We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia and Free Will Options

RhythmSpring
#1 Posted : 12/8/2018 5:44:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Call it what you like--autonomy, free will, self-direction... I feel like the more I do Salvia these days, the less free will I have. The question is, does it come back? In a healthy individual it does. But there's always the chance that it doesn't--perhaps because the individual could do without it for a while--they subconsciously would want to dissociate in order to weather a storm of some sort, be it physical malady, family issues, relationship issue, etc.

Any thoughts on such a musing?

Certainly under the influence, one loses a certain measure of self-control.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

metadimethyl
#2 Posted : 12/9/2018 10:42:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Your paragraph is based on perhaps own speculation? If you listen Salvia, how it affects your free will, then maybe, just maybe; it wants to tell you how no-one, except you, can have control of your life. This is to be a one with your innerself.

Do you remember the moments while you are breakingthru on Salvia? The system feels infinite in numbers but can be burden to a single methodology, you lose your sense of self - and become another self (usually from different roots). There was a thread back before on Nexus with good picture representation on how it affects your consciousness on various levels.

Salvia was my first psycoactive and psychedelic (aside from MJ) plant, and it made me learn how all these objects have a point of view, based on personal experience. If I ask you what a house looks like, you will immediately know it has a doors, or/and windows; as such, humans all have eyes and hands -- this is to create a usable object.

So we humans are object?

We are, but it seems it is your free will to be one, ain't you man enough to harm yourself? If we both know free will exists in such a form (such as windows on a house), and contribute our emotions to that in particular, you will find out the truth you are asking. In my opinion, it just makes sense to go with the flow of whatever comes.

Is this a free will? Well, you gotta define it for me first Smile

Enjoy rest of your day
We're all logic gates, just with different levels of consciousness.

rOm
#3 Posted : 12/9/2018 11:53:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

While I felt to have little will power on the smoked extract roller coasters, I had free will while using it sublingually.
That being said, I felt the opposite as you, as I did use salvia divinorum both smoked or sublingual to actually change my life direction, often being less prone to use recreative drugs such as cannabis, alcohol or even ketamine, while doing more research about possible multiverse, music making and meditation..
Now every one feels diffeent, maybe you need another tool than Salvia D.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

trncefigurate_aomn
#4 Posted : 12/10/2018 12:10:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
Call it what you like--autonomy, free will, self-direction... I feel like the more I do Salvia these days, the less free will I have. The question is, does it come back? In a healthy individual it does. But there's always the chance that it doesn't--perhaps because the individual could do without it for a while--they subconsciously would want to dissociate in order to weather a storm of some sort, be it physical malady, family issues, relationship issue, etc.

Any thoughts on such a musing?

Certainly under the influence, one loses a certain measure of self-control.

The concepts you are bringing correspond really well with the nature/attributes of kappa opioid receptors (as they are understood so far) and what salvinorin A seems to signal them to do!

There is no complete certainty about what it is, but from many peoples' personal experiences, and plentiful research writing about the opioid receptor system and its role in "maintaining" certain forms of habits, my interpretation is:

That it does so by reinforcing an external habit by coupling it with an internal flow of endogenous opioid peptides to relevant receptors. As far as the source of this conceptualization, for me it has been some research articles from this forum a few years ago, and, many research articles about opioid receptors, endogenous opioids and how they converge in the actions to shape and maintain eating behaviors including binge eating.

In part, salvinorin A seems to allow an multi-part action to happen via the accessed kappa opioid receptors that is generally not possible via any endogenous molecular neurotransmission signalling.
It seems to signal a release of/from (dose dependently but with a low threshhold) some, or all, of the current endogenous opioid-mediated behavior patterns.

To experience this frequently within a short span of time would certaily leave a person feeling unusual (as it does not normally happen due to requiring a missing signalling molecule) and with some uncertainty about their willfullness, becuase one often very salient source of their experience of willfullness, the sometimes benign, and sometimes dangerous, endogenous opioid-mediated behavior patterns, has been cleared out, perhaps multiple times! Smile

My personal interpretation of what types of behavior patterns are cleared is that there are very few behavior patterns that are serious, that would be formed using this endogenous opioid mediation.

With safe dosages, it seems to leave people refreshed to not have these nagging, mild, to moderate, to sometimes chronic, internal microaddictions to endogenous opioids.

I hope that this is helpful! It is not meant to be too dry and scientific, just to remind you about what may be happening within your nervous system that would very much correspond to the feelings you are describing!!

Legarto Rey
#5 Posted : 12/11/2018 10:11:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Myth and religious stories MAY be seen as metaphor for the intense, plant induced, mystic state experience. When viewed from this perspective it's obvious that the major themes are related to Heimarmene(fatedness). "Free will" and "separate self", as perceived during ordinary consciousness, can be experienced to be greatly attenuated, or even non-existent.

http://www.egodeath.com/...ogenTheoryOfReligion.htm

Merry Christmas to all,
Peace