We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
BLAB - The Big Leisurely A/B Options

PerPLexED
#21 Posted : 12/9/2009 8:13:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The main part of this tek is that you DONT have to spend a TON of time infront of the stove mixing and cooking your mimosa, rather, just leisurely let it sit for couple days, but it is HARDLY any work difference from a STB and easy to do bulk. Now, a good variation on this that would keep it from becomming an A/B and still be a BLAB would be maybe throwing it onto a hot plate or a crockpot and reduce it over the 3 days as well to reduce water content requiring less base
"We are the analogies we believe." - PerPLexED

PerPLexED is a confused fictional creature.
He doesn't know that he is fictional.
He doesn't know what fiction is.
He doesn't know anything, really.
But strives to know it all.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

#22 Posted : 12/9/2009 8:18:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Jorkest wrote:
acolon_5 wrote:
^ a cook will pull out the alkaloids quicker than soaking. The DMT is already in salt form within the plant, I'm not sure if there is a salt conversion taking place or if the acidic water is just needed to increase the solubility of the DMT salts...

I always do 3-5 acid cooks, usually over 2 days. But then again, this is Jorkest's tek, so maybe he has a reason why it is soaking for 3 days.

the reason for NO cooking...is for simplicity...i live in a very small place with no running water and no kitchen...and very little space to COOK things...so with this tek...you will get incredible yields from the first few pulls and then pick up the left overs with the later pulls...

Thnaks for the answer jork. SWIMs very excited..he always hated doing the 6 hour total cook n' strain from a/b.

Ohh yeah..what did SWIM yield from a lb?

Oncewas
#23 Posted : 12/9/2009 8:44:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Very nice! Glad to see it's finally all typed up!

Wouldn't using lemon juice or a product like ReaLemon work for the acid soak?

Jorkest
#24 Posted : 12/9/2009 9:16:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

oh the yield is between 4-8g depending on how well you did the tek and bark
it's a sound

amor_fati
#25 Posted : 12/9/2009 10:38:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

This is almost exactly how SWIM used to extract minus the limonene and with HCl in place of vinegar. After SWIM's first attempt at proper A/B gave him poor results, SWIM just decided to combine the acid cooked bark and the lye solution and then raise the pH a hell of a lot. After that, he just kept doing it that way since he had plenty HCl on hand. Used to post about it on here, but most people didn't seem to think a hybrid A/B/STB was necessary.

On SWIM's most recent extractions, he just went with STB as per Jorkest's other tek to test it out, but with most of the other half of his bark, he did a vinegar/heat treatment for a couple hours in a sealed jar before basifying with lime.

Jorkest, has SWIY discovered that the acid treatment prior to basifying actually boosts yields? SWIM always did it to err on the side of caution (hopefully breaking the bark down better than a simple STB), but he never had anything to compare it to; your tek was his first standard STB.

Jorkest
#26 Posted : 12/9/2009 10:59:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

ive never seen such saturated d-limonene before...and it does seem to boost the yields and also help a bit with emulsions and something so easy as adding vinegar to boost effects of an STB...its almost silly not to
it's a sound

amor_fati
#27 Posted : 12/9/2009 11:11:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Just for the record however, SWIM used some ascorbic acid for his 2-hour acid cook. Maybe leaving for 3 days in vinegar gives better results? The tek is still promising however, it would be nice to see if basification of the 3-day long vinegar soak with sodium carbonate would suffice!

