We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can sunlight make a bark brew more like a leaf brew? Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 11/29/2018 12:20:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From what I understand, the DMT in root barks (MHRB, ACRB) is mostly n,n-DMT, whereas the DMT in leaves (P. viridis, D. cabrerana) is mostly DMT-n-oxide. This has been shown at least for Chacruna.

Leaves are exposed to sunlight, whereas root barks are not. So the n-oxide content in the leaves may be due to oxidation by UV.

I like the leaves much better. They're smoother than the root barks, which are harsh (I understand ACRB also contains NMT, which rounds it a bit).
I've also read somewhere that DMT-n-oxide is much smoother than n,n-DMT. So it all makes sense so far.

I've also read on here that someone left freebase n,n-DMT in the sun for 4 (?) days, and it all oxidized.

Now, considering how much more economical (even if much less desirable effect-wise) the root barks are, I'm wondering if it's possible to make, say, some MHRB tea, leave it in strong sunlight and have it convert to something that's more like Chacruna tea?

I understand salt forms are more stable and may be more resistant to such oxidation, but that still seems to happen in the leaves of live plants.

Also, while the UV band is more penetrating than visible light, it may not go that deep into a brown, murky brew, so the tea would have to be stirred a lot, or left exposed to the sun in a dish with a large surface area and minimal depth. Which might cause practical issues with dust etc. Alternatively, raw plant material instead of tea could be spread across a large area to effect the conversion before brewing.

Any thoughts?

I'd do such an experiment myself, but at my location I'm going to have to wait a few months for any sun to speak of.

If there are other low-tech ways to oxidize n,n-DMT in raw barks or tea, I'd be happy to hear about them. Would adding hydrogen peroxide to a brew oxidize the DMT salts? And would then reducing the brew significantly decompose it to ingestion-safe levels?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

tregar
#2 Posted : 12/1/2018 1:22:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My recommendation...just spend the extra funds (hawaiian leaf = A+), it's well worth the wait.

Also see: Part 4: Admixture Leaf (traditional) vs admixture bark (non-traditional) in:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=82030
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 12/1/2018 1:28:44 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
And would then reducing the brew significantly decompose it to ingestion-safe levels?

The hydrogen peroxide would likely decompose fairly rapidly in contact with the bark tea. It's not the most stable of substances. Also, you'd be getting a cocktail of unknown reaction by-products. It might not be wise to be ingesting that.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli