We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How could i remove pieces of lime/bark mix (q21q21s tek) from my dmt freebase? Options

Marcolucid
#1 Posted : 12/11/2018 6:09:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

After trying to smoke some dmt freebase, which i sprinkled onto the liquid pad that comes with the mighty, i sadly had to discover that my freebase is not as clean as i thought.
I turned the heat of the mighty on 160 degree celsius and it worked really well, but now i am afraid that i end up inhaling the lime/bark particles along with the freebase.
I tested it a couple of times and my new vaporizer seems to always evaporate everything placed on the liquid pad, which i think also includes the lime/bark pieces.
I mean it is not lye but still calcium hydroxide so i dont think it would be very healty.

How can i clean Freebase from all the small pieces of lime/bark?
Does someone know how i could get rid of the impurities (lime/bark pieces) ?
I would still have Waschbenzin (Naphta), which is the same stuff i used for my extraction and Wundbenzin which evaporates much quicker but i do not have any experience with it.
I thought that i could use some fresh Naphta, heat it, dissolve some impure freebase in it and filter it a couple times through a coffee filter.
Would that work and what would happen, if i would do that?

I opened two post at the same time, one about the mighty an now this one and hope that this is not against the rules here.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DreadedShaman
#2 Posted : 12/11/2018 6:26:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What exactly makes you think you pulled lime/bark?

Someone else can probably answer this, but is lime soluble in your solvent? And any barl bits would be visible most likely, always has been for me.

In my mind the only way you should have pulled base and or bark is of it was not fully separated when you syphoned off your solvent or you syphoned up a tad while trying to get the last of the solvent off the top, which takes mucho practice. Often I will let any base separate out in my pipette and drip it back into the base soup before putting the naptha into the freezer dish.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 12/11/2018 6:38:12 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It's actually all too easy to pick up lime particles when using this method, bark particles also if it's very finely powdered.

Thinking about it, rather than simply recrystallising using your Wundbenzin, you'll need to move the solvent away from the solid contaminants. A mini A/B would be a better way of doing this. You should be able to find some instructions on the wiki.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Th Entity
#4 Posted : 12/12/2018 7:19:03 AM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Hello Marcolucid!
I think you should give your idea a try, get the dirty dmt freebase put it in a beaker with your solvent of choice stir, give it some time to dissolve (obviously it wont dissolve everything because its contaminated so you might have some gunk in the solvent/dmt solution) EXCEPT: your solvent might dissolve everything if the gunk is solube in your solvent of choice, i do not know what that gunk might be. OFC if its organic plant matter it wont dissolve but from your words i guess plant matter is not the only contaminant. After you are sure your dmt is dissolve in your solvent and (if you used heat) its cooled to room temp you might setup a filtration apparatus TIP: Coffe filters wont work!
Get some real good filters and filter your solvent/dmt solution through. And then you know what to do to get your crystals. Good Luck!

More tips: I recommend using heptane, if i was in your situation i would never use coffe filters, coffe filters is for coffe Very happy Use some good lab grade filters, Back in the days i had to use coffe filters also for some basic fun chemical experiments and synthesis for example making luminol or fluorescein and other non illegal chemicals and i can tell you that sometimes coffe filters can be a contaminant itself. Dyes for example! Thumbs up