We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psilocin extract FRESH tek Options

Vegeta28
#1 Posted : 11/28/2018 9:58:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi nexusers,

i will try to be clear...my english help a little with google translate
In this case we will take advantage of ..
- amount of psilocin in fresh mushrooms.
-Fragility will be very helpful to extract the alkaloids and maybe in a single round if you have practice.
- amount of water in them will be used for the final volume of the extracted solution.
For this I recommend using pan-cyan mushrooms, and that they are mature or aborted (it would be good to induce abortions this seems to reduce the volume while preserving the amount of alkaloids).

The fungi I got from an impression of wild spores that has been a miracle to find it here in my area.

I made several extractions and I will continue doing, I still have doubts and I do not take anything for granted.

What I did was this ..

-in a 500 ml container I put 250 ml of hot water 6 ml of acetic acid and 150 mg of tartaric acid.
--I put 65 grams of freshly collected pancyan into the acidified hot water.
--while I heat it crushes it very well with a mulinex hand until it is like a thick liquid (if at this stage the liquid turns blue .. something went wrong)
--I keep heating until it boils or until the fibers of the fungus turn a translucent light brown color. In this stage the mixture will start to be more liquid. According to my observations if this does not happen good yields will not come out.
-- as soon as this happens I turn in a funnel with 2 coffee filters without micropores (a laboratory filter would be the best, it costs a lot to lower the liquid, I change filters as soon as it becomes obstrusive)
--Now comes a very important part to get all the juice. As soon as I can, with gloves on I grab the filter with the material, and slowly begin to fold the sides of the filter to leave the stuff as in a bag .. and I'm turning the paper while it starts to look like a balloon, I do not apply a lot of fast pressure or bursts the filter, the liquid begins to fall more and more ... until it looks like an envelope of tea. and here is the time to squeeze it with all the forces again and again until nothing comes out of nothing! I'm thinking of a hand press or something like that)
--Once I do this I filter everything again, it will be much easier and faster. At this point I have a yellow solution and about 300 ml apox
--very slowly I add a solution of saturated bicarbonate, now it starts to make effervescence and a lot of foam (that's why it is imprencidible that it is at least double or triple the capacity of the container)
--When I stop making effervescence I add a little more until I reach a pH of 7.5 -8
--Immediately and quickly add a concentrated solution of sodium hydroxide drop by drop to a pH of 9.5
-- I extract with ether 3 times 60ml, 30ml, 20m
-- Dry the ether in an amber colored bottle with anhydrous sodium sulfate
-- Now I have several options:

1- in an amber bottle added 15 mg approx of tartaric acid for every 10 grams of fresh mushrooms used. I add the ether, at this time it will become cloudy. I mix until everything is dissolved, it can delay, I let it evaporate. leaving a kind of white yellowish crystal when more acid is used. If it is more alkaloid it can be something more clayresin.

2- evaporate, the residue is diluted in acidified methanol. Warm slightly until everything dissolves, evaporate or precipitate by cold a few days in the freezer and a white sediment will appear in the bottom of the bottle.( I evaporated leving a clay resin, i put in a air-tight container with sodium sulfat and magnesium sulfat and now it's solid as a rock and out container.

3- evaporate and with the residue make a FASA (this I will try shortly).

4-co extracted and salting with acidic water then evaporated.

I tried the residue with out acid as soon the evaporations ends, about 10 mg approx .. and the truth was very pleasant, pupils markedly larger, for a moment had a resemblance to acid and MDMa.
I always yawn long before the effect of the fungus comes, but this time the effect was faster and before the yawns and it was shorter it seemed to me.Love

The 2nd option I just did yesterday ,the yeilds are about a 130 mg aprox. And it's the one that I'm going to show photos.I have not tried yet because I want to see if it lasts in time, and I'm a little tired of trying. Like it or not, it leaves a little nervous being tested. Wink

The only thing that i evaporates under vacum was the ether. i will like to vacum all and deoxygenated.

Photos

1) 2) 3) The victims 3rd flush! and is little respect to the previous ones, the first 2 flush gave 180 gr aprox with 3 liters of bread, incredible this strain.i am very lucky

4) 5) The material after removing all the juice. dry 6 grm aprox

6) 7) 8 ) I make some tests on the clays. i put in a solution alkaline heated 10 mg of this in a flask and the resiud of the mushrooms in another jar for sure me thats i am for the good way. ligth day and led ligth.

