and the world. Yet saying you’re spiritual can indicate that you seek an answer to the question of seeking...which sounds like your greatest problem. Forgive me for analyzing, I read your post and thought “this is what someone would say who takes dmt without any intention at all.” Which is actually quite rare I think. Having an open mind and being receptive to what is being revealed is what I strive to do on my journeys with these teachers. But. My motives and intentions for taking a substance are sometimes subtle and often hidden, because living with fears, anxieties, depression leads me to seek solutions to life problems. Problems which are more emotional and physical for me, and possibly just philosophical/intellectual for you.

Some say we take substances to escape reality, and maybe we do when stressful situations arise in our lives(man I could use a cigarette right now). But I am grateful for my first drink, my first dance with Mary Jane, my first experience with most substances I’ve tried, because they allowed me to see things in a different perspective. To enjoy life in a new way. And to find meaning to the unspoken questions/emotions I have at those times. Like who am I? What’s the point? Why bother? We’re all going to die anyway. Etc. I guess if I was in your situation, in preparation for my next journey, I would ask myself that question (“what is it’s purpose?”) as I began my journey, because an understanding almost always comes to me, even if it’s days or months later. Often in the form of.. it just is. Which is really annoying because I want something profound and mind blowing. In the words of Eckhart Tolle “Living the fullness of life now, with every cell of our bodies.”

DmnStr8
#6 Posted : 12/13/2018 12:23:06 AM

Come what may

Can this molecule lead one to higher states of Self-realization and Spiritual/Cosmic Enlightenment?

I feel this answer is yes. I can answer yes for myself. I cannot be alone.

DMT can be very fun!! I don't think there is anything wrong with having some fun! Calling it mind candy would be rather dismissive of this kind of fun. It is much more than that. Sometimes fun is exactly what I needed. Awe inspiring beauty and fun that leaves me laughing is always welcome in my experiences. I enjoy it very much when these experiences come!

What if the "wrong" reality was to manifest in someone's life as a direct result of their DMT usage?

Can of worms for sure. I'm leaving this one alone.

Are there any mythical or actual religious figures or deities associated with DMT itself?

That is debatable for sure. My thought on the matter is that many of the worlds religions were started after someone having a strong psychedelic experience. Sounds like a seperate topic altogether.

We need another word for spiritual. The word has been hijacked and applies to just about everything nowadays. I live by a code is often what I will tell people who ask about my beliefs. Best I could come up with. Our language is so limited sometimes.

"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

OccupyTheSunset
#7 Posted : 12/13/2018 6:50:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Manifesting a different reality is happening all the time to the human mind, like a camera obscura, the brain spins and creates moving images of light and matter and the mind arranges data pertaining to the picture's probable outcome to make decisions, each of which creates a reality. There is no wrong reality, because there is only one reality. There are other instances of reality, but in our dimension, where are brains and minds exist, these limitations create a singular reality in our minds. DMT can shatter a lot of things, but I am not of the belief that one should invest in the pictures DMT creates, and the delusions of grandiosity that accompany them. I think DMT can teach you things because it's stimulating parts of the mind normally unused. However that looks scientifically, I don't know, but it involves a highly sophisticated computing mechanism in the form of the human brain, and together they create new data, new pictures of momentary reality. There is no reason to believe that they hold more reality than right now.

Just my .002 btc

OccupyTheSunset
#8 Posted : 12/13/2018 6:54:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mantislord1000 wrote:
So...

First post here. Have done DMT a few times and don't see what the fuss is all about.

Can this molecule lead to entertainment for the brain (while) something deep and profound is going on which cannot be described?

Fixed, and yes.