We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
salvia breakthrough advice Options

timeloop
#1 Posted : 12/9/2009 2:09:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have tried somewhat unsuccessfully to have a full breakthrough with salvia. I have tried smoking standard leaf, 5x and 20x. Although I have had some interesting experiences: melting into the couch and percieving the room from the perspective of the cushions... spiraling strands of energy roating through my body and pulling me to the ground on an angle... and other similar things...

I have never had any true visionary experiences or any ego loss like on DMT.

I must admit that when I had the 20x saliva I was rather conservative with my dosages and never smoked a full cone. I have had 2 full bowls of 5x in quick succession but did not experiences anything other than the pull.

I currently have been given some 25x and I am planning on smoking this as soon as I find the right set and setting.

I was hoping that I would be able to receive some guidance from some travellers more experienced with sally than I. I am relatively confident that If I smoke a large cone of this 25x I will experiene the full effect.... but I am wondering if there is any particular mental preparation that I can foucs on to help guide me into this unfamiliar terrain. I must admit that I have a greater sense of trepidation thinking about my upcoming salvia encoutners than I do with DMT... mainly because it is so unfmaliar... and I think I have read too many strange reports and seen bad youtube movies about salvia... but it is something that I am determined to incorporate into my shamanic practice.

any advice would be immensely appreciated

namaste

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 12/9/2009 5:06:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

10x should be more than enough..I have yet to meet a person that cannot break through on 10x when all the conditions are right..reverse tolerancy might be at play..keep trying.

are you holding your hits for as long as possible?
are you dosing in a dark room?
do you have distracting music playing that will hold you here?

If you are doing all that and not breaking through than keep upping the dose until you do..if you smoke 3 large hits and dont break through than wait a day and try 4 hits etc..make sure that after your last hit you lay back in the dark eyes closed and RELAX as much as possible..I can assure you you will definatily know when you are really breaking through...it's like going down the rabbit hole..literally.

I dont know what to say about preparing..I dont know if anything can prepare you for your first salvia breakthrough..just do some meditation and be relaxed and open minded about what is to come...

Good luck!
Long live the unwoke.

geeg30
#3 Posted : 12/10/2009 1:51:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What you need is some way to take large amounts of salvia smoke very quickly. My preference is a 3 litre bucket bong - also remember to use a torch lighter as salvinorin vaporises at quite a high temp. Set and setting have never been a hindrance for me i.e daylight/darkness makes no difference etc, as long as I feel safe I'm fine.

As for a salvia breakthrough getting there is quick and painless (you pretty much have no option), being there can be quite unnerving and coming back is an experience all of its own - trying to re sync with normal reality.

Enjoy your travels
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

jamie
#4 Posted : 12/10/2009 2:05:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Torch lighter doesnt really make a difference..I have tested a bic ligher vs mathces vs torch lighter..it made no difference..I think people began saying this becasue of how DMT MUST be vaped, a flame destroys it..salvia does need higher temps, but a lighter flame is hot enough..

But yeah like said above..you need a way to get a large hit all at once..

Salvia bucket hitsShocked..uhh ya that worksVery happy ..a little to well..
Long live the unwoke.

geeg30
#5 Posted : 12/10/2009 10:10:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While I do admit a torch lighter works best for normal leaf, different lighters do make a difference depending on what strength your smoking and whether your salvia is powdered or 'whole' (as in crumbled leaf, enhanced or not). When using high strength powder then I don't suppose it really matters but I do think that a torch lighter has the best chance of vaping more of the goodies.

However, each to their own.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

Astralking
#6 Posted : 12/11/2009 5:25:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Buckets, boy i remember the ol' bucket. That would be one biiiig hit.
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Angel_Above
#7 Posted : 1/26/2010 6:58:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

For me, I travel furthest when I'm alone, in a dimly lit room, with SILENCE.

I have some 20x I'll probably try sometime this week. A pinch of 10x had left me in the usual membranous peoploid tapestry I usually end up in during breakthroughs.

deweeb
#8 Posted : 1/26/2010 10:30:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Guys , I do believe the problem is obvious for us all yet has only been aluded to here . With drugs , no matter what kind , if the dose is too small , very mild results follow . You have to get enough goods into your system to get the deeper desired effects . Lots of savinorin a into the blood results in a very deep paradigm shifting experience .

Too be honest smoking anything is not great , but sucking on salvia leaf no matter what extract , totally sucks for me, I hate it . But all is not lost ! There always is a better way, or shall I say a "different" tried and trued method , that has stood the test of time .

I have been working with salvia for over ten years now and have attempted every method of salvinorin a dosaging and have so far settled on only two methods .

One, I quid dried leaf if I want a mild meditative state . Quiding isn't magic but I have found a couple things do help me a bit , they may be useful for you too. . I use dried leaf material , tried the fresh , holy shit does that taste bad ! Ever sucked on your fingers after breaking dandelion plants ? Not only the taste though , unless you want to do a lot of swallowing of saliva and plant material your gonna be drooling all over the place . Kinda messy and looks like your having a seizure and drooling green foam all over . So I use dried leaves , usually six or so . If the leaves are all broken your going to have to learn how much works for you.
I chew them and kinda form a wad in my mouth then , roll that around a bit , but keep it together . Park it under your tongue and let it sit . Repeat for aprox 1/2 hrs for full meditative effects , then discard or swallow the quid .