9) 10) The thing

especial regards to:

triptamine
lysurgeon
benzyme
seico
loveall
69ron

and too many more people from the nexus and beyond ..for many years i read all of they post..evrithhing..

continue the challenge

Vegeta

Vegeta28 attached the following image(s):
victimi.jpg (3,450kb) downloaded 236 time(s).
victimas.jpg (216kb) downloaded 236 time(s).
vitim.jpg (195kb) downloaded 235 time(s).
celul.jpg (671kb) downloaded 235 time(s).
celulo.jpg (680kb) downloaded 234 time(s).
3muest.jpg (593kb) downloaded 235 time(s).
fluocean.jpg (444kb) downloaded 234 time(s).
blufluor.jpg (884kb) downloaded 235 time(s).
tartaro.jpg (528kb) downloaded 234 time(s).
tartari.jpg (533kb) downloaded 234 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

sbc1
#2 Posted : 11/28/2018 4:14:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the post hopefully loveall will chime in on this

Loveall
#3 Posted : 11/29/2018 1:08:50 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Hi Vegeta28, welcome to the Nexus and the fun that is mushroom extraction Smile

Looks like you are mainly following "Casale's" approach to get psilocin, with the option of using a solid organic acid to make the final product more crystaline. The other option of putting the oily residue in a desiccant for a few days to make it solid is interesting, does it become oily again after being exposed to open air?

After working on this for some time, I lately like to use a methanol extraction on dry fruits since it has given the best results with minimal effort. Below is a plot for different approaches from a recent paper (attached), where a simple a 24h methanol soak (#4 in the figure below, called "Thomson's" approach) gave the best results (Casales approach is #1, and the gray bars represent psilocin while the white bars represent psilocybin).

I've lately been having fun with the Thompson approach, focusing on cleanup and/or "soaking up" oils with an excess of crystaline organic acid to get a very concentrated white fluffy powder. That work is ongoing in other posts, but here is a relatively simple way to get to a crude fluffy white powder that I think could be pretty potent based on very preliminary work,

-Dry mushrooms and grind finely in a coffee grinder
-Cover with methanol for 24h(I have been using 50/50 EtOH/MeOH dentarued alcohol due to OTC availability)
-Filter to a clear tan solution
-Optional: repeat previous step and rinse filtrate with fresh methanol to improve yield
-Optional: reduce volume to a managable level before next steps and filter
-Add 5x the volume of acetone and leave in refrigerator over night. What I think is unwanted material will crash out (needs verification), the hope is that this separated out a lot of foldable proteins without the need for a column
-Filter to a clear solution.
-Dissolve ~5% of the dry mushroom in fumaric acid into the filtered solution (the less one can use and still get powder at the next step the better)
-Dry, the product should be a fluffy powder that makes you smile as you easily scrape it up

Consume powder by stirring it in water and filtering out anything that does not dissolve (a dose takes only a few minutes to prepare). Using a UV light you can see that this water has a strong green/yellow fluorescence. The clear water has a pleasant fresh tart flavor in my opinion. Alternatively, I taking a capsule filled with some of this powder may also work (but would not be as pure).

There are possible improvents to make a more pure powder with acetone/naptha/solvent washes (similar to how it's done in the Hofmann patent) and attempts at crystalization. (Note: Actone seems to disolve psilocin separating it from psylocybin).

This cleanup process is experimental, and has not been verified fully. It may not work. Time will tell as we run more tests.

Thanks for your contribution and good luck.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Vegeta28
#4 Posted : 12/3/2018 12:44:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi nexusers,

Loveall Smile Thank you very much for all the information, I understand that a simple extraction with methanol is the easiest and what more production gives mixture of psilocybin and psilocin.
I am interested only in psilocin as pure as possible and without using regulated solvents such as acetone, here to buy acetone they ask for documentation that is quite annoying.
And I can not try the FASA method either, they do not sell fumaric acid here.

Photo (( 0 ))

If the ether is well dry is like a resin yellow with a greenish reflection, but not like an oil. Now is out the disecant container and ti is still hard. This Is the acidific resin from the step option 2 of my firts post. half tartaric acid and half aprox psilocin resin.

