We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Attempting Oral DMT with an MAOI when on prescription medications Options

crakkbakk
#1 Posted : 12/9/2009 1:31:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I am on prescription medications that can not be mixed with an maoi. It is not necessary for me to take these medications every day. They are on an as needed basis.

Right now I think that your not supposed to mix MAOIs with them is that most precription MAOIs last two weeks in your system.

Are there any herbal MAOIs that last much shorter, or is this just risky behavior and shouldn't be attempted?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Touche Guevara
#2 Posted : 12/9/2009 6:34:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ask your doctor.

antrocles
#3 Posted : 12/9/2009 6:38:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

probably best to not risk it brother....

but yes, there is an herbal MAOI that lasts much shorter....it's called banesteriopsis caapi...or ayahuasca vine. it is magic and soulful beyond words.

i would still consult your doctor cuz you can get really sick and even DIE if you mess up with an MAOI..... Sad

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

endlessness
#4 Posted : 12/9/2009 10:55:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what medication is it, if you can tell? but yes, ask your doctor about RIMAs and your medication.. dont endanger yourself please

flyboy
#5 Posted : 12/31/2009 4:26:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I can't help but repeat what i've read elsewhere... if maoi combinations were so dangerous we would have read of many deaths, but nobody can find one case of a psychonaut being even just hospitalized due the combo, and lord knows there are plenty of peole who mix not even knowing what they are doing. In fact, and please do correct me if i'm wrong, I haven't read of any psychedelic or entheogen killing hurting someone physically other than mdma overheating and lack of water.. or a few cases of too-much water... i've seen both and yep, they look 1/2 dead.

But lsd, shrooms, dmt, salvia, mescaline, aya, etc.... we can't find a cited case, and neither have i been able to and i read 3 newspapers everyday for the past 25 years. Only excstasy deaths, and never have i seen it blamed on an maoi although they might be due to non-reporting, i don't know the mdma/maoi problems but do know lots of mdma-heads who pop/ped tons of different pills during the same night and never died.

BTW i'm not including suicides or accidents...i'm sure many people have killed themelves thinking they were cartoons, getting lost in the wilerness on shrooms, the kid who killed hiimself after salvia showed him the matrix, etc..

In fact, LSD used to kill me when i was younger - everytime i got burnt with fake blotters when we were dying to trip out!! Dammit that hurt and it happened a lot in the mid 80s when good people became crackheads and went bad.