Two , vaporizing salvinorin soaked cig paper , as per old Redgreenvines . This is the missile launching method , that's what you want , right ? I haven't got a link handy or his method right in front of me , but basically 95% pure salvinorin a in a predetermined ratio , is deposited onto cig papers .

Take the measured dose and vaporize the tiny square . A small poof of concentrated sal a is blasted straight to the brain ! Hello ? Hello ? Oh shit! Which color pill did you take ?

'Coatl
#9 Posted : 1/26/2010 11:40:36 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
Too be honest smoking anything is not great , but sucking on salvia leaf no matter what extract , totally sucks for me, I hate it . But all is not lost ! There always is a better way, or shall I say a "different" tried and trued method , that has stood the test of time .

Have you chewed FRESH leafs picked directly off a LIVING plant? If not, then try that.

Also... try quidding and smoking at the same time.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

deweeb
#10 Posted : 1/28/2010 5:06:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Coati , the very first time I attempted quiding(10yrs ago) was with my own grown fresh leaf . Unless you want to swallow a lot of saliva and don't mind a real bitter taste it works for a meditative state. I have never been able to get a complete body separation and flight like vapor .
I have quided and then vaped to draw out the experience and afterglow many times, it all depends what you want to achieve .

Thanks for the feedback .Cool

'Coatl wrote:

Have you chewed FRESH leafs picked directly off a LIVING plant? If not, then try that.

Also... try quidding and smoking at the same time.

rOm
#11 Posted : 2/18/2010 10:38:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

deweeb wrote:
I have never been able to get a complete body separation and flight like vapor .

I like tincture as an alternative to smoke, and under right conditions which are not only the dosage, I could fly like vapor - godspeed.

I'm not managing this anymore these last month.
For the smoking, I don't like having a lot of smoke in my lungs for extensive period, so I start to work out with the X-tals. but I'm being rather cautious with the dose as I don't want the "overdose" that would make me stop working that entheo. I'm staying below the 1 mg vapor dose so far. But I don't breakthrough with that amount.

I'm still wondering if I'm not turned into a hardhead or if I need to include more preparation such as meditative ritual : I think now, some calea z. beforehand could held settle the mood for a travel, I start to research good mixture. The amanita was quite interesting f.e, it didn't potentiate it, but rather prolong a strong afterglow very "sublingual salvia", where I was lacking balance and my thoughts were obviously still very "subconciously conscious".
That's a synergy I can recommend.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Czepa
#12 Posted : 2/18/2010 1:07:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hold your hits. 30 seconds minimum. when you blow out the smoke......... You are doing it wrong. When you breathe out, you should see no smoke.when i smoke salvia as i hold my hit i push my lungs out as if trying to breathe out and its almost like that pushes more salvinorin into my bloodstream, i can feel it in my veins, and i can feel it as it progresses through my legs and up my body to my brain. is this a common feeling?

well anyway the most important thing for a breakthgrough is letting go. of everything, repect the plant, be grateful of whom or what is helping you/teaching you.

letting go is a real real real big one. everything is one. 99.9999% of matter is space, the vacuum of reality. all around you ideas and responsibilities or thoughts or things you are meant to be doing that day, forget them. everything is nothing.
Sir Terrence McKenna: "and what is real: is you, and your friends, and your associations, your highs, your orgasms your hopes your plans your fears... and were told. no. we're unimportant, we're peripherial. get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that. and then your a player, (but) you dont even want to play that game? (well) you want to re-claim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers: who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash thats being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world. ¿where is that at?"

"But now technology throws a curve. and the curve is that we live so long, that we figure out what a scam this is. we figure out that what your supposed to work for isn't worth having, we figure out that our politicians are buffoons, we figure out that professional scientists are reputation building gravitating weasels. we discover that all organizations are corrupted by ambition. we figure. it. out... and as you come to see that you are alienated you realise that culture is not your friend."

whiskey5
#13 Posted : 4/23/2010 7:49:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Czepa wrote:
hold your hits. 30 seconds minimum. when you blow out the smoke......... You are doing it wrong. When you breathe out, you should see no smoke.when i smoke salvia as i hold my hit i push my lungs out as if trying to breathe out and its almost like that pushes more salvinorin into my bloodstream, i can feel it in my veins, and i can feel it as it progresses through my legs and up my body to my brain. is this a common feeling?

well anyway the most important thing for a breakthgrough is letting go. of everything, repect the plant, be grateful of whom or what is helping you/teaching you.

letting go is a real real real big one. everything is one. 99.9999% of matter is space, the vacuum of reality. all around you ideas and responsibilities or thoughts or things you are meant to be doing that day, forget them. everything is nothing.

i'd have to agree with the "letting go" part of it. I'm sure thats common for almost all psychedelics, but with salvia I think its importance is emphasized.

Because, for me...someone said smoking is a rocket ship in take off, and they're right. So that experience is so immediate, that if there is anything your holding on to, then Salvia will make that known, and it can get pretty scary at that point.