I make another extraction this time:

Photo (( 1,2 ))

35 fresh pancyan mature
125 ml hot water
3-4 ml acetic acid
50 mg tartaric acid
50 mg citric acid (I read that this acid holds heat better without decomposing)
A few pinches of ascorbic in the funnel while filtering.
Once filtered the PH of the solution was around 4.2

Photo (( 3,4 ))

PKas
-Acid PH: 3.8 (regulate with citric acid)
-BasePH: Bicarbonat 8
         Hidroxid 9.8

-I extract 2 part 30 ml ether 10 min each (i make a 3rd to see if ther still have some..and for my suprise a lot of psilocin come out.
(How many pulls do I need to make? 20 min each may be? chloroform can hold more and faster psilocin than the ether?)

-Dry the ether over sodium sulfate 1 hour approx

Photo (( 5,6 ))

-In amber glass bottle add 30mg of tartaric acid and throw the ether inside. Here is the moment of true .. all becoms white and cloudy in the botom..a lot of a wihte dust precipitates in the botom ... i shake in 5 or 10 minuts all be clear again. But some of tartaric translucing grains do not dissolve.
Questions:
Can the precipitated are tartaric psilocin? and maybe tartaric psilocin miscible whit ether?
Maybe if i pull out the ether quickly after the precipitates forms on the botom and before they disolving agains? and i leave the white dust in the bottle?
maybe i need to put less tartaric acid like the dmt fumarate 1/3 approx.

Photo (( 7 ))

-evaporate under vacum

Photo (( 8 ))

- add 10 ml of methanol ( not dissolve all.. some white things still are there.)

Photo (( 9,10,11,12 ))

-evaporate under vacum

This time I think citric acid in combination with others helped to conserve psilocin better in the hot state. The solution was not green or blue after adding the hydroxide and extracting with ether. It is the first time that it happens to me.

Photo ((13))

I make a test with the 3rd pull in hot water and in a minuts...the color of the water ... becomes much darker, bluish-greenish black than the previous extacts.

Pdedit:

The yield was about 70 mg not counting whats is left in the beaker and the 3rd extraction of ether that was destined to test the presence of psilo in the test water.

Vegeta
0.jpg (221kb) downloaded 162 time(s).
1.jpg (386kb) downloaded 162 time(s).
2.jpg (250kb) downloaded 161 time(s).
3.jpg (245kb) downloaded 161 time(s).
4.jpg (281kb) downloaded 161 time(s).
5.jpg (181kb) downloaded 161 time(s).
6.jpg (180kb) downloaded 161 time(s).
7.jpg (246kb) downloaded 163 time(s).
8.jpg (219kb) downloaded 162 time(s).
9.jpg (1,051kb) downloaded 162 time(s).
10.jpg (761kb) downloaded 166 time(s).
11.jpg (923kb) downloaded 161 time(s).
12.jpg (797kb) downloaded 161 time(s).
13.jpg (279kb) downloaded 160 time(s).
IMG_20100109_123415.jpg (1,733kb) downloaded 153 time(s).
IMG_20100109_123732.jpg (2,747kb) downloaded 154 time(s).
IMG_20100109_124137.jpg (2,291kb) downloaded 154 time(s).

sbc1
#5 Posted : 12/3/2018 6:06:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is there any chance an admin can get this post moved or combine it with the main mushroom extraction thread and promote vegeta28 for his solid work on this topic

Loveall
#6 Posted : 12/3/2018 1:05:25 PM

❤️‍🔥

Looks like you evaporated something of interest from the diethyl ether.

We were able to precipitate a powder when using a water/solvent approach with Xylene and FASA (analysis by Benz showed a pretty clean psilocin signal there).

The cloudiness may be normal, have you tried a control using only diethyl ether and maleic acid?

You can try to freeze precipitate salts out or add a cosolvent such as naphta to try to force the salts out.

The thing with psiclocin powder is that it slowly changes color with time. I've seen that even when using vitamin C as the acid before evaporating. Also, based on subjective bioassay the yield I got was not great, just like the paper above said, but that may be a limitation on my part.

It's too bad you can't get acetone and methanol easily. I'm getting preliminary promising results with the that combo (extract in methanol, then crash out proteins with cold acetone).

Thanks for sharing your work. Are you going to bioassay the powder? Can you do TLC or send for analysis?