SWIM tried this with chaliponga and got some yield but nowhere near sufficient. He almost tried it with bark, but lime seemed much more promising. If it would work at all, SWIM would imagine that it would have to be done with pre-powdered unless cooking or a standard THP were used for the acid portion (essentially to make a highly acidic brew prior to basifying); but then one may as well do standard A/B, since the sodium carbonated wouldn't be able to get much more (if anything) out of the bark (likely, though acidified bark MIGHT give it up more easily)...unless they simply don't want to mess around with straining or doing more acid pulls (probably miss out on some of the spice, though). Kind of a headache, if you ask SWIM, and that's why SWIM's doing his experimentation.

amor_fati
#28 Posted : 12/9/2009 11:16:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
ive never seen such saturated d-limonene before...and it does seem to boost the yields and also help a bit with emulsions and something so easy as adding vinegar to boost effects of an STB...its almost silly not to

Yeah, SWIM never did have too many problems with emulsions back in those days. He always wondered what all the fuss was about, in fact.

psychosisdoses
#29 Posted : 12/10/2009 12:11:42 AM

Derek

ahhhhhh blab the BIG EASY!Very happy
its wonderful how like all things the complex is truly simple

Jorkest wrote:
oh the yield is between 4-8g depending on how well you did the tek and bark

i got about 11* grams Very happy

yummy in my tummy Very happy!

Ha!

Jorkest wrote:
something so easy as adding vinegar to boost effects of an STB...its almost silly not to

EXACTLY! hahahaha

*used fasw its POSSIBLE that theres furmic in it
but it should be noted i only used about 3 grams in the water if that
and the stuff is wickedly potent Very happy

im on 90mg harmine 90mg harmaline and 90mg fullrange furmate
and i cant even describe it beyond "all"
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

Heretic
#30 Posted : 12/10/2009 11:43:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

for those who don't know you can find 99% ipa at wal-mart in the auto section.

"iso-heet"
When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

Dimitrius
#31 Posted : 12/10/2009 6:18:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Heretic wrote:

"iso-heet"

Hey, thanks. I'm gonna go check that out next time I'm out.

Maybe it's cheaper than the stuff I'm getting from the online electronics store.

Edit: You sure this only contains isopropanol?

Here's the MSDS: http://www.imperialinc.com/msds0055120.shtml

I'm not sure if I'm reading it right, but it looks like it contains a 'proprietary additive'?
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Pokey
#32 Posted : 12/11/2009 3:29:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank You Jorkest!Very happy

I'm really exited to try this one. It's just what I've been looking for. I love A/B, but don't want to cook and strain, and a STB with a pound of powdered bark needs alot of water to work correctly (learned that the hard waySad ).

The D-limonene and fumaric acid are on the way (first time using either) and I'm about to mix the bark and vinegar!

Thanks again,

Pokey the JubilantVery happy

Heretic
#33 Posted : 12/11/2009 9:27:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dimitrius wrote:
Heretic wrote:

"iso-heet"

Hey, thanks. I'm gonna go check that out next time I'm out.

Maybe it's cheaper than the stuff I'm getting from the online electronics store.

Edit: You sure this only contains isopropanol?

Here's the MSDS: http://www.imperialinc.com/msds0055120.shtml

I'm not sure if I'm reading it right, but it looks like it contains a 'proprietary additive'?

cool, thanks for the heads up, swim was just about to use this for his fasa but upon reading your post swim decided to evap a sample and see if any residue remained. Will let you know how that goes.

::EDIT::
yea it left a residue, just stick to what your getting or magnesium sulfate 91% FTW. Alternatively swim still thinks he's going to the iso-heet for his fasi, as the fasi + dlimo (in swims case xylene) mix isn't evaporated, rather sat to let the crystals drop. Now there would still be some liquid residue which would have to evap... and would leave impurity... but if your dlimo + fasi mixture is 20% iso 80% dlimo... and the impurity is 1% of the 20%... and probably only 2% of the solvent is actually evapped onto the spice.... that's a .004% impurity starting from your mixture. And that impurity was also soluable in iso... so you'd still need clean iso to wash it away asdfg i imagine acetone would work but I can't really promise that.

Jorkest, this is an awesome tek, a simple acetone or iso wash before freebasing would probably give you a crystally spice would it not? probably not even smelling of oranges if washed 3x!

And as for reusing the limo, would this be possible by evaping the ipa out of the limo and filtering?

swim did not want to order more d-limo but now it appears he might have to for the sake of awesome smelling reusable solvents!