Like letting go of the ego can be scary, and for me it seemed unstoppable. Like Salvia was gonna destroy my ego and show me how things are in the world without it - and it was beautiful, and real, and I wish I could have that outlook 100% of my time.

But its scary, knowing that what I think of me is an incorrect way to think about myself. That keeps me remaining hesistant about Salvia. I don't find pleasure in it, or amusement, but its something that I do to keep it real, so to speak.

ThirdEyeVision
#14 Posted : 4/23/2010 8:38:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A guaranteed trip to the carnival:

Setting:
Low light.
Very few and only trusted people. NO ONE that will say "hey man, you trippin?". Sitter should be silent and still.
Quiet music: recommended Rodrigo y Gabriela ( new album 11:11 is RIDICULES!)

Equipment:
Bong
TORCH lighter
bowl of high quality extract. http://salviazone.com/store/product.php?prod_id=25 will guarantee you get there
comfy pillow or bed to lay on

Procedure:
Pack bowl.
Meditate to calm any nerves
Put torch flame DIRECTLY on bowl and suck. Flame must remain on bowl ENTIRE time. Salvinorin A has a boiling point of 1400f. It's not like weed where you get it cherry-ed.
VERY IMPORTANT: HOLD FOR AT LEAST 30 SECONDS!!!!!!
Repeat if there is any left and you have not diapered yet.
Lay back and close your eyes.

There are many good products on the market (growing your own is always proffered) but the above link is tried and true and has NEVER left me or my friends behind. Never.

The most important things:

1) Take a very big rip.
2) Keep flame on bowl ENTIRE time!
3) Hold it for 30+ seconds.

Post back your results.

ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

RealAwareness
#15 Posted : 4/24/2010 5:54:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

timeloop wrote:
spiraling strands of energy rotating through my body and pulling me to the ground on an angle...

If you are getting to this point, you are closer than you think. This is the point I was getting to repeatedly, before having my first (and last, lol) Salvia breakthrough. The only thing I did different was take two huge hits (using 10x leaf) after I hit that point. The first huge hit, I held for 30 seconds. The second, I didn't need to hold it. I was gone. Of course, I didn't know I was gone until I came back Smile

The solution is simple: Just keep smoking until you can't.

Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream
It is not dying...It is not dying
Lay down all thought; Surrender to the void
It is shining...It is shining...

RealAwareness

whiskey5
#16 Posted : 4/26/2010 9:59:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

RealAwareness wrote:
timeloop wrote:
spiraling strands of energy rotating through my body and pulling me to the ground on an angle...

The solution is simple: Just keep smoking until you can't.

yep. keep smoking till you forget that you were even smoking. But, be careful to set your smoking device down before that occurs.

3rdEyePryed
#17 Posted : 4/27/2010 3:19:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Meditate for at least 20-60 mins before you do it.after load it into a large bong. Take the largest hit you have ever taken in your intire life. lay back on a bed and close your eyes and lay Down. You will have some fun I'f you want to do it that way. But that way and process for me works. That is when I get to be the blue being. Heheheh lol
Conjoint creation and joy for all from its contemplation.

Apoc
#18 Posted : 7/23/2010 6:56:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

timeloop wrote:
I am wondering if there is any particular mental preparation that I can foucs on to help guide me into this unfamiliar terrain.

Resolve to not freak out or thrash about, no matter what you see.

gibran2
#19 Posted : 7/24/2010 1:30:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

ThirdEyeVision wrote:
Put torch flame DIRECTLY on bowl and suck. Flame must remain on bowl ENTIRE time. Salvinorin A has a boiling point of 1400f. It's not like weed where you get it cherry-ed.
VERY IMPORTANT: HOLD FOR AT LEAST 30 SECONDS!!!!!!
Repeat if there is any left and you have not diapered yet.
Lay back and close your eyes.

I agree with most of what you say, but 1400ºF ??? Iโ€™ve never heard that before. Where did you get that information? Also, itโ€™s not necessary to heat the leaf material to the vaporization temperature to release the salvinorin A into the air stream. I canโ€™t imagine that inhaling 1400ºF air + salvinorin A vapor would be very wise.

Iโ€™ve tried a torch lighter and regular Bic, and there is no difference. The most important factor is holding the smoke in your lungs long enough. 20-30 seconds is more than adequate. Also, as has already been said, keep the flame on the material for the full duration.

Iโ€™m not convinced that meditating beforehand or โ€œletting goโ€ play a big role. Maybe I just let go naturally, but my experience is that salvia takes you, whether youโ€™re ready or not. If youโ€™ve taken a sufficient dose, your mindset will matter very little.

A breakthrough dose of salvia has an irresistible forcefulness that cannot be challenged.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Global
#20 Posted : 7/26/2010 10:18:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

For me, the butane lighter makes all the difference in the world. I can smoke an extremely potent extract with a regular lighter and have a mild experience or smoke an extract 1/4 the potency with a butane and completely blast off. I don't think this has anything to do with the method for smoking DMT, as I arrived a that conclusion from personal experience long before any experimentation with DMT.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

12NEXT