Vegeta28
#7 Posted : 12/4/2018 7:58:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi nexusers

I am very happy to be able to provide some of the information that I have taken from all of you my friends. It's like a debt.

E made diethyl ether with tartaric acid and no cloud is formed just costs it enough to dissolve.

The extract really smells like a...I do not know the words .. like smoked mushrooms bitters Very happy . I have it in the container with the dissector. I weigh it and it's 60 mg now. It is brighter than before, it is more bitter than acid seems ... probe just a granite. In these days I will try a bioassay to see what happens, 20 mg I think it will be enough.

Thanks a lot

Vegeta

Vegeta28
#8 Posted : 12/8/2018 11:50:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HI nexusers,

(PHOTO -1
The bioassay came out relatively well as expected.
Signs of oxidation showed the combined resin without "welding". 20 mg of the combi acid/resin has been something soft and pleasant, very pleasant bodily sensations, like the body feels more, and softer... I love that feeling .Love like MD organic says my friend ja Pleased .. and it was the same but less intense as the first time in the moment I evaporated the ether and I took it as it came without acidifying. I would say that at most was 6 or 8 mg of psilocin more the adding acid and some impurity and oxidation. This is from Step 2 of the first post. The one that after evaporating the ether was added acidified methanol, and evaporated without vacum. This process I will not do more because..

( PHOTO -2-3-4
..do not see the time to try this one that precipitated from the ether, that promises much more "welding". It smells strongly alkaloid and shows no bluish signs like this one had the previous one. And the performance was much higher and have more good apect.)

I think i will use almost the same volume of ether as of the solution to be extracted ... and at least 4 extractions of 10 minutes each or 2 of 20 min i dont know... trying to separate the last to see if they are still active with the last method of acidifying the water with several preservative acids.

Once the ether is splashed with the tartaric acid bottom, a white cloud precipitated at the bottom of the jar and then return to dissolve and after a while of being all transparent, and some cristal of tartaric acid stickng in the bottom,(exces of tartaric acid i think).. then began to explode out of the ether some crystals when shake more cristal began to stick evryware. Maybe at the moment that all the precipited dissolved and is transparten again I took the solution out... to leave behind the excess of tartaric acid stick there in the bottom. Maybe evaporated the ether very slowly in cold to have biger cristals. Or try to re-x in methanol if that disolved well or in another. Like fumarate dmt ?

I have aceton satured whith tartaric acids to make some test.Big grin

Regards

Vegeta

0.jpg (221kb) downloaded 99 time(s).
IMG_20181208_175044.jpg (442kb) downloaded 97 time(s).
IMG_20181208_175117.jpg (205kb) downloaded 97 time(s).
IMG_20181208_175134.jpg (333kb) downloaded 100 time(s).

Vegeta28
#9 Posted : 12/13/2018 7:05:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi nexusers,

Search something in the web about the tartrates, like a reference mode i found this about ergotamine tartrate.. "is a slightly hygroscopic colourless, odourless crystal or white or yellowish white crystalline powder. It is soluble in water, slightly soluble in ethanol and chloroform and practically insoluble in ether."

Taking this references maybe the precipited can be psilocin tartrate.?¿

I try a methanolic re-x with the precipited but i put too much warm methanol... and i have to put in the fridge to precipitate and discart the excess of methanol.. with have a goldish/ambar color.

Vegeta
tart.jpg (383kb) downloaded 88 time(s).
me.jpg (450kb) downloaded 89 time(s).
taric.jpg (323kb) downloaded 88 time(s).

Vegeta28
#10 Posted : 12/14/2018 2:37:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi nexusers,

Shocked
I dont understand .. just suck the tip of the spatula to clean and see the taste.... ..only have a litlle crumb of nothing! and i forghet that. I started doing somthing else.. and in a moment i feel some strange..and i got very nervous because I did not understand what happened and I even wanted to go to the bathroom ... and a little shaky with cold(it hapen to me some times with mushrooms). I hope that there was the nerves of the faster rise that .. and that is not bad the psilocin that can give a strange effect at the beginning .. but for me it was the nerve not to understand where the thing was coming from. and was extreme in a ray speed.. REALLY quickly..

As soon as i opened the tube i smelled it, i dont thiks thats get me high.

Thumbs up I am very happy and glad to comment that this is potent. Stop

I will upgrade the extract fase, 4 extracions of 10 min and the same amount of ether what the solucion to increas yields. i maybe doing a second extracion of the fungui material in a little more water.

