We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello! A little about myself Options

Dreamatur
#1 Posted : 12/4/2018 5:34:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

DMT-Nexus changed my life.

I have lurked around these forums for quite some time now. Beginning with simple curiosity of psychedelics and then eventually leading to the cure of my major depression. I searched for a cure to depression for years until eventually I used the resources here to extract DMT and then create Ayahuasca. My first experience was very light but also very profound. Profound enough to show me exactly what changes I needed to make in my life to no longer be depressed. It gave me the strength and will to make these changes and I did. Ever since I have not been depressed for several years now!

Before Ayahuasca, I first tried Citalopram which I was not fond of due to a clouding of my personality, loss of creativity, and ambition. Then my first psychedelic was Morning Glory and Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds. I had a life changing experience on HBWR seeds, but the relinquish of depression was temporary. Later I tried mushrooms which were also life changing in their own way and great teachers, but depression would come back after a couple of weeks. Next I tried extremely small doses of Ketamine every two weeks which actually worked great but seemed to have a negative impact on my memory.

I am deeply moved to solve as many problems of Humanity as possible. I am developing expertise in AI and trying creating a successful corporation. I wish to lose my ego as much as possible, use the skills and resources that I obtain, and bring people together to pursue a shared vision of eliminating the bullshit from society. With enough time we can really do anything as a species that we align ourselves to do. Overall we seem to have a bit of an ego problem though.

I am way too ambitious for my own good Big grin . I hope to build many relationships and contribute great things to this community.

Peace.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

PsyDuckmonkey
#2 Posted : 12/4/2018 3:06:04 PM

witch

Welcome, and I'm happy for your recovery.

Anyway, some feedback about what you wrote... I don't believe in losing our egos as a goal. As my guru once told me, "the only people without an ego are the dead ones". It's such a weirdly undefinable goal too. How do we even define "ego"? Smile I think a better approach is to try and maintain humility toward others and the world. I don't mean being servile or gullible, or placing others above yourself, but rather staying open, and seeing the worth and the wonder in others as well as yourself. To be able to honestly learn from a little 10 year old kid, even when you're 70 and a university teacher and a millionaire.

As for the problems of humanity, why not start with your problems, then the problems of those you know, and work outward from there. Just a thought. Pleased
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

DmnStr8
#3 Posted : 12/5/2018 1:03:46 AM

Come what may

Dreamatur wrote:
...we can really do anything as a species that we align ourselves to do. Overall we seem to have a bit of an ego problem though.

Wise words! Thumbs up

I have always wanted the world to be a better place than what we are currently experiencing. Leo Tolstoy said "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." The only thing that I have found that gives me hope is the changes that I make to myself. I take responsibility for what I put out into the world. If more people would align with just this idea, the world would certainly be a more positive place. And it is the ego that drives much of the insanity I see in this world. I feel this madness is human to a certain extent, but I also feel that this madness will be less prevalent in a world where we humans align ourselves with something positive.

Time will tell. Critical mass of any idea will turn the tide in either direction. It is our choice.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Dreamatur
#4 Posted : 12/5/2018 3:38:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
Welcome, and I'm happy for your recovery.

Anyway, some feedback about what you wrote... I don't believe in losing our egos as a goal. As my guru once told me, "the only people without an ego are the dead ones". It's such a weirdly undefinable goal too. How do we even define "ego"? Smile I think a better approach is to try and maintain humility toward others and the world. I don't mean being servile or gullible, or placing others above yourself, but rather staying open, and seeing the worth and the wonder in others as well as yourself. To be able to honestly learn from a little 10 year old kid, even when you're 70 and a university teacher and a millionaire.

As for the problems of humanity, why not start with your problems, then the problems of those you know, and work outward from there. Just a thought. Pleased

Thanks for the feedback PsyDuckmonkey! Technically you are right, the only people without an ego are dead. I really want to pursue 'the middle way', as any extreme is destructive. So what you said is very true. However, I do believe that it's hard for the ego to not run wild when it itself in a position of power. Power corrupts because of egos attachment to power. We need much less corruption of those in power so we can truly band together and reduce unnecessary suffering.

Dreamatur
#5 Posted : 12/5/2018 3:49:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
Dreamatur wrote:
...we can really do anything as a species that we align ourselves to do. Overall we seem to have a bit of an ego problem though.

Wise words! Thumbs up

I have always wanted the world to be a better place than what we are currently experiencing. Leo Tolstoy said "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." The only thing that I have found that gives me hope is the changes that I make to myself. I take responsibility for what I put out into the world. If more people would align with just this idea, the world would certainly be a more positive place. And it is the ego that drives much of the insanity I see in this world. I feel this madness is human to a certain extent, but I also feel that this madness will be less prevalent in a world where we humans align ourselves with something positive.

Time will tell. Critical mass of any idea will turn the tide in either direction. It is our choice.

Yes! We have no option but to start with solving our own problems and working to become the best that we can be individually. Then we can begin expanding our circle of influence. I think the issues we face as a species are both individualistic as well as systemic. Basically solving our problems from both ends of the spectrum is required. Each end of this spectrum also influences the other. The better we construct society the more positively we can impact the individual, and the better we become as individuals the more positively we impact society. Much in the same way that the cells of the body are not very well off without the brain, and vice versa.