Jorkest
#34 Posted : 12/11/2009 2:41:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
And as for reusing the limo, would this be possible by evaping the ipa out of the limo and filtering?

yea i think if you evap the IPA any excess fumaric acid should drop out...and so you can probably filter it out...and if it DOESNT drop out the fumaric acid...putting it back into the lye tea will most likely neutralize the fumaric acid in the d-limo
it's a sound

antichode
#35 Posted : 12/15/2009 8:30:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can you substitute anything else for IPA?

Its restricted where SWIM lives

CosmicLion
#36 Posted : 12/16/2009 3:40:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

antichode wrote:

You could dry Acetone then use FASA (Fumaric Acid Saturated Acetone) to crash out the goods from the Limonene.

It's worth a shot.
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

Infundibulum
#37 Posted : 12/16/2009 3:54:57 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

CosmicLion wrote:
antichode wrote:

You could dry Acetone then use FASA (Fumaric Acid Saturated Acetone) to crash out the goods from the Limonene.

It's worth a shot.

It doesn't work and basically it's not really worth a shot. FASA does not dissolve in limo just as FASI does. FASA in limo forms a layer at the botton and not much else is really happening. This is why the FASI is a revolution; it is the equivalent of FASA in xylene/toluene!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

kemist
#38 Posted : 12/16/2009 6:30:43 PM

John

LOL

ILPT would agree with Infud. as A/B means you extract with A and then B is added to that separated(filtered)extract and extracted further.

Whilst in your tek you just put A in extracted material and the you put B in the mixture of A and extracted material

ILPT would change it into The Big Leisurely A+B.

Despite the erlenmayer flask next to your name, you realy don`t know much about chemistry and perhaps don`t really care about it. Naming things right is just crucial in chemistry

It reminds me story of lime. Befor I went on this forum lime was for me only sister of Mr. lemon.

Only not beeing idiot makes ILPT understand that 69ron meant some sort base under this name in his tek and then further exploration over internet assured ILPT that `lime` in 69 ron`s world it`s actually calcium hydroxide in world of chemistry.
Imagine someone not as bright adding powdered(probably dried lime(lemon`s sister)) to grinded yopo then make a paste and pull with acetone or whatever Laughing

No OFFENCE or Ridiculing you in here, just get this right my friend

Anyway ILPT hasn`t have any fumaric acid or IPA so he won`t try it any soon. Maybe in future.

Thanks for nice tek mate !
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

Jorkest
#39 Posted : 12/16/2009 7:24:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well i have never taken a chemisty class in my life..so i admit i know nothing of NORMAL chemistry rules..all i know is how to extract dmt(why we are here right)...but getting all worked up over a name...come on now... if you got a good tek yourself name it like you want. I'm keeping this.

i did just look up what an A/B was...and turns out..it STILL is an A/B...I THINK

"Usually, the mixture is dissolved in a suitable solvent such as dichloromethane or diethyl ether (ether), and poured into a separating funnel. An aqueous solution of the acid or base is added, and the pH of the aqueous phase is adjusted to bring the compound of interest into its required form. After shaking and allowing for phase separation, the phase containing the compound of interest is collected. The procedure is then repeated with this phase at the opposite pH range. The order of the step is not important and the process can be repeated to increase the separation."

by basifying the tea then pulling with d-limo...THEN adding acid(FASI) to crash out the salts...that is an A/B...from what i read..it doesnt MATTER which step(acid or base) happens first...so if you could explain why this isnt an A/B i would really appreciate it..

after my last pull(and i think i can squeeze out a bit more) im looking at 1.9% yield
it's a sound

Heretic
#40 Posted : 12/16/2009 9:07:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1.9 with a legit defat? No plant oils or inactives in your spice? That's so tough to believe... and are you using pedro's bark? Swim can never seem to pull more than 1.3% (weight calculated after re-xtaling the nn and fasa2freebasing the jungle)

Is D-Limo that awesome?

PREV1234NEXT»