We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Why is Crack Pipe < GVG ? Options

Brennendes Wasser
#1 Posted : 11/17/2018 12:29:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Hello!

I just recently had some efforts at smoking pure spice WITHOUT the sandwich method or anything else in a bong.

This made me wondering, if this is now not just a bigger sort of Crack Pipe, if I use it the way I did.

So I considered buying one.

And as since ages everyone says that the GVG is so good and therefore it automatically means that a Crack Pipe seems to have some downsides, can you tell them to me?

I mean if you evaporate the same amount of Spice, then everything is in the air. Then if you inhale it, where will be the difference ?

I can ONLY imagine, that the Vapour could be smoother (but also I would not even know why even this should be the case ?! ;P)

THX for any answers = )

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 11/17/2018 6:46:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

GVG = convection heating, crack pipe = conduction heating. DMT runs away from heat source during conduction, and also burns more easily due to more uneven heating. Convection is more effective, and the GVG has a ceramic filter which prevents the fire from touching the dmt, so just hot air touches it. This also significantly reduces the risk of any overheating/burning, its a much smoother vapor, no combustion.

You can also build your GVG alternative, like the green buddha

null24
#3 Posted : 11/17/2018 2:39:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I favor a modified crack pipe method. Basically using a larger piece of chore than one would for hubba, and after placing your dose of spice whether it be goo or whatever polymorph you have on that wad, loading another ball of chore on top of that to act in the same manner as the ceramic disc in the GG. I've had wonderful success with this method and a torch...

So would that be like a hybrid conduction/convection style pipe?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Brennendes Wasser
#4 Posted : 11/19/2018 6:20:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Ok but this means that the big thing is that it does not BURN the spice easily.

So if one would say: if skilled enough to NOT burn it with the Crack Pipe, then is there anything remaining?

I mean, if you evap it properly, then it is just Spice in the air ... so I cannot see any difference aside this.

I am just asking this, as while using my Water-Bubbler / Bong the way like a Crack Pipe nothing burned by now and therefore I do not see any other improvement when regarding the GVG.

So am I right by this assumption?

jbark
#5 Posted : 11/19/2018 6:54:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I started with a 'crack' style pipe and then moved on to a gvg. While using the first pipe, I was loading 30-60mg and every time was a different, random level of experience. When I moved to the gvg I started loading 15-30mg. 30 mg was always a very strong experience and 15 always a low to moderate one, with things scaling predictably between the two extremes.

I have to add that some of the 50-60mg loads in the 'crack' pipe were a lot LESS strong than 15mg in the gvg; at other times, I had my mind blown, but still nowhere near what I imagine (if one can EVEN imagine) 60mg in a gvg with proper technique would be like. I would NEVER load 60mg into a gvg, personally. Also, some of the 30mg loads felt like misfires, with mild visuals and a light body tingling...

Conclusion: With the 'crack' pipe (oil bubbler is the correct name, no...?), I was ALWAYS burning some spice. But I could never predict HOW much I would burn, so I was really rolling the dice (given that vaping/smoking DMT is always a roll of the die, lets just say I was adding a random number of extra dice into the roll Twisted Evil ). As a result, the 'oil bubbler' both wasted spice, and, much worse, made each trip's intensity and duration woefully unpredictable.

Just my 2 sense, (sic)

JBArk

JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 11/19/2018 7:27:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
Ok but this means that the big thing is that it does not BURN the spice easily.

So if one would say: if skilled enough to NOT burn it with the Crack Pipe, then is there anything remaining?

I mean, if you evap it properly, then it is just Spice in the air ... so I cannot see any difference aside this.

I am just asking this, as while using my Water-Bubbler / Bong the way like a Crack Pipe nothing burned by now and therefore I do not see any other improvement when regarding the GVG.

So am I right by this assumption?

Theory and practice are very different as you are probably well aware. Your argument may seem to make sense in theory but until you've tried both to compare, it doesn't mean much imo.

I've tried many different methods multiple times, including crack/meth pipe, water bubbler, The Machine and I'm sure some other I forgot. GVG was by far way better than any of them (including than of the normal wood VG), regardless of how much experience I had with the other methods or the "tricks" I used to get them better. The vapor in the GVG is way smoother, and I need much less DMT to get the same experience. If I couldn't get the money to buy a GVG i'd build a Green Buddha, which I'd imagine would be equivalent but can't say for sure. For the many years I've been in the forum everybody who tried the GVG mentioned the same thing, I haven't seen a single person say otherwise. I think chances that you do something incredibly different than all these people and are able to get the same results with a crack pipe are very very very slim.

blue.magic
#7 Posted : 11/22/2018 11:12:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tried both and although crack pipe works, I am never able to produce smooth vapor. Once it vaporizes it does so very quickly and you have to suck suck suck... and then your are blown away, it's quite aggressive to my taste and the vapor is always a little bit harsher than with GVG.

With GVG's operation is smoother, more ritual, and the vapor stays in the tubing instead of immediately escaping like the pipe. It is also harder to burn yourself by the hot glass.

There are pros and cons to both too. Depends on your priorities.