We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Gordo tek ice after freeze Options

wherever
#1 Posted : 11/29/2018 9:22:22 AM

whenever

SWIM has been getting ice in the container after freeze precip consistently, and there are posts around the interwebs saying this is not normal. The process is done carefully as to not allow water into container. Can anyone comment on why, and how it can be remedied if it should?

Other notes:
The end product is still what seems to be high quality very white powder, but it is odd that it generally takes 48 hours to evap the naptha from the container, while the tek claims far less

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

pete666
#2 Posted : 11/29/2018 9:53:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know this particular TEK, but the water might get there while separating from aquaeous solution or later from the air within the precip container.
The first case is very dangerous, as lye is contained within the result, because it was transported dissolved in the water.
Second case is not a big deal. It is better to have final result without water, so the evaporation is faster, but dmt freebase is not dissolvable in the water and it will be evaporated with/after the non-polar solvent.

Any idea what is your case?
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

wherever
#3 Posted : 11/29/2018 10:08:00 AM

whenever

no lye used in gordo tek, only pickling lime (Calcium hydroxide ), vinegar, and naptha.

You can find the tek easily on youtube, its somewhat similar to the n-n-dmt Q21Q21 tek.

pete666
#4 Posted : 11/29/2018 10:31:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lime is safer, but the problem would be the same, you would have it in the result. Still dangerous, needs some research. I doubt anyone would like to smoke or otherwise ingest it.
The dosage would be affected too, though this is not as important

Anyway, the question is still valid : Any idea what is your case?
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

wherever
#5 Posted : 11/29/2018 10:36:08 AM

whenever

Precip is done within a sealed mason jar so there is doubt that its being introduced to it from the air, but it is hard to be certain. Is there any way you would be able to tell which is the issue?

What would be the remedy in either case?

A re-x with naptha or bestine is being considered, would that seperate it from any leftover calcium hydroxide if that is the issue?

pete666
#6 Posted : 11/29/2018 11:34:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hydroxide contam - here and here

ice - here

Simply there can't be any water in the solvent. I would rather sacrifice some solvent while separating than bring even few drops of water.

If I was not sure, whether there is hydroxide in the result, I would do sodium carbonate wash or careful mini a/b.

To remove last traces of lye dissolved in water mixed with naptha, the solvent can be dried by MgSO4. The hydroxide would be filtered off with MgSO4.

Re-x may help a bit, but not fully, the hydroxide may precipitate too.

I suggest reading the posts, so you get how it works and which way to go.

If your jars are tightly closed and there is not much humid air in them, I doubt the water could get there from the air.

wherever
#7 Posted : 11/29/2018 12:05:55 PM

whenever

thank you, this will be taken under advisement for further exploration

FranLover
#8 Posted : 11/29/2018 2:41:00 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Hi my friend Big grin You are doing just fine. However, let me adress the question; if you are following the tek I suppose you use plastic wrap to cover your dishes? Have you tried then giving the dish at least four round abouts with the plastic wrap? This contains odor much better and also decreases the chances of ice/water falling in the dish.
If this continues to fail and ice/water get it your dish, you can always try out the prep meal glass containers which come with plastic lids on them. I have heard of succsess with these and common sense also tells me that its bassically the same thing as a plastic wrap to an extent.
I suppose the freezer is on the highest potency and this creates a lot of ice. Perhaps instead of having it at -8 degrees you can leave it at 0 and this will create much less frost.
Gordo tek definitley does no take four hours to freeze precip as tek says. Sure you have crystals but if you pay attention there is still naphta which is cloudy...this cloudiness means that the naphta contains more crystals to be pulled. Generally 24 hours is very good. 48 hours? Damn, if you can try that out...I imagine higher pulls.
Tek also claims 2 hours infront of fan I believe but I have noticed that even at the highest potency, 3-4 hours is more exact.
Thank you for your post. I hope I have helped somewhat.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

MachineElfHunter
#9 Posted : 10/14/2019 2:06:08 AM

amazing marbles in my mouth

I had this issue my 1st pull and it was from the freezer im sure. If you have a small fridge freezer like me they frost a great deal. I as suggested above triple rap all and that solved it.

TalkingGarden
#10 Posted : 10/15/2019 4:33:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

IF you did everything right I doubt it is water with the lime in it because it stays a think mud. the water is held to the material. Never seen that happen with this tek. Are you POSITIVE that when pouring the nap. off that some drops of water from the bottom of the plate diddnt make it in there as well? Seen that once! if you pour into another dish you could see the water cause it sepereates from the nap. It would look like little bubbles. Probilly harder to see in a jar. Also if you use a jar and the jar is fine no water or air from the freezer should get in there. Did you put the hot solvent directly into the freezer right away? Never seen it but quick temp changes could cause condensation. I would let it cool to room temp then cap it then fridge then freezer or just freezer. Hard to pin it down just some thoughts.