Thanks all

Vegeta

Loveall
#11 Posted : 12/14/2018 7:08:36 PM

❤️‍🔥

I've noticed this too with these kind of powders, very quick feelings of nervous energy and something happening. However in my experience it dissipates very quickly and goes away - I have only done low doses so far (based on mushroom/powder weight ratio).

Vegeta28
#12 Posted : 12/15/2018 5:45:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

Loveall Smile Pleased Yes that is wat happens..is like i stay in the doors of the trip. But yes.. i dont take a larg o normal dose yet too of the precipited 5 mg maybe, only Tasties what are, very biter..strong biter.. i cant weigth so small things. its aprox eye.
Today a friend come and test the same and more and feel somthing but dont feel that i feel, . he told me maybe I sniff some powder or vapor when i open the tube..because i smell deep and long Big grin. and the vertiginosus nervus high with pupils slighty dilated. Thas was very strange..like a shot..a smoked. Maybe i have a panic moment.

With my friend we dicided to take all that was left in the tube... i weigth 25/30 mg aprox.. and i fuck up and throw for all the floor. Embarrased Sick with out comment.

Waiting New flashes for more test.

Taking reference for another tartrates alkaloids posted in erowid.. there is a lot of information there Drool i'll try it assuming it's a tartrate of another thing.

--For one way. when this precipitate forms after the splashed in the tartaric acid ground and dissolved all again, i pull out the solution in another flask to wait the another "precipitation fase or criastalization" when tartrate or impurites or a mixture of both crush out of the ether, we will see that after filtrating and evaporate the liquid fase to compare. This perhaps refine the thing. And try a re-x of tartrate with methanol;ether.
Evap all the ether whit out this separation we see at least thas something it is.

--For another hand I will aplicated some techincs mentions in some sinthesis founden in erowid of the amides lysrgic. The crude material preferently re-x before this next step. disolve all in the minum amount of methanol, then add a very little more. add the 25% of ether. then add the third part of the re-x crude material in tartaric acid powder. when dissolve all well.. they must start a cristalization. slowly cold... filtre..wash with cold ether. next re-x the tartrate maybe whith methanol;ether.

--"Add methanol in a quantity equal to four times the weigth of material in milliliters. Dissolve the re-x material of weight material in this. Dissolve one equivalent of tartaric acid in the same solution(third of material), warming the solution gently and stirring. Slowly with stirring, add ether to the solution Ether should be added dropwise with stirring between drops to dissolve any precipitate before addition of the next drop. Crystallization of tartrate should begin shortly after or during addition of the ether. This precipitate does not dissolve and should not be confused with the precipitate caused by the addition of ether. The mixture should be stirred until the solution becomes thickened by formation of crystals. Once crystallization tartrate is begun it is unnecessary to continue addition of ether"

--and i forget ..in another another hand haha, i test if the crude material can be disolve in acetona to make a TASA.

To evap and manipulating the crude material and re-x the crude is really convenient use argon/nitrogen and/or vacuum and the imagination ( i like argon becouse the density)

Thanks

Vegeta

Loveall
#13 Posted : 12/15/2018 12:42:37 PM

❤️‍🔥

I believe psilocin would indeed form a salt with tartaric acid. If you go to http://chemchart.com/psilocin-detail.html and look under alternative names, there it is.

Also, from this patent where they discuss Psilocybin,

Heim Roger, Hofmann Albert, Brack Artur, Kobel Hans, Cailleux Roger wrote:
Psilocybin is an amphoteric compound. It is optically inactive and readily soluble in dilute aqueous mineral acids and in dilute aqueous alkalis with which it forms salts.

There is also evidence for psilocin fumarate from Nexus work here. We saw that Xylene can be used to pull from a mushroom water extract loaded up with ammonium sulfate after taking care to denature the proteins (denaturing helped avoid emulsions and protein pellets). If FASA is added to the Xylene a powder precipitates out and tests as psiclocin in MS.

While that was interesting work, I found it cumbersome with questionable yields (could be a limitation on my part, but the plot from post #3 in this thread also indicates low yields with Cassale's approach). Now, I'm a lot more interested and working in getting a practical/simple high yield Psilocybin powder or even crystals at the moment (a first good step is getting methanol I believe).